FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[ROM] Clean ROM - Stock UI - RTM 8858 Base - Focus v1.3 - 7.8 Official

941 posts
Thanks Meter: 750
 
By voluptuary, Senior Member on 3rd March 2012, 10:00 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
5th April 2012, 08:05 AM |#161  
SuperSport's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Northern California
Thanks Meter: 569
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaVoKeR

WHy do you need mediafire when min.us is pretty much direct download with unlimited speed? lol and it's only ONE single file. Anyways, i see that SuperSport has already uploaded a MF link. Goodluck!

I've tried min.us, and like it very much, but I wonder if China has issues downloading from them?
 
 
5th April 2012, 08:38 AM |#162  
HaVoKeR's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport

I've tried min.us, and like it very much, but I wonder if China has issues downloading from them?

Yes, i was wondering the same thing... that's why i asked him, lol. Hopefully not because that would suck :/ I don't like hosts that block traffic from certain place >__<
5th April 2012, 03:05 PM |#163  
woodbane's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Flashed this new build yesterday as soon as it became available.

No issues at all thus far apart from the 3G/EDGE toggle not working. However, I did in the interim flash the original DFT ROM and the toggle did not work in that ROM either so I'm now wondering if it is indeed hardware specific.

Anyhow, loving the new build, keep up the great work!
5th April 2012, 05:25 PM |#164  
SuperSport's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Northern California
Thanks Meter: 569
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaVoKeR

Yes, i was wondering the same thing... that's why i asked him, lol. Hopefully not because that would suck :/ I don't like hosts that block traffic from certain place >__<

I don't know if it's the Host, or the Country. China's Government is known for blocking sites they don't agree with.
Last edited by SuperSport; 5th April 2012 at 05:34 PM.
6th April 2012, 02:50 AM |#165  
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Guys,

need your help. I want to access Indian marketplace in my focus ?

How too achieve that ? I can always see only the US marketplace.

Please assist
6th April 2012, 01:16 PM |#166  
Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakaaithiri

Guys,

need your help. I want to access Indian marketplace in my focus ?

How too achieve that ? I can always see only the US marketplace.

Please assist

for that you need to add a valid Indian live id in first place
So first make id, then reset the phone and add that id, then you will see Indian marketplace
7th April 2012, 03:05 AM |#167  
asaka34's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Belleville, IL
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Question MMS Video and voice notes
When I attach a video to mms it always says the file is too big. I changed the settings to vga, low quality with a 3 second video, and still nothing. Is anyone else having this problem as well?

Also, I do not have an option to send a voice note through mms. Are the two related? Should I reflash or is it just that tango isn't officially released yet, so not everything is there?

Thanks for the help.
7th April 2012, 08:47 AM |#168  
Senior Member
Flag Orange, ca
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Ditto this. Even a 10 second video clip is a no go. Is there something special you have to do in video settings before recording, perhaps?


Quote:
Originally Posted by asaka34

When I attach a video to mms it always says the file is too big. I changed the settings to vga, low quality with a 3 second video, and still nothing. Is anyone else having this problem as well?

Also, I do not have an option to send a voice note through mms. Are the two related? Should I reflash or is it just that tango isn't officially released yet, so not everything is there?

Thanks for the help.

7th April 2012, 06:05 PM |#169  
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nipungupta7

for that you need to add a valid Indian live id in first place
So first make id, then reset the phone and add that id, then you will see Indian marketplace

Also don't forget to change the system locale to India.
8th April 2012, 09:03 PM |#170  
Member
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Question New MMS/Location Tango Features
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaka34

When I attach a video to mms it always says the file is too big. I changed the settings to vga, low quality with a 3 second video, and still nothing. Is anyone else having this problem as well?

Also, I do not have an option to send a voice note through mms. Are the two related? Should I reflash or is it just that tango isn't officially released yet, so not everything is there?

Thanks for the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasongw

Ditto this. Even a 10 second video clip is a no go. Is there something special you have to do in video settings before recording, perhaps?

I am loving this ROM. It runs perfectly on my Focus, and I haven't had any issues at all. Heck, my GPS picks up so much faster than stock 8107, or DFT's original Sammy Rainbow ROM. Just had two questions on this. One, as quoted above, the new MMS features, namely video messaging and voice notes, are not functional (at least on my phone, have tried every setting to send a video, and I cannot find the voice note feature). Are the new MMS features not fully implemented yet in this version of Tango that the ROM is based on (8773)? Also, the new location icon, (http://www.theverge.com/2012/3/7/285...on-icon-update), is not present either. I'm not blaming you at all, I'm just curious as to whether they were even cooked into the original Tango dump this ROM (and consequently, CeesHeim's) is based on. Thanks for a wonderful ROM.
9th April 2012, 02:26 AM |#171  
voluptuary's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Mukwonago
Thanks Meter: 750
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaka34

When I attach a video to mms it always says the file is too big. I changed the settings to vga, low quality with a 3 second video, and still nothing. Is anyone else having this problem as well?

Also, I do not have an option to send a voice note through mms. Are the two related? Should I reflash or is it just that tango isn't officially released yet, so not everything is there?

Thanks for the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasongw

Ditto this. Even a 10 second video clip is a no go. Is there something special you have to do in video settings before recording, perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenezuelaDan

I am loving this ROM. It runs perfectly on my Focus, and I haven't had any issues at all. Heck, my GPS picks up so much faster than stock 8107, or DFT's original Sammy Rainbow ROM. Just had two questions on this. One, as quoted above, the new MMS features, namely video messaging and voice notes, are not functional (at least on my phone, have tried every setting to send a video, and I cannot find the voice note feature). Are the new MMS features not fully implemented yet in this version of Tango that the ROM is based on (8773)? Also, the new location icon, (http://www.theverge.com/2012/3/7/285...on-icon-update), is not present either. I'm not blaming you at all, I'm just curious as to whether they were even cooked into the original Tango dump this ROM (and consequently, CeesHeim's) is based on. Thanks for a wonderful ROM.

Sadly I can't test the MMS issue becuase I don't have a SIM in my Focus and if I put mine in at&t moves me from my $10 unlimited data plan to a $20 300MB data plan then I have to call them and sit on customer support for an hour to get everything back... so for now this is going to remain unfixed. I do still have my DFT base and I think once the Tango CAB's are available via Zune I'll cook in the offcial stuff and go back to DFT as a base. As far as the location icon thing with Tango both my HD2 and my Focus don't show any extra icon and that image on the verge is just a mock-up so maybe it might not even be in the final build.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
clean, focus, rom, samsung, v1.3
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes