{ROM}(PORT)MIUI Bravo 2.3.30.2

OP skeevydude

4th April 2012, 07:02 AM   |  #11  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Hot Springs
Thanks Meter: 2,863

2,850 posts
More
I've noticed that the MIUI Compass only works some of the time. Opening any other compass fixes it.....anybody have a good compass app to add? Or any system type app for that matter?

I need to look into using Aroma Installer.

The post wasn't even up for 1 minute and someone had already downloaded the newest version. Damt that was fast.
4th April 2012, 03:17 PM   |  #12  
Flag nuevo leon
Thanks Meter: 662

2,206 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeevy420

I've noticed that the MIUI Compass only works some of the time. Opening any other compass fixes it.....anybody have a good compass app to add? Or any system type app for that matter?

I need to look into using Aroma Installer.

The post wasn't even up for 1 minute and someone had already downloaded the newest version. Damt that was fast.

This work already this in Spanish....?
4th April 2012, 06:33 PM   |  #13  
Flag Hot Springs

2,850 posts
More
No, not yet. Working on it. The only 2.3.30 multilangluage I've found has an extra USB notification system call in framework-res.apk and that call can cause sdcard corruption, apps not to function correctly, lose of data tethering, losing the ablity to copy and paste from the pc to the phone's sdcard. Probably other things too. Its just too unstable to add in for now.

I've attached the multilanguage framework-res.apk to the first post if someone wants to help make this multilanguage. So far I think the problem is a few strings in strings.xml in the language's values folder, and a line in ids.xml in the same folder. I've edited all the languages and removed all the calls, but I have recompile errors. I've tried 3 different versions of apktool.

I also forgot to add in dsp manager with the latest release. Not a big deal since Beats Audio works well, but I'll upload a patch for it later on today when I have the time for it. I was so busy with the multilanguage yesterday, and real life when I wasn't modding, that it slipped my mind.
4th April 2012, 08:06 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 22

127 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeevy420

*Scripts aren't activated by default. To use scripts, open Terminal Emulator, type "su", then use one of the following commands to use the scripts: "v6.sh" for V6SuperCharger "3g.sh" for 3g TurboCharger "kak.sh" for Kick Ass Kernelizer "dhb.sh" for Die Hard Battery Calibrator. I shortened all the script names to make the commands easier to type.*

What are these scrips for ?
And was the original MIUI 2.3.30 build overclocked ?
4th April 2012, 09:05 PM   |  #15  
Flag Hot Springs

2,850 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyClip-R

What are these scrips for ?
And was the original MIUI 2.3.30 build overclocked ?

The scripts are for memory, kernel, 3g, wifi, and lots of tweaks. Try them out. I recommend using the automatic settings in V6 (forgot the exact #), then option 20; options 5 & 7 in 3g, and enable io tweaks in kak and let it run. They'll help a lot. The 3g.sh option 5 doubles my 3g down speed. Check out the link on the bottom of the first post, it goes to the new release and archive page for the scripts.

No, it wasn't overclocked, but I've ran overclocked with those settings since December on all the roms I've ran. Only a few CM7's have had problems with those settings, and usually its the CM7 rom being buggy that causes the crashes with the low voltage.

I've also seen overclock posts with people running 300@18, 500@35, 800@44. for better battery. That's just dumb. You'll harldy ever stick at 500, hell, you'll hardly stick at the 600 stock, especially with the default governor settings. I found that 700 is a good median value to use. Powerful enough to get the job done without jumping to Vsel3 and stable when undervolted. And 1100 helps run games smoother without having to bump up the voltage.

For governors; choose Conservative for Best Battery with slight lag, then Smart Ass for Slightly less battery with less lag, then Ondemand. Performance & Userspace are battery killers, but they also stay on Vsel3 and are great when staying plugged in. The conservative lag comes from trying to stay on the lowest Vsel it can and lowering as soon as it can. Same with Smart Ass. Use No Frills to choose the governor and apply on boot. Leave the bootmenu governor at Performance, Ondemand, or Userspace for a faster boot and then don't pick that governor in No Frills, the overclock module likes to bug up with changing to the same governor already in use.
5th April 2012, 12:22 PM   |  #16  
Somewhere!
Thanks Meter: 296

1,340 posts
More
Questions:

Are you working on spanish language for MIUI? I understand everything but I'd like to install this rom to my girlfriend's bravo, she likes it.

Does Bravia engie work for us? I think it didnt work for defy neither for us.
5th April 2012, 03:18 PM   |  #17  
Flag Hot Springs

2,850 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by josuearisty

Questions:

Are you working on spanish language for MIUI? I understand everything but I'd like to install this rom to my girlfriend's bravo, she likes it.

Does Bravia engie work for us? I think it didnt work for defy neither for us.

Yes, working on Spanish. Maybe today or tomorrow. I'm having to use Google Translate on a hundred strings from 4 apks. After that I test.

I have no idea if Bravia works. I just added it in.
5th April 2012, 08:01 PM   |  #18  
Flag Hot Springs

2,850 posts
More
I'm having problems recompiling the apks no matter what method I do. I've tried a few methods with 3 different apktools. I'd just make a Spanish 2.3.30 rom, but there isn't one to make. The latest Spanish rom (miui.es) is 2.3.23. Other than that, the closest thing I can find is WajkIUI GB for Defy. I could port either one no problem.

The Pikachu Miui Rom has Spanish in it, if that helps.
11th April 2012, 09:30 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 22

127 posts
More
can you build a clean install like MIUI does ?
I really appreciate your build, but i don't like overclock and software included
11th April 2012, 12:20 PM   |  #20  
Somewhere!
Thanks Meter: 296

1,340 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyClip-R

can you build a clean install like MIUI does ?
I really appreciate your build, but i don't like overclock and software included

I'd love a build like that too!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.3.30, bravo, miui
Previous Thread Next Thread