Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 51,005 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HDDs that work with Galaxy Tab 10.1?

Tip us?

mlhdk
Old
Thanks Meter 13
i use a samsung hd 750 GB via powered hub, works great.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

hoodie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sounds awesome! So, I suppose any powered hub works. Did you format the HD in any specific way or by the help of some fancy software (just wondering as I think Fat32 cannot be formatted under Win7 if the harddisk exceeded size x) ?
Thanks

achaayan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodie View Post
Though I suppose this Thread is kinda dead...I'd still like to know if there is a way to connect harddrives bigger than 32GB (and to format a Fat32 driver bigger than 32GB). Wish to stream media from my tablet to the PS3 and other players via Skifta...but I don't want to buy harddrives randomly, hoping they will work.

Tried with different USB Drives I have at home, but none works (well, NTFS of course).

Has anyone tried a bigger driver via powered USB Hub yet?
Or 64GB Sticks etc?

Cheers,
J.
If your tab is rooted you can get "usb mass storage otg" from the market which support your ntfs formatted drives :) no need for fat 32 crap anymore!

almith
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by achaayan View Post
If your tab is rooted you can get "usb mass storage otg" from the market which support your ntfs formatted drives :) no need for fat 32 crap anymore!
Hi,

would you mind to sharing the apk with us ? as i tried to install from market an said that my device not compatible. thank you very much in advance.

achaayan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by almith View Post
Hi,

would you mind to sharing the apk with us ? as i tried to install from market an said that my device not compatible. thank you very much in advance.
I am kindae new to androids. Since i installed the app from the maket where on my phone can i find the apk file?

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

achaayan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=achaayan;18914632]I am kindae new to androids. Since i installed the app from the maket where on my phone can i find the apk file?

Edit:think i figured how to go around. Find attaches the. Apk file. I found a few seconds delay while first opening. Also sometimes i had to reopen the app to allow root acces.because it didnt ask for root access on first run. Apart from the first run, its a breeze afterwords :)
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.skidmrk.umswatcherotg-19-2.0.18.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.06 MB, 149 views)

almith
Old
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
[QUOTE=achaayan;18914920]
Quote:
Originally Posted by achaayan View Post
I am kindae new to androids. Since i installed the app from the maket where on my phone can i find the apk file?

Edit:think i figured how to go around. Find attaches the. Apk file. I found a few seconds delay while first opening. Also sometimes i had to reopen the app to allow root acces.because it didnt ask for root access on first run. Apart from the first run, its a breeze afterwords :)
very kind of you, thank you very much!

teomor
Old
Thanks Meter 10
So it's true, you actually have to format your 500GB drive as FAT32 to get it working?
I guess this means no HD movies (files bigger than 4 GB) right?

achaayan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i plug in the lod fashioned 3.5hdd externally powered and ntfs formatted,

not able to connect 2.5hdds yet. if anyone was successful,what is powered usb hub used, i was not able to connect using a local brand of powered usb hub.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhdk View Post
i use a samsung hd 750 GB via powered hub, works great.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
did you use a 2.5" hdd. what is the usb hub that you used ?