Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,370 Members 37,712 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][WWE][May 16 2011]CAL 6.5.3[RC4]

Tip us?

trueg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
This works fine for MMS if you know your carriers MMS settings (they may also be posted here on XDA).

http://www.xda-developers.com/window...r-cdma-hybrid/

I never use MMS (costs me 50 cents per message), so I've never been in a hurry to add it (also since it requires 3rd party software).

I've been busy with a ton of stuff lately, including a new ROM for the LG Fathom. The method of flashing is tricky and requires hacked software so I'm not sure how to go about releasing it (spocky made it all happen). Between that, riding my motorcycle (practicing for driving test), Karate, 2nd job and family obligations I'm stretched a little thin.

TrueG
Attached Files
File Type: cab Arcsoft 5_2_8_45_WVGA.cab - [Click for QR Code] (4.66 MB, 62 views)

Etaduck
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Thanks for the suggestion. Haven't had a chance to test it out, but I did install it and I'll report back later.

I wasn't sure if it would work, I sent out the picture form the camera app, but when looking at the actual text, there was no option to insert anything. I don't send to many, but it is a nice option to have.

warezxp
Old
(Last edited by warezxp; 13th August 2011 at 02:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Hi All !

few posts ago I wrote about problem with not working Projector. Now I resolve this issues ! Based on V10g ROM I found important files to run Projector and built .cab file. Maybe some one will be interested and download that fix

Instruction:
- install
- restart
- have fun !
Attached Files
File Type: cab fix_dlp.cab - [Click for QR Code] (253.4 KB, 27 views)

themotorleague
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thank You TrueG - This is amazing

TrueG - I really hated this phone (GW825) and I suspect I bought it at the very end of it's lifespan as they announced the Windows 7 phones less than a month after I got this.

I ran your update and all I can say is that you've completely reinvigorated my phone. So far I have zero issues with the update. It seems to work flawlessly - and what I'm loving especially is that you've built it to not need the stylus - as my stylus broke within a few months of owning the phone (very cheaply made).

I can't thank you enough for helping me ride out my contract in a much more civilized manor - and if you're still developing this at all - I'll definitely try RC5 when it's ready.

Cheers! Don in Canada.

vivekiny2k
Old
(Last edited by vivekiny2k; 5th April 2012 at 03:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
ADo I have to do anything special to get activesync via bluetooth to work? I was synced on stock ROM but with this rom the activesync always fails. The only thing I find different is in this ROM i get many options for bluetooth services whereas in stock rom there was no choice as far as I can remember.

After a couple failures i selected activesync service only, and in WMDC allowed connection via "bluetooth", still no luck. I think it's selecting wrong port but not sure how to fix it. On my PC activesync doesn't show up in the list of services available on the phone.

EDIT: And TrueG, thanks for following up on the other thread even after it's been so long. I have researched android and WP7 enough to only come back to WM6.5 as my second device. And this ROM totally makes it worthwhile. lack of options on WP7 and fragmentation on android are something i don't need to deal with.

trueg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Well as far as I can remember there wasn't a problem, but it's been almost a year since I used my eXpo and 6 months since I have used Windows Mobile.

Hopefully someone else can comment on if it works for them or not. Worst case, I do still have my eXpo, but not a whole lot of free time to test it.

TrueG

vivekiny2k
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Set connect to my devices only, visibility of and all of sudden it started working. Thanks!

trueg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
That's great.

vivekiny2k
Old
Thanks Meter 3
OK, one more issue. after a couple complete drains overnight, I set my phone to turn off in a minute of inctivity whether on power or battery. but I have observed sometimes my phone wakes up and never goes back to sleep until I press the off button.

1. is there a utility to find out what's waking up my phone, some kind of a log?
2. what could prevent it from shutting off after a minute?

I have installed following things that run at startup, and suspect one of them.

AMEBA,
AEBPLUS,
autocall recorder
MSAUDODATACONFIG - was already there I guess
CYBERON VC
POUTLOOK - was already there.
QUICKMENU (will get rid of it soon, not much value)
SDDAEMON (part of voice commander i think)

I have set weather to update only after 6 hrs (can't set it to manual update). All mail accounts are on manual update.

trueg
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
You may want to post this question in a more general Windows Mobile forum instead of this one. I'm not sure how many people would be viewing this thread since it is pretty old.