Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,911 Members 49,844 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][03/24/2012] GSB v4.5 - Final | CM7.2 | It's been a great ride...

Tip us?

PieceKeepr
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by EhudBenjamin View Post
Is supercharger still working? What version are we using?

Sent from my ERIS using XDA
It is and release 8.1 is the latest. Try the calculator setting, it works great.

Sent from my ThunderSheded Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
HTC One M8 running ViperOneM8 by Team Venom

Verizon Tab 2 10.1 (rooted but no custom ROM )
Verizon Tab 2 7.0
(wifey's)

EhudBenjamin
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieceKeepr View Post
It is and release 8.1 is the latest. Try the calculator setting, it works great.
Thank you, I've been hiding under a rock....I even missed 4.4

Sent from my ERIS using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to EhudBenjamin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

It IS Lupus
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I just wanted to thank all the devs who kept this phone up to date. I just picked up a Rezound from Verizon

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to It IS Lupus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

phoneAphoria
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Default We need a better word than Thanks!

"Thanks" just seems inadequate to cover all the work you've done to keep the lil ol Eris ticking for us, 'Shed. This has been a quite a memorable ride, indeed.

When I stand back and look at our corner of XDA and XDA as a whole, it's seriously mind blowing what is being accomplished - and all for free - wow. I sure as hell hope at least some of those folks at Google and the the mgfrs appreciate the role XDA and the other forums have had in Android's success.

Beyond that, I also want to say that every endeavor is a reflection of it's founder(s). And this mini-community our Eris Dev forum has has been one of the best run and best vibed I've ever participated in and I think that because it's a reflection of who you are 'Shed, and of course everyone here that participated.

My only personal regret was that it's caught me at a time when I've also been out of work and I couldn't donate any $ to help support your efforts here. It was gratifying to see that so many others were willing and able to help you when you needed it and that you had the courage to ask.

I'm finally off contract and just month to month with Verizon and I'm not sure what phone or carrier I'm going to wind up with but it's due to your amazing work that I have a usable phone in the interim.

Thanks to EVERYONE here who contributed and made this place so much fun.

All the best with everything you do.
The Following User Says Thank You to phoneAphoria For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DowneyJM
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Great job as always shed, v4.5 is the best yet, by far,
i havent had 1 issue yet and ive even had my ol eris overclocked for a week @ 864 or some **** trying to blow it up
i hope it dies with GSB runnin, i wouldnt have it any other way
The Following User Says Thank You to DowneyJM For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

superbowlmania
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Amazing that the devs are still working on this phone, one of the first androids.

RKight
Old
(Last edited by RKight; 29th April 2012 at 09:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 104
I have an odd issue and I'm hoping maybe I can get a bit of help with it. I bought my Eris from a friend as a backup phone / toy. I've always gotten a decent signal with it but have usually used the WiFi only script, after each ROM I've installed, to help with battery life. I decided to install this ROM and, right from the very first boot, I have been unable to pick up a signal (even in areas where my Rezound gets a perfect signal). I have tried everything to fix this. I've messed with the radio settings using *#*#4636#*#*. I've also flashed way back to an early radio, hboot, and the Cupcake RUU, then upgraded one by one through the various RUUs and OTAs until I ended up on the final version. Nothing is working. I don't even get the option to activate the phone on any of the stock ROMs. No matter what I do, I don't get service. I ran CyanogenMod 7.1 in the past, along with a handful of other ROMs, and never had a problem. It wasn't until this one that this started happening. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this, and maybe know how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I tried flashing back to 1.5 once again, and I went into Mobile Network Settings and was able to get a signal by changing the "Network Service" setting from "Home only" to "Automatic A". I never had to do this before. Any ideas on how I might be able to change that?
LG G2
Stock rooted
HTC Rezound (backup phone / toy)
íRezone Redux!
Funky Kernel
Nexus 7 (2013)
Stock rooted
Bulletproof kernel

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1563
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKight View Post
I have an odd issue and I'm hoping maybe I can get a bit of help with it. I bought my Eris from a friend as a backup phone / toy. I've always gotten a decent signal with it but have usually used the WiFi only script, after each ROM I've installed, to help with battery life. I decided to install this ROM and, right from the very first boot, I have been unable to pick up a signal (even in areas where my Rezound gets a perfect signal).
Let me make sure I understand you correctly. Your Eris was activated and working on the service for calls/3G et cetera before trying this ROM?

I don't know if this might help, but...

1. Download "APN OnOff" from the market and install it.

2. Run it and and choose "Show APN list" in the middle of the screen.

3. Press the Menu soft key and choose "Reset to default" on the right.

4. You can try it again now, if this doesn't work, reboot and try again.

If that doesn't work:

A. Download and install "APN Backup and Restore" from the market.

B. Download the zip file I have attached.

C. Unzip it and copy or move the "ApnBackupRestore" folder it creates (and the folder's contents) to the root of your SD card.

D. Run APN Backup and Restore and choose "Delete APNs". Then choose "Restore APNs" and restore them from the xml file I gave you, which should automatically be listed when you choose that.

Once again, you can try before and after a reboot. Hopefully one of these methods works for you.

FYI the APN backup I attached is from a version of xtrSENSE that was based off the July OTA (probably xtrSENSE v4.5 through 4.6.5). Fresh from a boot, without having done anything else first.
Attached Files
File Type: zip apns-20101018164137-from July 2010 OTA.zip - [Click for QR Code] (610 Bytes, 3 views)

RKight
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Thank you. I'll be sure to try that in a bit.

LG G2
Stock rooted
HTC Rezound (backup phone / toy)
íRezone Redux!
Funky Kernel
Nexus 7 (2013)
Stock rooted
Bulletproof kernel

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1563
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKight View Post
Thank you. I'll be sure to try that in a bit.

You're welcome, let us know if you get it fixed!

Tags
cyanogenmod, desirec, eris, gsb, workshed