Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,276 Members 44,431 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[XAP] appSiege 1.4.5 - Check installed size of all installed applications

Tip us?

坏天使
Old
Thanks Meter 3
this is a great application,but have no chinese language,
Pain makes you stronger, tear makes you braver, heartbreak makes you wiser, so thank the past for a better future.坏天使

Nickg.
Old
Thanks Meter 106
work corectly on my Omnia 7 with custom rom

kevyn82
Old
Thanks Meter 8
it's really slow to list all my apps, since I have 90+ IsolateStorage folders (and I know people with even more apps installed).

But this app found some "left overs" from some app I did not unistalled correctly (app folder was still there, but the app was not listed among my phone apps)

andreacorti
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevyn82 View Post
it's really slow to list all my apps, since I have 90+ IsolateStorage folders (and I know people with even more apps installed).

But this app found some "left overs" from some app I did not unistalled correctly (app folder was still there, but the app was not listed among my phone apps)
yep.. i have 113..
with thousands of files... it's hard to speed up the procedure..

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2678
Oh man, I needed this... I'm always up against my phone's storage limit, and was considering writing an app like this just for my own usage. Thank you so much!! Simple, useful, and providing a feature that the OS itself lacks; the best characteristics of homebrew. Well done!
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2678
All that said, a few suggestions:

Fill in the Version field in the app manifest. It will make it easier to distinguish which version we are using, expecially for people who use XapHandler or another app that shows the version number.

Sorting by app title is good, but for an app like this I'm usually less concerned by "How much space is this using" and more by "What is using all my space" so maybe have the option to sort instead by Install size, Data size, or Total (combined) size? That would be fantastic.

Great job already, though. I especially like the background loading; it really reduces the annoyance of the wait time.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

wpxbox
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Here is my wish list :

A bar which can give a preview on how much space will be free when one or Multiple apps are selected.

Multiple select to see how much space apps take together.

Ability to uninstall app using the context menu.

Ability to launch the app.

Sort by Name, Install Size, Data Size.

Leapo
Old
(Last edited by Leapo; 6th April 2012 at 06:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 26
Small bug: it doesn't handle ampersands in app names correctly. For example, "AT&T Mobile Transfer" turns into "AT&T Mobile Transfer"

Feature request 1: Add alphabetical deliminators when the app list is sorted by name so we can jump to a specific letter of the alphabet. That list takes a LOT of scrolling at the moment, lol.

Feature Request 2: Remember the previously obtained app size data and refresh it when the app is launched rather than starting over from scratch.

spavlin
Old
(Last edited by spavlin; 6th April 2012 at 11:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 275
Click image for larger version

Name:	Memory Status.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	986805

Memory_Status_v1.1.rar & Memory_Status_Pro_v2.0.rar

dump.rar
The Following User Says Thank You to spavlin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wpxbox
Old
Thanks Meter 41
I think the Memory Status App can be integrated with this tool.

Tags
xap