Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,134 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A7+ memory and extrenal card issue

Tip us?

over's tab
Old
(Last edited by over's tab; 18th January 2012 at 03:45 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default A7+ memory and extrenal card issue

From elocity about A7+:
The 4GB internal high speed flash memory can store up to 4 feature films, 40,000 photos, or 2,000 songs for countless hours of entertainment. Wireless & Bluetooth.... BLA bla bla.

Ok, I have been searching and finding related information but confusing me more.

I have an A7+
it came with a 8 gb card, I can't figure out how to save to card, downloads, apps etc.
It never gives choice. No options in settings > memory card or when downloading

Besides the external card issue, and because of my novice tech knowledge I don't under stand what takes up space and best way to manage with A7+ or if different then A7

The 8 gb card shows 7.39 gb available and has not changed since installed, card was new so I never formated it.

*I now have 39.62mb available user space (that's not a lot, is it?) thats after 4 gb factory and all systems use, that left me with 1.53 gb to work with?? (edit, I deleted about a dozen apps and a bunch of music. Now available internal memory is LESS, 39.61mb what's going on)?

I have downloaded a bunch of apps, I don't fully understand how this effects memory, I have about 250 songs, no movies and just a dozen or so photos

I'm guessing its the apps

Thanks in advance...

frankwg83
Old
(Last edited by frankwg83; 18th January 2012 at 04:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Default reply

well, this is more of an android topic and not A7.

anyway, to move apps to a card go to Settings/Applications and on some apps that aren't protected you will have the option to move to card. many file managers have an app backup option and will also allow you to copy/paste to/from your memory card. try Astro, it's very popular and works well.

saving downloads is sometimes done by the settings of which ever program you are using. as far as i can tell the default browser and firefox mobile only save to onboard.
The Following User Says Thank You to frankwg83 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

over's tab
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Astra was not available for the A7+ that I could find, I found Es explorer app and yet to find area for my needs in it, I guess I need more time on it, it looks like much more then I need and more complicated then I can manage

I just need a easy way to manage basic downloads like photos, music, apps

frankwg83
Old
Thanks Meter 1
the device comes with a file manager preinstalled, i can't recall the name because my A7+ is not functioning and no one replied to my post.

over's tab
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I think 'OI manager' is the factory manager on my A7+.

With OI manager I tried to transfer files, apps (or anything) into my 8 GB card with no success, also tried 4 or 5 apps that advertise "app to SD" type ability along with more 'astro' type apps that claim to be file managers that should do what I need all with no luck, its like my device is locked to not to allow moving files

related issue, tablet was down to about 39.62MB internal space, after removing many apps and mp3s, it always seems to effect internal storage randomly, after clearing space I would sometimes loose available space, sometimes gain space, whats going on?? Is this a quirk with Android system?

The big one is, I decided to take the 16GB sd card out of my Blackberry and try in A7+. after first installing card everything was fine, all 200 or so photos and some videos from BB card showed up as expected (with device showing the majority of the 16GB sd card available) ....I went on to do something else and left the A7+ to go into stand by, when I woke it up, it says 'sd card is full please clear space' I go check available space and it is 0 and I can no longer access any pics, internal or on the 16GB card ?? I swap back the empty 8 GB card and show a total available internal 4.33MB and system seems to work ok except low memory storage. Note, that I had 39.62MB internal user space one week ago then up to ~60.14MB as of 24 hrs ago after a lot of cleaning of music and apps, then installed & removed other BB sd card and now down to 4.33MB. Its like Android Alzheimers or something as I now have very little memory space available and a device that does erratic things.

*Last thing, could it be the music I downloaded directly into device is corrupt or not compressed correctly or just to many files "or something I don't understand"? (the mp3s are in the internal 4GB storage that really is 1.53GB usable)

I still have about 200 songs downloaded from app called "MP3 Music Download" that I got from one of the included app stores, apk or Getjar??
Anyway to transfer those mp3s to pc or thumb drive then delete them from device and check status

I have emails into eLocity now for a couple weeks with no response from previously helpful contact

~eLocity A7+ with no mods, factory settings~

firefly4279
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by over's tab View Post
I think 'OI manager' is the factory manager on my A7+.

With OI manager I tried to transfer files, apps (or anything) into my 8 GB card with no success, also tried 4 or 5 apps that advertise "app to SD" type ability along with more 'astro' type apps that claim to be file managers that should do what I need all with no luck, its like my device is locked to not to allow moving files

related issue, tablet was down to about 39.62MB internal space, after removing many apps and mp3s, it always seems to effect internal storage randomly, after clearing space I would sometimes loose available space, sometimes gain space, whats going on?? Is this a quirk with Android system?

The big one is, I decided to take the 16GB sd card out of my Blackberry and try in A7+. after first installing card everything was fine, all 200 or so photos and some videos from BB card showed up as expected (with device showing the majority of the 16GB sd card available) ....I went on to do something else and left the A7+ to go into stand by, when I woke it up, it says 'sd card is full please clear space' I go check available space and it is 0 and I can no longer access any pics, internal or on the 16GB card ?? I swap back the empty 8 GB card and show a total available internal 4.33MB and system seems to work ok except low memory storage. Note, that I had 39.62MB internal user space one week ago then up to ~60.14MB as of 24 hrs ago after a lot of cleaning of music and apps, then installed & removed other BB sd card and now down to 4.33MB. Its like Android Alzheimers or something as I now have very little memory space available and a device that does erratic things.

*Last thing, could it be the music I downloaded directly into device is corrupt or not compressed correctly or just to many files "or something I don't understand"? (the mp3s are in the internal 4GB storage that really is 1.53GB usable)

I still have about 200 songs downloaded from app called "MP3 Music Download" that I got from one of the included app stores, apk or Getjar??
Anyway to transfer those mp3s to pc or thumb drive then delete them from device and check status

I have emails into eLocity now for a couple weeks with no response from previously helpful contact

~eLocity A7+ with no mods, factory settings~
I also have the same problem customer support was trying to help me but all I succeeded in doing was move an ebook to files and now I can't get it back or read it. I have never formatted my 8 gb card so I don't know if that is the step I missed. My stepdaughter printed out the manual but unfortunately it is more an overview than a step by step. It IS in the oi file manager. I also noted that when I tried to move the book that there was a thin strip that said move file and maybe that sucked me into loading the book to my files. My A7 also played youtube videos at first but now it don't. It will play other sites but if they go to youtube it comes and attacks the site. youtube has declared war on me and I don't know why or how to make them stop. bye for now frank

over's tab
Old
(Last edited by over's tab; 7th February 2012 at 06:01 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for input on this. I was never able to get issues resolved, the return period was almost up so I decided to return it 'no questions asked'

To many things building against it, lacking support online and from manufacturer, I will miss many aspects of the A7+, a nice little tablet with potential, but.....

I now have an Archos 80 G9 (8" 3.2 Honeycomb w/ 8GB) it also packs a lot for the money, so far so good

Edit: forgot to mention, on eLocity the 'HOME' key had stopped working completely

blooknight154
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Dropped the ball

No matter what you do you cannot get the Elocity A7 or A7+ to load to the SD card.....we have been trying for months and no matter what we do nothing works. The damned thing has so much potential and is suck a powerful little machine that it is a shame that the bloody company dropped the ball. We did manage to to get it onto every market in the world and we changed the 4 Gig internal to a 32 Gig internal and reloaded the Titanium backup onto the card with the PC so there is more space and now the SD is primarily storage and a media file. To think that all they had to do was try a little harder and this would have been a monster in the market place last year. Oh well, maybe someone else will create a tablet that is fun and easy to use.

Dexter_nlb
Old
Thanks Meter 4480

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by blooknight154 View Post
No matter what you do you cannot get the Elocity A7 or A7+ to load to the SD card.....we have been trying for months and no matter what we do nothing works. The damned thing has so much potential and is suck a powerful little machine that it is a shame that the bloody company dropped the ball. We did manage to to get it onto every market in the world and we changed the 4 Gig internal to a 32 Gig internal and reloaded the Titanium backup onto the card with the PC so there is more space and now the SD is primarily storage and a media file. To think that all they had to do was try a little harder and this would have been a monster in the market place last year. Oh well, maybe someone else will create a tablet that is fun and easy to use.
i fixed the kernel in my A7CompPlus release, and apps can be installed on sdcard, and i think i updated it in the Cyanogen release as well.
it just took some kernel recompile and different framework, since elocity framework does not support this at all (it is removed from the firmware completely).

so you cannot get the feature unless you try a custom rom.
Remember to press THANKS, if you liked my help or builds.
Hardware: Galaxy Note II * LG Optimus 4X * Elocity A7 * HTC Flyer/Wifi * ASUS TF201/Prime
LG Optimus 4X HD - 4X ClockWorkMod - O4X CustoNexus - O4X Sense4
HTC Flyer - ICSSense OneXXL -Flyer JellyBean * Tattoo - TatFroyoSense * Elocity A7 - ElocityMod

denmichelson
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_nlb View Post
i fixed the kernel in my A7CompPlus release, and apps can be installed on sdcard, and i think i updated it in the Cyanogen release as well.
it just took some kernel recompile and different framework, since elocity framework does not support this at all (it is removed from the firmware completely).

so you cannot get the feature unless you try a custom rom.
Dexter, Thank You for your work on A7+. I am enjoying your CM7 rom but can't get apps to load to SD. Tried every combination of settings. Are there any performance disadvantages to modding vold.fstab file ot make the SD card internal? Also please give update on your ICS mod work. I appreciate any suggestions.