Galaxy note car mount

Search This thread

lfaitas

Oct 12, 2006
I use the samsung car mount and its excellent!

Navigon and copilot work 100% with note..

Carhome ultra is a good choice instead of google voice which is a waste of time!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

bman17

Feb 15, 2012
Garnet Valley, PA
I use the samsung car mount and its excellent!

Navigon and copilot work 100% with note..

Carhome ultra is a good choice instead of google voice which is a waste of time!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

So you and knightnz mentioned the carhome ultra. Its works well? You think its better than the Samsung Voice Talk?

(Which IMHO aren't too impressed with)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

DJsCrIBbLe

Feb 22, 2012
Still using the official Samsung Car Mount. As far as the mount itself is concerned, I have had no issues with it and works like a charm.

I like how you can snap the phone into place and then slide the dock port into the phone, makes it very easy.

However, like i said before, if you anycases on your phone anything thicker than a skin cover (ZAGG Mate or Skinomi, etal) it won't fit. You have to take the case off.

For me, the case that I have comes off and back on super easy.

Is it the Samsung dock for i717? I love the slide in USB charger feature. ...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

big samm

Mar 31, 2007
Montreal
You can do anything you want to, being docked doesn't limit functionality.

Install CarHome Ultra - gives you big customisable buttons to press when docked, also displays your current speed and location. It's marvellous!

Voice navigation is a complete waste of time, by the time you get it to understand what you want over the car noise, you're already half way there.

Anyone managed to get Navigon from the SGS2 to work on the Note? That seems to work better than Google Navigation.

I will try it as soon as i get in the car :)
Anyone here using Navigon on their notes? I have it on my ipad and 4s and it works really well... I would like to know if it works well on the note also...

Sent from my iPad 3G

ghatothkach

I purchased Exo mount from Amazon and couldn't be happier.

Link please ? a simple search on amazon does not seem to return a proper result.

Is this the stuff you are talking about

http://www.exogear.com/products-exomount-car-mount-holder.html
hmm.
http://www.amazon.com/GA-21WM-Dashboard-Windshield-Comparable-010-10747-02/dp/B004T4WSM6

Update: I got the $9 GA21-WM, to see what its like, and it has the garmin size ball(for the joint). It is a excellent addon/replacement for a garmin GPS mount which comes with a garmin unit. Mounts very strongly to the dashboard.
The dashboard area where you want to mount needs to be flat (need not be exactly glass-smooth), it wont mount on curved
contours on the dash like near the steering wheel etc...

Now I need to find some "clamp" which will sit on this ball mount. Any info on where I can get garmin-joint compatible stuff... I checked ram-mount, and they dont have a socket-socket adapter.. or anything....

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2011
Any idea how I could get the Exomount shipped to Australia? I tried to buy one on Amazon, but they don't ship it to Oz. Or is there a distributor in Australia?

Dahazman

Mar 2, 2012
Louisville
Samsung Car Mount

Waiting patiently to get my ECS-K1EBEGSTA Black. Many options when it comes for apps (car home ultra, car dashboard....). Amazon review makes it sound like I can use the audio out of the mount to the aux in the car stereo so I don't need to use the earphone plug. Does it sound any different? Is digital out to analog?

Reactions: ghatothkach

Rick76

Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
Tested out the Samsung Car Mount on a 6 hour drive today.

AS expected I had to take my case off, but once off the phone fit like a glove in the mount.

I mounted to the window, and that sucker isn't going anywhere.

Now I put the phone to the test. When you dock it automatically opens to Samsung Voice Talk. From there you can voice command different things.

The Navigation voice command was hit and miss. When I first tried it understood exactly where I wanted to go. Later, I tried again and it took 4 times to figure it out.

Otherwise the Navigation worked almost flawless.

I had Google Music playing, which again, using Voice Talk to get to your songs was hit and miss. Maybe it's just me taking time to getting used to prompts.

Cause using it to type a text message wasn't bad. Just sometimes you cant give a long message to it. Sometimes you had to give 3 to 4 word bursts and then keep adding to it.

And I taxed the Note to. I had the screen constanstly on, GPS on, Navi running, playing Google Music at level 13, and using the Voice Talk.

With the charger plugged it, it was actually losing charge. Very very slowly though. But it couldn't hang.

If I turned off GPS and the navi only, the charge came back.

Not bad, not bad at all. Maybe with practice, it'll become more seemless to me.
Just a quick question re: charging with your OEM car mount. Are you using a USB car charger or coiled cord charger with the cradle?

The reason I ask is that when ordering the OEM mount, it says it does not come with the charger, just cradle. Unlike the OEM car mount for my Galaxy Tab. It came with a USB car charger that plugs into the cradle and I have noticed that I can run all functions including CoPilot Live (screen on all the time), stream music, etc and my Tab still charges while plugged in. I looked at the USB/lighter plug and it shows an output of 1A.

I have another USB/lighter plug that I have tried with my Note but it is only 0.5A and it will not charge while running everything but does maintain the existing charge.

MrNetwork

Jun 15, 2010
You guys should check these 2 mounts: Pleomax and Anymode, both of which are designed and made in Korea for Note and large screen smartphone.

Both can be reused with other phones instead of 1 phone like the official mount.

And you can use both of them with/without case and they are also protective film-friendly so you won't worry the mount would destroy the film.

Links?

PPCApache

Aug 15, 2006
Perth
IMHO
for all my previous and recent smartphones I ever used Proclip holders in my car(s)
The Proclip platform is specific to each car model and the holder(s) are specific to each smartphone. I am using active holders with charging and I am very satisfied with it every time.
No excluding with my newest Samsung Galaxy Note too :)

Totally agree mate, used ProClip for ages, just got one for my HTC Sensation

Completed a review here for Gadgetix: http://gadgetix.com/2012/03/30/revi...th-tilt-swivel-and-cigarette-lighter-adapter/

Here is the ProClip Link for the Samsung Note: http://www.proclipusa.com/default.a...d=&parent_category=4&d_pcat=13451&d_cat=18842

Very stable devices and away from direct sunlight angle is great for the driver.

Cheers

Mystic38

Mar 16, 2012
the proclip looks interesting..

Do these work with any type of case?.. I have an elago G4 slimfit case and really am not interested in taking it off every time i get into a car!..

Totally agree mate, used ProClip for ages, just got one for my HTC Sensation

Completed a review here for Gadgetix: http://gadgetix.com/2012/03/30/revi...th-tilt-swivel-and-cigarette-lighter-adapter/

Here is the ProClip Link for the Samsung Note: http://www.proclipusa.com/default.a...d=&parent_category=4&d_pcat=13451&d_cat=18842

Very stable devices and away from direct sunlight angle is great for the driver.

Cheers

thefusz

Mar 20, 2011
Toronto
I was so close to buying this mount. It looked really slick, but am glad for all your comments in saving me at least double what a mount cost!

Pippuzzo

Jun 7, 2007
Hello you have suggestions for a kit for use with the silicone cover applied over the phone?
thanks

PS- Air vent mount

Last edited:

zen0s

Mar 24, 2012
MD
I think Samsung's car mount is a winner. It is very solid mount and when connected to Samsung's car mount audio output I noticed sound was much clear and louder. If I connect to headphones port sound was little muffled and lower. :(

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts