Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,145 Members 45,558 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How do you make live wallpapers scroll?

Tip us?

Archangel22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default How do you make live wallpapers scroll?

I just got a live wallpaper and Ive seen youtube videos of it where the user would scroll between the pages and the picture in the background would move, however my one just stays in the same background it wont move left or right. Its the same wallpaper how do I get it to move?

Blue6IX
Old
Thanks Meter 1,134

DONATE TO ME
You cannot use features with multiple pages for the background using the Sense launcher (rosie) -

- you have to install an aftermarket launcher.

The way Rosie (Sense launcher) works with the background image is weird, so you also can't use things like Multi picture live wallpaper that I love on my Nook Color, and have set up on the one I gave to my lady with all of her pictures.
Nook Color: MicroSD info: Here and Here.

--> RTFM <-- | XDA Mantra - Spirit of XDA | ... Donations? Read this

CoNsPiRiSiZe
Old
Thanks Meter 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue6IX View Post
that i have set up on the one I gave to my lady with all of her pictures.
So smart! Niiice

Typed by ---- oh wait! I'm schizophrenic!
Did someone reply to your post? Does it matter if they're right? No! They volunteered their time to try to help, it's a community, hit the thanks button for them!

Blue6IX
Old
Thanks Meter 1,134

DONATE TO ME
Yea, she is all about care bears, so I made her a personalized care-bear edition nook color for her birthday.

Custom icons, each home-screen to a different folder for wallpapers, the system font is in the actual care bear font (which I had to make from scratch because the ones available on the internet suck)...custom boot animation, etc..etc... it was a fun project, and got her to stop borrowing my nook color since she has her own.

She also got a taste of what the dev work i'm doing actually turns into, so she's more willing to give me dev time - all in all it was a big success and a lot of fun.

It really hit home when she had a chance to use someone else's nook color recently that was factory stock - lol - she was like "I couldn't do ANYTHING with it".
Nook Color: MicroSD info: Here and Here.

--> RTFM <-- | XDA Mantra - Spirit of XDA | ... Donations? Read this

Dezzy87
Old
Thanks Meter 0
haha nice