Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more
Post Reply

[Q]installing icw(unlocking boothloader prob)E10i

OP devilakos

27th March 2012, 05:47 PM   |  #1  
devilakos's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 46
 
201 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Hello,i would like to ask you about unlocking boothloader and installing nAa kernel.I was gonna to unlock boothloader untill i noticed that some devices has problems(due to construction date).i see in the battery sticker my device is 11w30 but in the upper corner says it is 10y39.
my question is can i unlock my boothloader without hard bricking my device or not??
(rom i was gonna install :Aokp ics beta1[28])
thx for your time


Edit:soz 4 my english
Last edited by devilakos; 1st April 2012 at 07:49 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to devilakos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th March 2012, 12:30 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Mandaluyong City
Thanks Meter: 65
 
304 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
no one seems to report that they have problems related to mfg date.
28th March 2012, 12:50 AM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Flag mexico
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Thumbs up [Q]installing icw(unlocking boothloader prob)E10i
yes no one is reported a bricked device due manufacturing date
y think is ok
29th March 2012, 08:55 PM   |  #4  
devilakos's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 46
 
201 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjml555

yes no one is reported a bricked device due manufacturing date
y think is ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by demoniacs

no one seems to report that they have problems related to mfg date.

if you see at the E10i android development forum at nAa kernel requirments you will see the developer to warn us about this date...

"i will try and see what will happen" edit: what i should do?
Edit2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1481630&page=1

........ it has some reported bricks from costruction date!
Ow i cant risk it......
ok maybe i can but i want a confirmation or sth......








ps: :'( i want to have ics now the Adreno drivers for E10i are released
Last edited by devilakos; 1st April 2012 at 07:21 PM.
4th April 2012, 04:01 PM   |  #5  
devilakos's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 46
 
201 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Unhappy
still waiting 4 an answer!i cant have my phone hard bricked but in the other hand i cant have the minicm 7 2.0.7! plz help!an1
4th April 2012, 07:44 PM   |  #6  
XGr7078's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Durgapur
Thanks Meter: 40
 
293 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilakos

still waiting 4 an answer!i cant have my phone hard bricked but in the other hand i cant have the minicm 7 2.0.7! plz help!an1

I don't what your problem is but mine is 10W47 and I unlocked my bootloader just fine. But 1 thing YOU have to be BRAVE to unlick the bootloader. Though there is no risk at all if you do it correctly by followimg step by step from here and you can unbrick your device just in case if you go wrong somewhere.


Hope I could help You!!!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to XGr7078 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th April 2012, 11:29 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Mandaluyong City
Thanks Meter: 65
 
304 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
no pain, no gain.
5th April 2012, 07:45 PM   |  #8  
devilakos's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 46
 
201 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by XGr7078

I don't what your problem is but mine is 10W47 and I unlocked my bootloader just fine. But 1 thing YOU have to be BRAVE to unlick the bootloader. Though there is no risk at all if you do it correctly by followimg step by step from here and you can unbrick your device just in case if you go wrong somewhere.


Hope I could help You!!!!!!!!

your date is in 2010 so ur is safe but thx for the url for unlocking boothloader because it has a link to check if it is safe2 unlock my phone!!!!!!
(this kind of brick is hard brick it wont even flash the light so i would have 2 send it 2 se if i damage it!) THX!!
6th April 2012, 12:58 PM   |  #9  
XGr7078's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Durgapur
Thanks Meter: 40
 
293 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilakos

your date is in 2010 so ur is safe but thx for the url for unlocking boothloader because it has a link to check if it is safe2 unlock my phone!!!!!!
(this kind of brick is hard brick it wont even flash the light so i would have 2 send it 2 se if i damage it!) THX!!

If want you can retrieve your phone by yourself only. I have read the post and fixed my phone of my own two to three times. And for thanking, you can always press the thanks button........

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes