Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,721 Members 51,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

xoom car mount

Tip us?

runhopskipjump
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athenon87 View Post
I keep meaning to get this one. I like it because it's got clips on the sides and the bottom. It has really good ratings and is really cheap, so it seems like it would be a good one. I don't own it, though, so I don't honestly know.

http://www.amazon.com/MENB-ME-04-Win...2255942&sr=8-1
I just ordered myself one of these the other day. It was half the price of the ram mount and review of the ram mount were stating how the arm was a little to short. Anybody has any updated opinions or tips on using the MENB-ME-04-Windshield?

I already know that I would never leave this thing on the windshield with my xoom if i get out of the car.
Thunderbolt Rooted on Liquid Smooth Roms 3.2
References:
Instructions: How to flash boot.img via fastboot For Mac

llama-power
Old
Thanks Meter 61
I've been using this for a ciuple of weeks now. It is a vent-mounted holder and, as my vents are a little bit to the loose side, I was a little afraid the whole thing wouldn't provide a solid mount for the rather heavy xoom... However, it sits in the car, not as stiff as a rock, but close enough:) Also, all it blocks are my vents, nothing else:)

If you guys want, I can post some pictures:)

muzik3k
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
I got this after some research... i've got the same problem... do not want anything to block my view as i'm sitting very low in a full bucket seat. I've ordered, but haven't reach me yet hopefully within the next few days...
I also bought this mount and I love it. Work extremely well. I've tried a few other ones and this one is by far the best.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5N75I35K93m93Lf3N7c3q48814a90960f1146.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	981483  

jm9843
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I've been using a Ram Mount (product #RAM-HOL-MOTO3U) in my car since last Christmas and absolutely love it. It's mounted to a AMPs mounting plate that extends a couple of inches out from the console. I had the plate installed years ago for satellite radio use (no longer needed!). To accomplish the mounting I also utilized one of Ram Mount's arm-style ball mounts (product #RAM-B-101U).

This solution isn't the cheapest, but I think it's the best. It can be positioned in just about any fashion with the double socketed arm, stays off the windshield/out of your line of sight, and is immediately accessible right above the gear shift.

I can post some pics later if anyone is interested.