Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 41,411 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Photo func in Video recording o.o,

Tip us?

M4zinkaiser
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Photo func in Video recording o.o,

Just wondering, it is wrapped in new "Camera.apk" ? I see right now a vid on YT of a one s who captured (and post, so it's real deal) a photo while recording, this function is pretty amazing... i hope it's a rippable feature to implement in other device xD
The Following User Says Thank You to M4zinkaiser For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Leviathan2k
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Didn't HTC advertise this as a hardware feature of the image processing chip that's built into the One series? That would make it impossible to port to devices not having the chip.
HTC One S (black)
Old: HTC Desire, BravoCM b0.3.6_1

TramainM
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan2k View Post
Didn't HTC advertise this as a hardware feature of the image processing chip that's built into the One series? That would make it impossible to port to devices not having the chip.
Yep, it also has sensors that none other has. So no it will not work on other phones. The chip is ImageSense

mdeejay
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 11642

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan2k View Post
one s dont have any image chips. its just marketing lol
its software feature
Follow me -> http://twitter.com/#!/mdeejay_ru
HTC One / ZTE Grand S / Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to mdeejay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]