Looking for preorders / donations

OP NtGam1ng

1st April 2012, 02:09 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
genius
This is fantastic! I've been searching for a good case too, this sounds perfect, give the Transformer a run for its money. I'd buy one, let me know.
4th April 2012, 07:52 PM   |  #12  
Recognized Developer
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 541

867 posts
Donate to Me
More
The dock connector doesn't have the required pins for USB, or really anything other than charging.
5th April 2012, 10:05 PM   |  #13  
Flag Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Thanks Meter: 316

2,811 posts
Donate to Me
More
any prototypes up? the idea of the keyboard dock extra battery and usb mouse sounds like bliss
5th April 2012, 10:22 PM   |  #14  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,318

1,368 posts
Donate to Me
It could be some sort of variation of the keyboard that Acer already made for this tablet. Perhaps modifying it so that you can put the dock in to charge and have the input device (in this case the keyboard) connect via bluetooth. Having the touchpad for a mouse is a different story though.
6th April 2012, 02:05 AM   |  #15  

2,811 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardslog

It could be some sort of variation of the keyboard that Acer already made for this tablet. Perhaps modifying it so that you can put the dock in to charge and have the input device (in this case the keyboard) connect via bluetooth. Having the touchpad for a mouse is a different story though.

I'd rather use USB for a mouse using a touch pad would not be so good with onlive

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk
7th April 2012, 01:28 AM   |  #16  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 511

2,382 posts
Donate to Me
More
Be cautions with Trial and error on a mobile device . there electronics will not be forgiving any type of over voltage or short circuits . And you could very well be shopping for a new ICONIA .
To me a dock for a hand held tablet is counter productive . PEOPLE BUY A NETBOOK.its faster more power more storage more battery . LESS MONEY.

Ok the above is my opinion only I have a 11.6 inch hp notebook with the new multi core amd fusion cpu i get unbelievable battery life. Near that of my iconia .
with a full keyboard and track pad 1.2 tb hard drive

So good luck . by the way if you get the connectors and hardware worked out make the case out of lexon or carbon fiber both easy to work with and mold to any shape . acrylic works well also..

GOOD LUCK INSURE your iconia and home up front Erica Renee
11th April 2012, 04:53 PM   |  #17  

2,811 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erica_renee

Be cautions with Trial and error on a mobile device . there electronics will not be forgiving any type of over voltage or short circuits . And you could very well be shopping for a new ICONIA .
To me a dock for a hand held tablet is counter productive . PEOPLE BUY A NETBOOK.its faster more power more storage more battery . LESS MONEY.

Ok the above is my opinion only I have a 11.6 inch hp notebook with the new multi core amd fusion cpu i get unbelievable battery life. Near that of my iconia .
with a full keyboard and track pad 1.2 tb hard drive

So good luck . by the way if you get the connectors and hardware worked out make the case out of lexon or carbon fiber both easy to work with and mold to any shape . acrylic works well also..

GOOD LUCK INSURE your iconia and home up front Erica Renee

I really don't want a net book if Acer doesn't add something like this with their tablets I'm just going to smh

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
13th April 2012, 05:53 AM   |  #18  
Recognized Developer
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 541

867 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardslog

Acer has not made a keyboard that uses the dock for this tablet. You may be thinking of the W500 keyboard, or of a USB keyboard.

To be honest, I don't see this going anywhere. OP, I'd suggest you find out how to get USB or Keyboard off of that connector before asking for preorders.

To anyone else, I'd suggest you just keep looking. Not to be rude or mean to him, but the OP seems to be rather noobish, and I think your money would most likely be better spent elsewhere, or at least held onto until there's some sort of result or breakthrough.

Also, the OP only having 9 posts throws up a red flag to me.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread