Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,225 Members 53,766 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

will incredible s digitizer fit on inc 2?

Tip us?

cmdub
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default will incredible s digitizer fit on inc 2?

Long story short, power is out at my house from hurricane and i cracked my phone screen while trying to charge it with an extension cord and when i ordered a new digitizer off ebay i didnt realize it was for an inc S and not an inc 2(which i have) and was wondering if this would still fit my phone

edoubledizzle
Old
Thanks Meter 1
did you beat it with the end of the extension cord? LOL. it will fit, im not sure if it will work or not. not sure if the gsm and cdma versions used same components.

Dr. Hax
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Did it work?
Current phones: Google Nexus 4 (16GB) and Samsung Galaxy Note II (T-Mobile)
Retired phones: DROID RAZR M. Galaxy Nexus (borked and sold)HTC Thunderbolt. HTC Rezound ("rented") Droid Incredible (gave to girlfriend) and Droid X (sold!)
Computer setup: AMD Phenom II X4 820 OC'd to 3.2GHz with 4GB DDR3 and an Nvidia GeForce GTX470

Earphones: Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10's

This statement is false.
New mission: abort mission.
Does a set of all sets contain itself?

cmdub
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
It fit but i did a ****ty job of installing it and the phone died a few months later and i ended up getting a galaxy nexus which is amazing

Dr. Hax
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I know right!!(: I'm about to buy a DInc2 (some dude is offering me one for just $120) there's no krakken on it but I despise carriers defacing a device, they don't make phones!! And I want to try to bring it to straight talk
Current phones: Google Nexus 4 (16GB) and Samsung Galaxy Note II (T-Mobile)
Retired phones: DROID RAZR M. Galaxy Nexus (borked and sold)HTC Thunderbolt. HTC Rezound ("rented") Droid Incredible (gave to girlfriend) and Droid X (sold!)
Computer setup: AMD Phenom II X4 820 OC'd to 3.2GHz with 4GB DDR3 and an Nvidia GeForce GTX470

Earphones: Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10's

This statement is false.
New mission: abort mission.
Does a set of all sets contain itself?

mihneagabriel
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Hax View Post
I know right!!(: I'm about to buy a DInc2 (some dude is offering me one for just $120) there's no krakken on it but I despise carriers defacing a device, they don't make phones!! And I want to try to bring it to straight talk
So let me get this straight; you want to replace a perfectly good digitizer because it says "Verizon" on it?

Sent from my Incredible 2 running Zeus 1.3

Ihatepullups
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I would do that if I was reasonably confident enough that I could install the new digitizer successfully. I resent that carriers brand their logo on a phone I bought, paid for, and own.

I bought this phone. I resent the subliminal advertising on it every time I look at the screen while on my phone. I already see enough advertising in my day: to add it to my personal effects is an insult.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Ihatepullups For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mihneagabriel
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatepullups View Post
I would do that if I was reasonably confident enough that I could install the new digitizer successfully. I resent that carriers brand their logo on a phone I bought, paid for, and own.

I bought this phone. I resent the subliminal advertising on it every time I look at the screen while on my phone. I already see enough advertising in my day: to add it to my personal effects is an insult.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium
have you also taken off the badges off your car? TV? Htc logo off the battery cover? I can name a million more things. Assuming you got the 2 year price, verizons logo is there for a reason.

If you want a phone that is unbranded, start your own provider company, make a contract with a phone maker and mandate that no badges be present on the phones. Problem solved

Sent from my Incredible 2 running Zeus 1.3