How is your mt3gs holding up?

OP Marshmallovv

22nd March 2012, 10:46 PM   |  #21  
London
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
I've had mine 1 year and 3 months now. I love it and it still works great. I flash it every few months or so. Messed up a flash once and couldn't boot into recovery due to broken volume buttton, but ordered a new ribbon from China for about a tenner. I agree with other posters about how new phones seem to be built for people with huge hands. I still prefer the physical keyboard. Wonder if T-mobile will come out with a mytouch 5 slide.
23rd March 2012, 12:33 AM   |  #22  
Flag Newark
Thanks Meter: 208

452 posts
More
Mine
My mytouch 3g slide has been through the woodwork. It's been roughed up so much, but it truly proved it's durability. Heck, the screen's broken but somehow the touchscreen still works. Perfectly.
24th March 2012, 10:47 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Just paint chipping on the battery cover and the silver part to the camera came off. Everything is working fine though

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA Premium App
24th March 2012, 10:49 PM   |  #24  
Flag Newark
Thanks Meter: 208

452 posts
More
I'll be upgrading to the myTouch 4G Slide soon, but that's not until may.
26th March 2012, 09:04 PM   |  #25  
Anaheim, CA
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Almost 2 Years
My wife and I both got one of these back in May 2010. For the most part we've both liked what we have. The wife loves the keyboard.

Space was an issue until I rooted them. Seem fine now.

My only complaint is that some apps run slow. Not loading, but running. Not a huge deal I suppose but it happens often enough that I'm about ready to get a tablet with a huge processor to run those apps.

The wife's phone recently swapped red for blue. Can't figure out exactly why this happened. It was around a month after I installed CM7 on it and I don't exactly think that it's software. If I can fix it I think she would love to just keep it but if I can't may have to get a new phone.
26th March 2012, 09:27 PM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 29

212 posts
I recently upgraded to the 4G slide, but still miss this phone some times. IMO it feels better in the hand and has a nice clickity clack keyboard. This phone is deceptively powerful, too!
7th April 2012, 01:03 AM   |  #27  
Pomona, CA
Thanks Meter: 1

4 posts
More
My wife and I have had ours for 20 months.

It has survived well, was running CM7 but trying Espresso Sense (SS21)v2 for now. She's itching for a new phone, though.
7th April 2012, 10:20 AM   |  #28  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,464

9,184 posts
Donate to Me
More
It Takes a Lickin' & Keeps on Tickin'!
I have loved my 'Little Engine that Could' since I got it a week or two after its release. I think the thing I am most impressed with is its durability. I have dropped this thing countless times....check SIM, reinsert battery, reattach back plate...good to go! I can't even begin to count the scratches, gashes and chipped paint all over the back and edges. But surprisingly, the touchscreen is as good as day one! Not one scratch or blemish and functions perfectly, and I haven't even had a screen protector on it in quite some time. Most Impressive!
On the down side though, I have been running into a few issues recently. (Yes it may have something to do with my clumsiness with the thing) The drops may finally be taking their toll. Orrrr, it could be something else. The battery is definitely starting to go, gonna re-calibrate it to see if that helps though. The main issues (I suspect) are related to the internal memory beginning to fail. Though in spite of the little hiccups I am experiencing, it still manages to perform everything I ask of it. All in all, for my first Android, I have been quite pleased and would buy it again in a heartbeat!
10th April 2012, 06:08 AM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 89

229 posts
I purchased my slide on release date. Though I wish I had bought the Vibrant it’s been a very sturdy phone. With the development we have on this board it’s kept the phone going and luckily it hasn’t given me any hardware problems what so ever *Knock on wood* other than the issue that some of the first run phones had where the screen was out of place and the light leak.
Last edited by WhoWhere; 11th April 2012 at 01:02 AM.
10th April 2012, 06:44 PM   |  #30  
Flag GR, MI
Thanks Meter: 22

263 posts
More
I just got a Vibrant for my wife and while the thing is super speedy I feel our CM7 is more stable, less buggy. They have some major GPS issues over there as well as some issues with tunnel voice sound during calls.

Very happy with where our device ended up.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread