Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,442 Members 41,437 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Jhinta Kernel for Lilstevie Ubuntu

Tip us?

MrMuffin24
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This is the result I get directly after flashing the kernel Jhinta posted. Would you like me to upload a video showing the kernel being flashed and then uname being run?

lilstevie
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,029

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMuffin24 View Post
This is the result I get directly after flashing the kernel Jhinta posted. Would you like me to upload a video showing the kernel being flashed and then uname being run?
doesn't change the fact that the running kernel is my kernel, that I am 100% sure of with that uname -a pic

jozka.1
Old
Thanks Meter 91
MrMuffin24: do you have SBKv2 and do you try org. kernel by jhinta? This can't work.

Initrd must be modified for loop mount and kernelblob by jhinta is greater than partition - you see flash blob (blue line), but it has no effect.

It's right?
Sorry for my english
The Following User Says Thank You to jozka.1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MrMuffin24
Old
(Last edited by MrMuffin24; 6th April 2012 at 10:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Yes! It's sbkv2 but not a loop mount, I just dd the rootfs using the method shaola posted. So this can't be done on my TF, sorry for the trouble.

Jhinta
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 255

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jozka.1 View Post
MrMuffin24: do you have SBKv2 and do you try org. kernel by jhinta? This can't work.

Initrd must be modified for loop mount and kernelblob by jhinta is greater than partition - you see flash blob (blue line), but it has no effect.

It's right?
ahhhhhhhhh
The Following User Says Thank You to Jhinta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jozka.1
Old
Thanks Meter 91
I've tried compile kernel and boot, but no success.

Which initrd do you use in your kernelblob, jhinta?

I'm begginer with linux kernel, so sorry.
Sorry for my english

schwigi
Old
(Last edited by schwigi; 7th April 2012 at 12:46 AM.) Reason: A faw additions
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,

great work Jhinta, installed your Kernel and works like a charm.

Found a few things that are still missing.
I had a few Problems with the touchpad, but was able to fix it with the ubuntu 12.04 mtrack driver. Had to add an InputClass to the xorg.conf though
Code:
Section "InputClass"
  Identifier "Touchpads"
  Driver "mtrack"
  MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event4"
EndSection
I replaced the fb.c with the one from the latest Nvidia Kernel. As far as I can tell GLES ist working. Nice thing is ubuntu 12.04 has an nvidia-tegra package.

Wifi works with Networkmanager.

Sound is not working for me with the new Kernel. I'm not sure wether it's the new Kernel Driver or the Ubuntu update. Sound with aplay is still working using lilstevie's Kernel. But pulseaudio makes some pthread_mutex_unlock(...) assertion. So I guess it's both the Ubuntu update and kernel driver.

Ke1evraTi
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I just tried installing the kernel and have run into some issues. I installed l4t r12beta harmony drivers, copied over the modules, and flashed the 3d kernel. When ubuntu begins to load all I see on the screen is tux. The screen then briefly (>1sec) turns off and then turns back on, completely black. I have no command prompt and no ui.

I have a feeling this is due to installing the wrong l4t drivers but am not sure. Any ideas?

schwigi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,

The X-Server is not starting. I can think of 2 things you can check.

there should be a section in the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Code:
Section "Device"
  Identifier "Tegra"
  Driver "Tegra"
EndSection
the other thing is a bit more complicated. Flash the old Kernel, install openssh-server, try to connect to your pad with ssh, flash the new kernel an try to connect after the screen flickered.

You will propably find what's wrong in /var/log/Xorg.0.log. My guess is the Nvidia script detected the wrong X abi and installed to wrong version. If thats the case you can try to install an the remote console again or you have to copy the correct tegra_drv.so manually.

Ke1evraTi
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwigi View Post
Hi,

The X-Server is not starting. I can think of 2 things you can check.

there should be a section in the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Code:
Section "Device"
  Identifier "Tegra"
  Driver "Tegra"
EndSection
the other thing is a bit more complicated. Flash the old Kernel, install openssh-server, try to connect to your pad with ssh, flash the new kernel an try to connect after the screen flickered.

You will propably find what's wrong in /var/log/Xorg.0.log. My guess is the Nvidia script detected the wrong X abi and installed to wrong version. If thats the case you can try to install an the remote console again or you have to copy the correct tegra_drv.so manually.
Thanks, it was a l4t driver issue. I put the original kernel back on, reinstalled the l4t drivers again, and then flashed the 3d kernel. It now works.