Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,856 Members 46,339 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bluetooth stopped working after 2 weeks of ownership

Tip us?
 
Jamolah
Old
#1  
Jamolah's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Posts: 660
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default Bluetooth stopped working after 2 weeks of ownership

My Bluetooth won't connect to my car anymore?
Actually it won't even turn on anymore. Not too impressed.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using XDA
Motorola MotoX - 2nd one (yes I love this phone so much I got another one)

Previous phones
Motorola MotoX -Dropped and cracked screen - 1st one
Samsung Galaxy S3 -Rolled over and broke the screen
Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE -Sold, too slow
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 -Sold
Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE -Screen smashed started peeling off
SE Xperia X10 -Battery would drain and not charge
HTC Diamond -Started to die on me and battery would barely hold a charge
HTC Touch -Screen broke
nrm5110 Old
#2  
Guest
Thanks Meter
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamolah View Post
My Bluetooth won't connect to my car anymore?
Actually it won't even turn on anymore. Not too impressed.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using XDA
Are you asking for help

or whining

If one move this to q&a

If two please delete this thread

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
 
shaggyskunk
Old
#3  
shaggyskunk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 4794
Posts: 7,059
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: IDK
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrm5110 View Post
Are you asking for help

or whining

If one move this to q&a

If two please delete this thread

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
:thumbup:



Sent From my Two Tin Cans & String Device on The Wookie Network
 
Jamolah
Old
#4  
Jamolah's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Posts: 660
Join Date: Jan 2008
Yes I am asking for help. Lol

So after a couple of reboots the phone connects to the car. But when I try to send my contacts to the car it won't connect to the car. Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my SGH-I727R using XDA
Motorola MotoX - 2nd one (yes I love this phone so much I got another one)

Previous phones
Motorola MotoX -Dropped and cracked screen - 1st one
Samsung Galaxy S3 -Rolled over and broke the screen
Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE -Sold, too slow
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 -Sold
Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE -Screen smashed started peeling off
SE Xperia X10 -Battery would drain and not charge
HTC Diamond -Started to die on me and battery would barely hold a charge
HTC Touch -Screen broke
 
fongz27
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 29
Posts: 232
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamolah View Post
Yes I am asking for help. Lol

So after a couple of reboots the phone connects to the car. But when I try to send my contacts to the car it won't connect to the car. Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my SGH-I727R using XDA
Can we get more help from you first?

Stock ROM? or modded? If so, which one?

Gingerbread or ICS 4.0 leak?

What kind of kernel?
 
skrambled
Old
#6  
skrambled's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 384
Posts: 864
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Hampshire
When you connected your bluetooth for the first time, did you pull down the dialogue from the status bar asking to give your car permission to access your address book? If you didn't that could be the problem.

I've found that usually when I have a bluetooth connection problem, it usually helps to delete the phone from my car's memory, and then re-pair it and give it permission to access my address book...

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fongz27 View Post
Can we get more help from you first?

Stock ROM? or modded? If so, which one?

Gingerbread or ICS 4.0 leak?

What kind of kernel?
It's in the OP's signature block, assuming it's up-to-date...
 
bp787
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 120
Join Date: Jan 2009
the BT in this phone (2.3.5) is terrible. a single reboot "SHOULD" work.

I ended up having to leave BT on all the time. Now, it works consistently in both my cars without fail. That said, it still sucks that I can't turn it on/off as I wish.

I've been trying to determine if ICS has this same problem, but haven't had time to flash it yet to see.
 
Firedcylinder
Old
#8  
Firedcylinder's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 164
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp787 View Post
the BT in this phone (2.3.5) is terrible. a single reboot "SHOULD" work.

I ended up having to leave BT on all the time. Now, it works consistently in both my cars without fail. That said, it still sucks that I can't turn it on/off as I wish.

I've been trying to determine if ICS has this same problem, but haven't had time to flash it yet to see.
I can say with certainty that the bluetooth on ics is vastly improved over 2.3.5. I can now actually turn it off and on without having to reboot anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to Firedcylinder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Jamolah
Old
#9  
Jamolah's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 54
Posts: 660
Join Date: Jan 2008
Yes I'm on stock rom, GB.

after a few reboots it worked.
The Bluetooth on this phone is crap. That's the only good thing my old x10 was better at than this phone. I hope ICS improves this.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using XDA
Motorola MotoX - 2nd one (yes I love this phone so much I got another one)

Previous phones
Motorola MotoX -Dropped and cracked screen - 1st one
Samsung Galaxy S3 -Rolled over and broke the screen
Samsung Galaxy S2 HD LTE -Sold, too slow
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 -Sold
Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE -Screen smashed started peeling off
SE Xperia X10 -Battery would drain and not charge
HTC Diamond -Started to die on me and battery would barely hold a charge
HTC Touch -Screen broke
 
bp787
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 120
Join Date: Jan 2009
That is enough for me to flash then!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Change the Alarm Icon in the Status Bar with Xposed

It’s hard to find a more hated object than your alarm clock. They wake us up nearly … more

Return to Outer Space Outer Space with Ship Up Game

Since the release of Flappy Birds, we’ve had the “fortune” to see … more

Device Review: OnePlus One

Seemingly every day, there are a bunch of new devices being released. Some are budget devices and some are … more

Browse the Internet with the Innovative Atlas Web Browser

For the most part, Chrome, Firefox, and Dolphin Browser have no real rivals among … more