Search This thread

Bronyr

Jan 6, 2010
DroidDen
I don't use screen protectors, even though I used to. Amaze screen is very good, doesn't leave much fingerprints, easily cleaned. Plus it's a Gorilla :)

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

Xcor3

Aug 14, 2010
Erhhhhh. Wrong, its not gorilla glass and wait for it. Lol

Reactions: mznatnat

seansk

Feb 15, 2010
Los Angeles

erhhh wrong again...it has not officially been anounced if it is gorilla or not...not all phones with gorilla glass are announced to be gorilla according to cornings website under QandA. Having said that...I scratched my screen being extremely carefull...don't know how. my GF also scratched her sensation screen knowing for sure it is gorilla. gorilla is tougher than normal glass but its in no way scratch proof. I use boxwave screen protector...it's reusable and its very smooth feels like the glass...I hated it at first now I love it...better than any other I have used. It's a special material that is reusable and completely invisible.

Reactions: mznatnat

whizabz

Apr 29, 2011
Hartford
OnePlus 7T
SGP Screen Protector Steinheil Ultra Series [Ultra Fine]

Check this one out - it is a tad bit on the costlier side, but its worth-it. Since it is Anti-glare the phone screens looks amazing (it gives it sort of a Pastel Art kinda look), easily legible in sunlight as well; and on top of that since it is Anti-fingerprint, the screen simply looks perfect.
Link: SGP HTC AMAZE 4G Screen Protector Steinheil Ultra Series [Ultra Fine]

Use it with this Diztronic TPU Case - a perfect combo :D
Link: Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case

This is a video review of both these things, some guy did:
Youtube: HTC Amaze 4G TPU Cases Diztronic Matte TPU Case & SGP Screen Protector Steinheil Ultra Fine

nxttruck2002

Apr 15, 2012
I have Zagg invisishield on my Nexus one for a long time and it turned yellow, started to peel and wrinkle. I had to find a better screen protector for my amaze!!

The best one I think is the Realook by far. They send you two and very east to install.

icepixie

Jul 16, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Bumping this thread back up.

Question for everybody with screen protectors - Does your screen protector fit the screen perfectly with no gaps?

I don't know if having a perfectly fitting screen protector without even a millimetre gap is a reasonable request. I prefer the invisible shield type of screen protector where you have to apply it wet and it has a slighty tackier feeling.

I purchased a screen protector from Skinomi and found there was about a 2mm gap between the protector and the edge. I had a similar experience w/ Skinomi for my HTC Evo 3D where it doesn't fit perfectly, there are some gaps.

Which now leads me to the above question and I'm wondering if m expectations are too high or I should probably try other companies

TIA. :laugh:

yespinosa

Jun 26, 2010
I just got the Ghost Armor on my Amaze 2 days ago and I love it makes the phone feel like the one s and the screen protector is very high quality.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

Lunaillij

Mar 20, 2009
Denton, MD
Bumping this thread back up.

Question for everybody with screen protectors - Does your screen protector fit the screen perfectly with no gaps?

I don't know if having a perfectly fitting screen protector without even a millimetre gap is a reasonable request. I prefer the invisible shield type of screen protector where you have to apply it wet and it has a slighty tackier feeling.

I purchased a screen protector from Skinomi and found there was about a 2mm gap between the protector and the edge. I had a similar experience w/ Skinomi for my HTC Evo 3D where it doesn't fit perfectly, there are some gaps.

Which now leads me to the above question and I'm wondering if m expectations are too high or I should probably try other companies

TIA. :laugh:

I use skins from bestskinsever.com

They are inexpensive and they fully fit the screen and back cover. The quality is great too.

http://www.bestskinsever.com/htc-amaze-4g-skin

$sudo make me a sandwich

Reactions: icepixie

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would love to know what kind of screen protectors you go with? What do you like? What you don't like?? What brand do you go with???

The screen protector I chose for my HTC Amaze is the Zagg Invisible Shield Full Body Protection.....

Which looks like this....

zagg-amaze-4g-invisibleshield-dry-main-view.png

$(KGrHqV,!nsE8VF,VM4sBPGGtbOVow~~60_3.JPG

You can get it here if you like it:

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/htc-ruby-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

I just those anti-glare/fingerprint screen protectors from eBay. They're cheap and make the touch input very smooth.
    My technique

Just a very quick question, what is the best way to apply a screen protector so there is no bubbles?

Clean the nude screen with a microfiber cloth first. Then apply the screen protector from one side (or top or bottom), smoothing out bubbles as you lay it down. If you get a little bit of lint on the underside (almost always happens to me), I found that using a reverse rolled-up "mitten" of Scotch magic transparent tape, or (better) blue painter's masking tape (your local hardware store will have it), gently patting the underside will pick up the lint spots.

Depending upon the screen protector, smoothing out bubbles once it's on seems to work if you take a cooking spatula (silicone or rubber) and use the flat edge to smooth them out. I have a silicone-edged pot scraper, but that's a bit too firm. Ideally, find one like a KitchenAid with removable blade part so you can handle it easily without the handle getting in the way.

erhhh wrong again...it has not officially been anounced if it is gorilla or not...not all phones with gorilla glass are announced to be gorilla according to cornings website under QandA. Having said that...I scratched my screen being extremely carefull...don't know how. my GF also scratched her sensation screen knowing for sure it is gorilla. gorilla is tougher than normal glass but its in no way scratch proof. I use boxwave screen protector...it's reusable and its very smooth feels like the glass...I hated it at first now I love it...better than any other I have used. It's a special material that is reusable and completely invisible.