APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

How to install clockworkmod recovery

OP Faizt20

10th March 2012, 03:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
I followed the guide over at cyanogenmod for installing ICS. I had all of the files in the cminstall folder, moboot, recovery etc. I successfully installed CM9 but the recovery did not install. Rest of the files are no longer present in the cminstall folder, must have been deleted? But the recovery file is still there. So how do I install recovery so I can flash the gapps and so forth.

Thanks
10th March 2012, 06:53 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

5 posts
This happened to me a couple days ago, what i did was the following:
1. place update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip in the cminstall folder in your touchpad. get another copy of the zip for the next step
2. Your going to run CWM through novacom, so unzip the update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip file wherever your novacom file is.
3. boot the Webos recovery
4.connect to pc, and run "novacom boot mem:// < uImage.ClockworkMod" (remove "") this should take you to CWM
5. goto install from zip, go to the cminstall folder and install the update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip . Reboot.

6. It should be there now... well it was for me
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to blaze2g1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2012, 02:08 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
Thanks a lot, everything worked out perfectly
7th April 2012, 06:05 PM   |  #4  
Flag Brighton
Thanks Meter: 449

1,291 posts
More
I had the same problem after following the guide on webOS Nation . I finally figured out what i did wrong and here is what i posted on there site.

The download link for ClockworkMod Recovery at CyanogenMod is WRONG use the mirror as you need update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip NOT recovery-clockwork-tenderloin-1012.zip if you use the wrong one as I did recovery will not be installed and you will probably spend hours or days as i did trying to figure why recovery is not in you boot menu . That said and done i LOVE the Android option and your easy install guide.

I hope this will help your members who may have had the same problem .

Many Thanks to the starter of this thread who helped me get my brain into gear.

Great Forum
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sstar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2012, 08:59 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1,534

5,141 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstar

I had the same problem after following the guide on webOS Nation . I finally figured out what i did wrong and here is what i posted on there site.

The download link for ClockworkMod Recovery at CyanogenMod is WRONG use the mirror as you need update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip NOT recovery-clockwork-tenderloin-1012.zip if you use the wrong one as I did recovery will not be installed and you will probably spend hours or days as i did trying to figure why recovery is not in you boot menu . That said and done i LOVE the Android option and your easy install guide.

I hope this will help your members who may have had the same problem .

Many Thanks to the starter of this thread who helped me get my brain into gear.

Great Forum

I second this. I had this happen to me. Just get the right zip file and replace the old one on your computer then run ACMEinstaller again the same way you did the first time. The ClockworkMod zip should be the only file in that folder this time though.
16th July 2012, 03:54 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 4

92 posts
Prompt CWM still not installing?
i have tried the correct file, and used acmeinstaller. I current have TWRP, but it is not flashing nightlies.. how do i install CWMRecovery now? any ideas?
16th July 2012, 08:53 AM   |  #7  
Flag las vegas
Thanks Meter: 48

258 posts
More
https://www.box.com/shared/479acdb6ef9c99fc7b92
17th August 2012, 07:46 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 1

32 posts
Thumbs up You guys ROCK!!!
After following, re-following, re-following, etc 8-10 different tutorials with virtually the same exact instructions, I finally found a thread that hit the nail on the head.... I successfully installed Alpha 2, and was able to access moboot to switch back and forth with WebOS, but despite my efforts, I simply couldn't get CWM Recovery or CM9 nightly installed.... Thank you sooooooooo much for helping me FINALLY get CWM Recovery 5.0.2.6 and 20120816 nightly successfully installed on my Touchpad!!!
19th August 2012, 05:55 PM   |  #9  
Flag Toronto, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 30

212 posts
More
NEVERMIND -- Fixed it.

Follow the instructions in here exactly and you won't have any issues. Make sure you're using the correct CWM zip file. (i.e. the one that starts with "update", download it here).

Also, make sure you have the updated, correct novacom file in Palm, Inc. See this helpful description and download link.

Also, as others have said, you can simply place ACMEInstaller2 in your Palm, Inc directory, and flash like you would normally by typing novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller2
Last edited by kamandor; 19th August 2012 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Clarified instructions and included CWM download URL.
30th August 2014, 09:49 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 3

17 posts
Spot on. Thanks.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread