Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,262 Members 44,196 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to install clockworkmod recovery

Tip us?

Faizt20
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default How to install clockworkmod recovery

I followed the guide over at cyanogenmod for installing ICS. I had all of the files in the cminstall folder, moboot, recovery etc. I successfully installed CM9 but the recovery did not install. Rest of the files are no longer present in the cminstall folder, must have been deleted? But the recovery file is still there. So how do I install recovery so I can flash the gapps and so forth.

Thanks

blaze2g1
Old
Thanks Meter 5
This happened to me a couple days ago, what i did was the following:
1. place update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip in the cminstall folder in your touchpad. get another copy of the zip for the next step
2. Your going to run CWM through novacom, so unzip the update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip file wherever your novacom file is.
3. boot the Webos recovery
4.connect to pc, and run "novacom boot mem:// < uImage.ClockworkMod" (remove "") this should take you to CWM
5. goto install from zip, go to the cminstall folder and install the update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip . Reboot.

6. It should be there now... well it was for me
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blaze2g1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Faizt20
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks a lot, everything worked out perfectly

sstar
Old
Thanks Meter 430
I had the same problem after following the guide on webOS Nation . I finally figured out what i did wrong and here is what i posted on there site.

The download link for ClockworkMod Recovery at CyanogenMod is WRONG use the mirror as you need update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip NOT recovery-clockwork-tenderloin-1012.zip if you use the wrong one as I did recovery will not be installed and you will probably spend hours or days as i did trying to figure why recovery is not in you boot menu . That said and done i LOVE the Android option and your easy install guide.

I hope this will help your members who may have had the same problem .

Many Thanks to the starter of this thread who helped me get my brain into gear.

Great Forum
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sstar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jsgraphicart
Old
Thanks Meter 1377
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstar View Post
I had the same problem after following the guide on webOS Nation . I finally figured out what i did wrong and here is what i posted on there site.

The download link for ClockworkMod Recovery at CyanogenMod is WRONG use the mirror as you need update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip NOT recovery-clockwork-tenderloin-1012.zip if you use the wrong one as I did recovery will not be installed and you will probably spend hours or days as i did trying to figure why recovery is not in you boot menu . That said and done i LOVE the Android option and your easy install guide.

I hope this will help your members who may have had the same problem .

Many Thanks to the starter of this thread who helped me get my brain into gear.

Great Forum
I second this. I had this happen to me. Just get the right zip file and replace the old one on your computer then run ACMEinstaller again the same way you did the first time. The ClockworkMod zip should be the only file in that folder this time though.

eddytheyeti2
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Prompt CWM still not installing?

i have tried the correct file, and used acmeinstaller. I current have TWRP, but it is not flashing nightlies.. how do i install CWMRecovery now? any ideas?

haxin
Old
Thanks Meter 48
https://www.box.com/shared/479acdb6ef9c99fc7b92
I'm pretty fly for a wifi
BREAK ME OFF A PIECE OF THAT KITKAT.TAR
irc.420excess.com #420

kevinbakon08
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up You guys ROCK!!!

After following, re-following, re-following, etc 8-10 different tutorials with virtually the same exact instructions, I finally found a thread that hit the nail on the head.... I successfully installed Alpha 2, and was able to access moboot to switch back and forth with WebOS, but despite my efforts, I simply couldn't get CWM Recovery or CM9 nightly installed.... Thank you sooooooooo much for helping me FINALLY get CWM Recovery 5.0.2.6 and 20120816 nightly successfully installed on my Touchpad!!!

kamandor
Old
(Last edited by kamandor; 19th August 2012 at 05:15 PM.) Reason: Clarified instructions and included CWM download URL.
Thanks Meter 30
NEVERMIND -- Fixed it.

Follow the instructions in here exactly and you won't have any issues. Make sure you're using the correct CWM zip file. (i.e. the one that starts with "update", download it here).

Also, make sure you have the updated, correct novacom file in Palm, Inc. See this helpful description and download link.

Also, as others have said, you can simply place ACMEInstaller2 in your Palm, Inc directory, and flash like you would normally by typing novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller2
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
If my post helped you, please press "Thanks!"