[ROM][2.3.7]MIUI - v7 (4 Sept 2012)

Search This thread

Technology-

Jan 17, 2012
I was just wondering if this rom is stable enough right now to be used for day to day tasks. I love th look of the MIUI and I know this is still in development but I was just wondering if it was stable enough. Also I know that it says that the deafault brwoser doesn't work, idc about that anyways right now since I use dolphin browser, but are there any other things that don't work? Just curious before I try to flash this and are the gapps linked here somewhere too or do I have to find them somewhere else. Thanks.

shawn1482

Sep 19, 2007
New York *Brooklyn*
Sorry for the late response but yes its stable enough for daily use. Only problem i have is the battery life is bad and the battery icon doesnt show. But other then that its a great rom, i appreciate all the hard work of the creator.

ajrty33

Jul 31, 2010
http://goo.im/devs/ajrty33/roms/heroc/miui/heroc_miui_beta6.zip

ok...
stock browser works,
battery icon works,
dialer changes with themes, call ui still doesn't
toggles and pull downs theme (icons and background now)
includes some resized widgets (jasonevil)

edit: fixed translations in the settings :)

oh, also includes miui media files (ringtones, etc)

oh and you shouldn't have to flash this over beta4. should flash and boot no matter what.

Last edited:

rukin5197

Jul 26, 2011

ok...
stock browser works,
battery icon works,

oh and you shouldn't have to flash this over beta4. should flash and boot no matter what.
You should probably change the date in the OP to April 4th, not March. Could throw a few people off ;)

Reactions: ajrty33

ajrty33

Jul 31, 2010
I can't seem to make gapps work on this: I wipe everything, flash miui, flash newest gapps, flash kernel, flash opengl 2.0, reboot. Just tried only flashing rom and gapps, still nothing. Gapps flashes, just doesn't show up when rom boots up.

What kernel are you flashing?
Try flashing the rom, reboot, then flash gapps.
If that doesn't work, after you flash gapps get a recovery log. In cwm go to advanced > report error then get it from /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log
Which gapps are you flashing?

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA

goliath714

Jan 23, 2010
Lynnwood
What kernel are you flashing?
Try flashing the rom, reboot, then flash gapps.
If that doesn't work, after you flash gapps get a recovery log. In cwm go to advanced > report error then get it from /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log
Which gapps are you flashing?

Flashing latest .35 kernel but then saw that it was already baked in. Also using latest gapps 8/28/11 or whatever; the latest one from cyanogenmod and goo.im for 2.3.5-7. Will give it one more go and get the recovery.log if it doesn't work.

ajrty33

Jul 31, 2010
Yeah it still didn't work. Here's the recovery log.

Did you flash gapps then report error?

ro.build.version.release=2.3.5
ro.build.date=Tue Aug 9 22:24:52 PDT 2011
ro.build.user=dorian
ro.build.host=dorian-VirtualBox
ro.product.name=cyanogen_heroc

This isn't this rom.....?

shawn1482

Sep 19, 2007
New York *Brooklyn*
Im having a problem where I download apps off the market and when they start installing the phone freezes and restarts the os. The apps basically dont install at all.

goliath714

Jan 23, 2010
Lynnwood
Did you flash gapps then report error?

ro.build.version.release=2.3.5
ro.build.date=Tue Aug 9 22:24:52 PDT 2011
ro.build.user=dorian
ro.build.host=dorian-VirtualBox
ro.product.name=cyanogen_heroc

This isn't this rom.....?
Yeah I did...that's really weird. I flashed the latest miui rom, booted, power off, boot to recovery, flash gapps, booted, didn't work, power off, boot to recovery, report error, and copy recovery.log to my computer and post it here. And I also tried jaybob's latest teamheroc 7.2.0 with the same gapps package I used and it flashed with no problems so I know it's not a bad zip. Am I going to have to ruu or something? I'll try getting another recovery.log.

ajrty33

Jul 31, 2010
Yeah I did...that's really weird. I flashed the latest miui rom, booted, power off, boot to recovery, flash gapps, booted, didn't work, power off, boot to recovery, report error, and copy recovery.log to my computer and post it here. And I also tried jaybob's latest teamheroc 7.2.0 with the same gapps package I used and it flashed with no problems so I know it's not a bad zip. Am I going to have to ruu or something? I'll try getting another recovery.log.

Flash gapps > andvanced > report error.... don't reboot
If you did all of that then reported error and your phone has a different build.prop than what you flashed..... then uhhhh

ajrty33

Jul 31, 2010
Im having a problem where I download apps off the market and when they start installing the phone freezes and restarts the os. The apps basically dont install at all.

That sucks.

Just kidding, not really. Try holding your phone at a 45 degree angle while downloading. OR pastebin a logcat.

What do you mean "restarts the os?" Reboots? What market are you on? Are you sure your market isn't trying to update and home is redrawing?

Last edited:

goliath714

Jan 23, 2010
Lynnwood
Flash gapps > andvanced > report error.... don't reboot
If you did all of that then reported error and your phone has a different build.prop than what you flashed..... then uhhhh

Lol yeah I'm not quite sure why it said that...I'll try one more time...

Here's the new recovery; flashed miui, booted, reboot recovery, flash gapps, got recovery.log, booted, still no gapps, but the recovery.log should be correct....

Attachments

• recovery.zip
    2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Luckydog666

Jan 22, 2010
Oregon
That sucks.

Just kidding, not really. Try holding your phone at a 45 degree angle while downloading. OR pastebin a logcat.

What do you mean "restarts the os?" Reboots? What market are you on? Are you sure your market isn't trying to update and home is redrawing?

Mine is doing the same thing, I flashed gapps and then rebooted. The only application that seems to be flashed is the market. If I, say, try to download gmail for instance, it takes quite a while to start the download. Once downloaded, it starts to install it and then the screen goes black. After which you get the boot animation. Also, rom manager force closes every time. My market appears to be the new one. Aside from that, this rom seems fairly fast and smooth. I liked it on my nookcolor and was excited to see it for the hero.

4/8/12 - as it turns out I didn't have the new play store. I redid everything, let the market update and everything works perfect now.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Problem restoring applications

Whenever I try to restore in titanium backup, the rom restarts and nothing gets restored. I was using FR but I stopped to try it completely stock and it was still doing it. Has anyone else had this problem? I didn't see it anywhere else in the thread, thanks for your hard work on this, apart from this issue, it is an excellent rom.

Rizzy6

May 12, 2010
Tried to install this. Mid-install it says:

E: wrong digest: META-INF/com/google/updater-script
E: Verification failed

Installation aborted.

---

What did I do wrong?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ported from Ange c8650 build

All credit to the MIUI folks and honxn at apkhot.com

Gingerbread 2.3.7 based MIUI
    What doesn't work:
    • let me know

Changelog:
    Code:
    v3 - [apkhot changes:  redone phone settings, contacts, SMS, picture resources for mdpi, so themes will need to be mdpi; fixed sms reject; dialer background themed;  ]
    v2 - [apkhot changes: center clock, settings changes], stock browser
    v1 -  [apkhot changes: modify the search key for the lock screen?, themes apply without restarting, add call recording function, colors appear to be fixed], miren browser,
    Beta6 - stock browser works, battery icon works, added MIUI media files (ringtones,etc), resized widgets (jasonevil), more things change with themes (toggles and pull down), don't have to flash over beta4, maybe some other stuff?
    Beta5 - new base; a whole lot of string translations; stock browser doesn't work, so replaced with Maxthon; edited power_profile in framework-res
    Beta4 - fixed themes; added MIUI camera, compass, file explorer, and gallery
    Beta3 - actually fixed text prediction/dictionaries
    Beta2 - fixed text prediction, dictionaries
    Beta1 - initial release

Themes should automatically work. Flash in recovery if themes are not working: theme_fix.zip
    If that doesn't work, make the folder /data/system/theme.

v7 (4 September 2012) - Download link: http://goo.im/devs/ajrty33/roms/heroc/miui/heroc_miui_v7.zip
    (goo-inside.me app will notify you of updates)
    (gapps NOT included)

v6 (22 July 2012) - Download link: http://goo.im/devs/ajrty33/roms/heroc/miui/heroc_miui_v6.zip

v4 (22 May 2012)
    v3 (7 May 2012)
    v2 (25 Apr 2012)
    v1 (13 Apr 2012)
    Beta 6 (4 Apr 2012)
    Beta 5 (22 Mar 2012)
    Beta 4 (20 Mar 2012)

p7uTg.png
    KyXlP.png
    Vk519.png

MOKec.png
    ZPZti.png
    tpU3x.png

7gXYl.png
    YEIXB.png
    hUAOt.png

5GoKr.png
    WhUMX.png
    skqk9.png

haters-mickey.gif

ok...
    stock browser works,
    battery icon works,

Big huge amazing update coming

See OP for theme_fix.zip. just flash this zip in recovery
    the zip makes the folder /data/system/theme. if you want, you can just add this folder with any root file explorer.
    It’ll be built into the release. I’m working with a couple other people to get a few kinks worked out and see if we can get the latest gingerbread release to work.

Edit: do not apply lockscreens! Make sure you uncheck lockscreen when you apply a theme! If you look in the lewa rom thread there's a zip of mdpi lockdcreen themes. If you download those as specified, they'll show up under your themes.
    I'll get those added to the op as soon as I can.
    updated...
    added dictionaries for text prediction