Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,920 Members 42,868 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung galaxy ace brick

Tip us?

kras0
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doo:DAce View Post
this is what u get for not reading posts before doing somehing as dangerous as using rom manager anyway send it to service center tell them Kies crashed while updating XD
Haha...great excuse

On almost every thread it says that dont use rom manager. After reading so many bad experiences i get chills when rooting new rom and there is rom manager installed. Never tried to mess with it...always first install titanium backup (or simillar app) and uninstall rom manager forever

v.m.quang
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohanlink View Post
just for other people, DON'T USE ROM MANAGER to our Ace, because too many issues that it will brick our device, so be careful, and from other forum, also don't use Font Changer coz that can brick too
Oh, this morning i had use it to change font, but it work normal

NathanBookham
Old
Thanks Meter 153

DONATE TO ME
Use ROM manager properly noob.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Ace
Devices:
Samsung Galaxy Ace
Raspberry Pi Model B Revision 2

Visit my website @ Nathan Bookham's Blog or follow me on Twitter @inversesandwich.
If I helped you, hit the thanks button!

Harry GT-S5830
Old
Thanks Meter 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanBookham View Post
Use ROM manager properly noob.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Ace
Gf your Ace. The only function that doesn't brick ace is reboot into recovery. (and even that id just do manually)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using XDA
Insert 5 lines of donation icons here.

Nexus 4 8GB owner; running stock intime for Key Lime Pie KitKat

For doing something extreme:

For when I'm not:

TheSaint77
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Unhappy OKay I bricked it :S

After 4 hours of reading and finally taking the steps I bricked my ACE sadly following these instructions...

Quote:
Now you have Gingerbread. You want a backup. Search for chinoray and clockwordmodace.zip. This'll give you the backup program (a.k.a Clockworkmod Recovery) so you can do a recovery no matter what. (Press home and power to boot into recovery mode. there's an option to install from a zip. Install chinoray's file)

What I did was seeking for the software 'clockwordmodace' in the Marketplace, caus i did not find it elsewhere. Then, after installing it, I said Backup current ROM and it whent dead in my hands and never woke up. Even after pressing the home-power-volume up combination. Noob me..

So I guess I will bring it back to the store....or does anybody else have a suggestion.

ross231
Old
Thanks Meter 91
look at my signature.
Moto G
Stock 4.3
Sony tablet S
Stock 4.0.3 Release 1A not rooted
iPod Touch 1G
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ross231 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TheSaint77
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross231 View Post
look at my signature.
Thanks ross231. Appreciate your reaction.

The ACE is back to Samsung for inspection...lets see what they say.

I told the store that the connection between my PC and the ACE was bad at the time I did an upgrade. They found that a plausible.

Hopefully they (Samsung) will send me another ACE because its not powering at all and this one is not even a month old.

ghojezz
Old
Thanks Meter 9
try this one, very useful

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1071970

SweetPurple
Old
Thanks Meter 4
In many roms, CWM has intalled, but it's the properly CWM ?

I'm new on SGA section.

QNBT
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 647

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaint77 View Post
After 4 hours of reading and finally taking the steps I bricked my ACE sadly following these instructions...

What I did was seeking for the software 'clockwordmodace' in the Marketplace, caus i did not find it elsewhere. Then, after installing it, I said Backup current ROM and it whent dead in my hands and never woke up. Even after pressing the home-power-volume up combination. Noob me..

So I guess I will bring it back to the store....or does anybody else have a suggestion.
You DID NOT really follow its instructions, looks like ur bad mouthing the thread xD
Anyways just to avoid future problems like these, if it says .zip it's probably not gonna be on the market since all the apps are apk files.
The zip file is suppose to be flashed via recovery-mode. When I was using froyo you werent able to chose and select which zip-file to update from, so I rename the clockworkmodace.zip to update.zip and chose the updater (in recovery mode). That's one way to get CWM properly.

edit: oh and you can download CWM via that thread, it links you to this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1168417