Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,732 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GingerDX Bugs List & Solutions

Tip us?

pandab0rg
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Jay View Post
LinuxDX is actually discontinued for quite some time now. I don't really have the time to care about kernel hacking, and actually there's no sense in trying to push LinuxDX forward when there's alfsamsung's and djnilse's amazing Alfs kernel.

In short ... take your pick. Either flash to Alfs or flash back to Stock Kernel (but don't forget to copy the Alfs Kernel AddOn or Stock Kernel Modules CWM ZIP for v024 onto your SD prior to flashing the kernel of your choice and don't forget to flash it before a full boot).

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

Either "Forget Network" and connect anew or Factory Reset or Re-Flash.
Maybe i'll try back to stock kernel,.. thanks anyway for the suggestions..

Does anyone get the same problem??

Sent from my X8 using XDA

erfantaheri
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hi there

When I connect a VPN connection or enabling proxy droid, while Connection is connected, any apps ignores the VPN connection and still use wireless connection. This is a big issue for me. I'm using v24 on stock kernel, any tips to solve this?
B.Jay Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by erfantaheri View Post
hi there

When I connect a VPN connection or enabling proxy droid, while Connection is connected, any apps ignores the VPN connection and still use wireless connection. This is a big issue for me. I'm using v24 on stock kernel, any tips to solve this?
Huh?! What do you expect to happen once you opened the VPN connection? You expect the physical WiFi connection to close and the TCP/IP traffic to magically move back and forth to/from your phone by magical fairies?

You know, a VPN is a encrypted tunnel to some remote server that runs over a physical link ... like a Wireless connection (unless your X8 has a Ethernet port). So ... quite normal that a VPN connection still uses the physical WiFi connection.

About ProxyDroid (never used it) ... well ... if you expect ProxyDroid to route the traffic through the VPN tunnel (when established) you may want to use the pptp0 network device instead of wifi0 ... you know ... Linux networking basics.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rezzen25
Old
Thanks Meter 13
i think this is a bug but if its not , just ignore it ahhh when i playing music with a headphone on it and the phone is lock and i try to change music using lock screen widgets ,, the radion is suddenly went open and running ,, it happend to me 3 tmes but some times it do not.

erfantaheri
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default ondaus bolyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Jay View Post
Huh?! What do you expect to happen once you opened the VPN connection? You expect the physical WiFi connection to close and the TCP/IP traffic to magically move back and forth to/from your phone by magical fairies?

You know, a VPN is a encrypted tunnel to some remote server that runs over a physical link ... like a Wireless connection (unless your X8 has a Ethernet port). So ... quite normal that a VPN connection still uses the physical WiFi connection.

About ProxyDroid (never used it) ... well ... if you expect ProxyDroid to route the traffic through the VPN tunnel (when established) you may want to use the pptp0 network device instead of wifi0 ... you know ... Linux networking basics.
thank you for reply, I didnt mean why it still using the wifi connection, I mean all apps are using the wireless connection regardless to VPN connection and my X8 sends traffic to Wireless gateway instead of sending that to the VPN server.
B.Jay Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by erfantaheri View Post
thank you for reply, I didnt mean why it still using the wifi connection, I mean all apps are using the wireless connection regardless to VPN connection and my X8 sends traffic to Wireless gateway instead of sending that to the VPN server.
If you want to "bend" ALL traffic to the VPN tunnel you're using the wrong approach (ProxyDroid).

In this case you need x8netfilter (on Stock Kernel, not needed on Alfs), the iptables command and some knowledge about how to write-up a ruleset for the Linux firewalling filter.

I'm not going to riddle that for you, but let me hint you this much ...

You need a script that does the following...

1. Check the VPN tunnel is up and established
2. You need to setup a FORWARD/OUTPUT filter chain rule that re-directs all traffic to all ports to the pseudo interface of the VPN tunnel instead of to the WiFi interface (keep an eye at DNS ... you may need to let that pass through in case your VPN tunnel isn't able to pass DNS requests back and forth).
3. Flush the iptables chains upon exiting the VPN tunnel.

Open Google and search for "iptables" ... learn how it works ... write up the firewall rules you need (may require you learn a bit about Linux commandline scripting).

lucastan96
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2094
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzen25 View Post
i think this is a bug but if its not , just ignore it ahhh when i playing music with a headphone on it and the phone is lock and i try to change music using lock screen widgets ,, the radion is suddenly went open and running ,, it happend to me 3 tmes but some times it do not.
Didnt encounter this before. I had always use the widgets and its working perfectly. B.Jay, is there any way to largen the widget and hide the clock? Like the one in Xperia Arc...

Sent From My W8 Using XDA Premium
B.Jay Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucastan96 View Post
B.Jay, is there any way to largen the widget and hide the clock? Like the one in Xperia Arc...
The CM Settings contain all settings the CM Team implemented to customize the lockscreen styles and layouts. I didn't add any nor did I remove any customization settings.

Since I don't give a damn about Sony's Xperia <whatever> launchers/lockscreens/timecrap (no offense, I just don't like how Sony (Ericsson) styles the interface) ... a screenshot would help to actually know what we're talking about in terms of appearance.

lucastan96
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2094
Hmm.. cant find the screenshot. Well, its something like a big album art and the controls at the middle of screen, rather than the bottom. And, the big clock is hidden. Maybe you can try to make it.

Sent From My W8 Using XDA Premium

g4t0n3gr0
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
hey guys i use my 3G internet and then i use my wi fi กกก i cant connect to anything but i use again 3G and it works is reallyyyyyy annoying and my wifi its ok กกก why happen this ?