Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 40,782 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Camera sizes on EVO 3D

Tip us?

dladz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 736

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Camera sizes on EVO 3D

Hi all,

I have installed Elixir 2, i'm not sure which one to use. On clicking on information and then on the device tab, one of my camera's says it has a resolution of 2560x1920 focus length 3.49mm and the other is 3840x1080 focus length 3.49mm, the front camera says 1280x1024 focus length 2.2mm

Can anyone tell me what this means please.

Cheers.

mnomaanw
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladz View Post
Hi all,

I have installed Elixir 2, i'm not sure which one to use. On clicking on information and then on the device tab, one of my camera's says it has a resolution of 2560x1920 focus length 3.49mm and the other is 3840x1080 focus length 3.49mm, the front camera says 1280x1024 focus length 2.2mm

Can anyone tell me what this means please.

Cheers.
The rear upper camera can take 4.9MP images and the rear lower camera can take 4.1 MP images. Through according to me the cameras are capable of taking maximum of 5MP images but the software is made like that by HTC .
And the front can take images of 1.3MP

dladz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 736

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnomaanw View Post
The rear upper camera can take 4.9MP images and the rear lower camera can take 4.1 MP images. Through according to me the cameras are capable of taking maximum of 5MP images but the software is made like that by HTC .
And the front can take images of 1.3MP
Are you saying thats what all EVO 3D's can do or what mine can do? Because they're not all the same in terms of hardware.

mnomaanw
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladz View Post
Are you saying thats what all EVO 3D's can do or what mine can do? Because they're not all the same in terms of hardware.
All Evo 3Ds that I came across have same camera as yours............and also all the main parts of the 3Ds that we talk about are same for all. Just the SoC is different in CDMA and GSM and also the Wimax/sim card part.
Else every CDMA and Every GSM phone is same (some parts might be region specific)