XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Red dialer problem????

Tip us?

sct08
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Red dialer problem????

I keep getting a red dialer on almost every rom I flash??? I've tried almost everything I can think of to figure this out any suggestions would be great.

zanderman112
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1839

DONATE TO ME
What rom are you trying to flash?

Can you give us screenshots of different roms having the dialer?

Have you tried to use Odin to return to stock, re-root, then flash the rom?

~ E.R.A.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Click banner for my Twitter^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
<---- I now have a PayPal donate link right over there <----
If you don't wan't to straight up donate via PayPal, these Amazon.com virtual giftcards are always appreciated

My Devices:

Sprint Galaxy S3 on Stock Deodexed MB1+Multi-View mod
OUYA 1st Gen on Stock Rooted JZ054L-Ouya
HP Touchpad on patched up webOS 3.0.5 & CyanogenMod 10.1
Samsung Epic 4G on CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies

sct08
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
We tried returning to stock through odin and rerooting but still had the red dialer. The sleeper rom is one example of the dialer being red it also makes the email background red. Clean GB is one of the roms that the dialer is the way it's supposed to be. I'm actually trying to figure this out for my stepmom who lives in another state so I don't have the phone with me. My wife has an epic and I don't have an issue with the dialer turning red when flashing the sleeper rom on hers so this has me confused. I'm a evo owner myself so this samsung stuff is kind of new to me. Could this be caused by the kernel?

zanderman112
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1839

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sct08 View Post
We tried returning to stock through odin and rerooting but still had the red dialer. The sleeper rom is one example of the dialer being red it also makes the email background red. Clean GB is one of the roms that the dialer is the way it's supposed to be. I'm actually trying to figure this out for my stepmom who lives in another state so I don't have the phone with me. My wife has an epic and I don't have an issue with the dialer turning red when flashing the sleeper rom on hers so this has me confused. I'm a evo owner myself so this samsung stuff is kind of new to me. Could this be caused by the kernel?
It's unlikely, but if the kernel has voodoo color in it, it might be causing a red tint. Try using the voodoo control app on the market to adjust the colors and see if that fixes it.

~ E.R.A.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Click banner for my Twitter^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If you don't wan't to straight up donate via PayPal, these Amazon.com virtual giftcards are always appreciated

My Devices:

The Following User Says Thank You to zanderman112 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sct08
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderman112 View Post
It's unlikely, but if the kernel has voodoo color in it, it might be causing a red tint. Try using the voodoo control app on the market to adjust the colors and see if that fixes it.

~ E.R.A.
The voodoo color app did the trick thanks.

zanderman112
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1839

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sct08 View Post
The voodoo color app did the trick thanks.
Awesome!

~ E.R.A.

My Devices: