Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,782 Members 45,769 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Exhibit II 4G Discussion

Tip us?

pink713
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question Remove Social Hub

Quote:
Originally Posted by camcory View Post
First do you have root. If you do use an app like root explorer of es file explorer the later is my favorite. You can then navigate to /system/apps/ then find social hub.apk now best move is to long press on it then use move to your sd card that way if you have any hiccups you can move it back. Restart the phone and see how it acts. Or just use one of the many custom roms we have for our phone most have that app removed.
Thanks.. But I have a question: When I uninstall the app Social Hub, I must also uninstall the 'SNS Account" or it is uninstall automatically?? I use the Titatium Backup to remove apps.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigsays View Post
titanium back up will take it right out as long as you are rooted.
Thanks.. But I have a question: When I uninstall the app Social Hub, I must also uninstall the 'SNS Account" or it is uninstall automatically?? I use the Titatium Backup to remove apps.

camcory
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4532
[QUOTE=pink713;24574352]Thanks.. But I have a question: When I uninstall the app Social Hub, I must also uninstall the 'SNS Account" or it is uninstall automatically?? I use the Titatium Backup to remove apps.[COLOR="Silver"]

Not sure but you can freeze them both with Ti and see how the phone responds.

Jkarf
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help Needed with Flash back to Stock

Please help. I rooted the phone and accidentally uninstalled a few too many system apps using titanium backup. I have found two options (clockworkmod and odin). unfortunately, my device will not download from the market so i cannot download clockworkmod. The only other option i have found to flash back to stock is using Odin. i found instructions here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki..._Exhibit_II_4G but the zip file but the link for the "Back to Stcok" zip file isn't working. Does anyone know where to get that file from?

jocala
Old
(Last edited by jocala; 8th April 2012 at 12:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2003

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkarf View Post
Please help. I rooted the phone and accidentally uninstalled a few too many system apps using titanium backup. I have found two options (clockworkmod and odin). unfortunately, my device will not download from the market so i cannot download clockworkmod. The only other option i have found to flash back to stock is using Odin. i found instructions here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki..._Exhibit_II_4G but the zip file but the link for the "Back to Stcok" zip file isn't working. Does anyone know where to get that file from?
You don't need the market for clockworkmod

The link below has both Odin and CWM.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...29&postcount=2

Jkarf
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocala View Post
You don't need the market for clockworkmod

The link below has both Odin and CWM.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...29&postcount=2
Thanks jocala...i am very much a noob. i have downloaded the "Return to stock via CWM Download HERE" which you provided. How do i go about returning to stock?

Jkarf
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default how to flash to stock?

Quote:
Thanks jocala...i am very much a noob. i have downloaded the "Return to stock via CWM Download HERE" which you provided. How do i go about returning to stock?
Am still having trouble flashing back to stock. Tried the Odin method but the computer is not recognizing my phone when i hit start. Would love some detailed instructions on using jocala's CWM file found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1435286&page=8. Don't know how or where to transfer the zip to (when i connect to USB storage, there is no /mnt/sdcard when i am looking at the phone file system). ANy details would be appreciated.

jocala
Old
(Last edited by jocala; 8th April 2012 at 05:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2003

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Am still having trouble flashing back to stock. Tried the Odin method but the computer is not recognizing my phone when i hit start. Would love some detailed instructions on using jocala's CWM file found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1435286&page=8. Don't know how or where to transfer the zip to (when i connect to USB storage, there is no /mnt/sdcard when i am looking at the phone file system). ANy details would be appreciated.
Is cwm installed? If yes, copy the T679.flash2.stock.zip to /sdcard/ using adb. Boot into cwm recovery and flash T679.flash2.stock.zip. You'll be stock.

Is cwm not installed? If no, copy the T679.flash2.stock.zip to /sdcard/ using adb, then copy the cwm-t679.01.zip to /sdcard/ using adb. Boot into stock recovery and flash cwm-t679.01.zip. Reboot into cwm recovery. Flash T679.flash2.stock.zip. You'll now be stock.

Do not try to flash T679.flash2.stock.zip with Samsung's standard recovery. You must use cwm for this file.

Go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...29&postcount=2 to download files.

asvpmike
Old
Thanks Meter 3
can anyone port CM7 ? seriously i'd donate and test, i cant be the only one who wants this
The Following User Says Thank You to asvpmike For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jocala
Old
Thanks Meter 2003

DONATE TO ME
I've updated the "Back to Stock" portion of our wiki with a working link for Odin,tar & ops files. Click HERE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jocala For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jocala
Old
(Last edited by jocala; 11th April 2012 at 04:28 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2003

DONATE TO ME
Default swap sd and external_sd

Eriks Pigoznis, on the W side, edited vold.fstab to swap sd & external_sd and it works great. Here is a flashable zip that should work on any stockish Exhibit II. It works with Peach Sunrise w/o problems. This will swap the mount points for /sdcard and /external_sd. It also adds a command /system/xbin/swapsd to your system.
Code:
swapsd
Usage: swapsd { default | external } swap mount point for sd
If you want to switch back and forth, execute "swapsd <parameter>" from a root console, then reboot.

YMMV,Not responsible,etc,etc

swapsd.01.zip

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jocala For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]