8th April 2012, 12:49 AM   |  #731  
Flag Falcón
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
More
Question Remove Social Hub
Quote:
Originally Posted by camcory

First do you have root. If you do use an app like root explorer of es file explorer the later is my favorite. You can then navigate to /system/apps/ then find social hub.apk now best move is to long press on it then use move to your sd card that way if you have any hiccups you can move it back. Restart the phone and see how it acts. Or just use one of the many custom roms we have for our phone most have that app removed.

Thanks.. But I have a question: When I uninstall the app Social Hub, I must also uninstall the 'SNS Account" or it is uninstall automatically?? I use the Titatium Backup to remove apps.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigsays

titanium back up will take it right out as long as you are rooted.

Thanks.. But I have a question: When I uninstall the app Social Hub, I must also uninstall the 'SNS Account" or it is uninstall automatically?? I use the Titatium Backup to remove apps.
8th April 2012, 01:06 AM   |  #732  
Recognized Developer
Flag Spring Hill, Fl
Thanks Meter: 4,534

1,451 posts
More
[QUOTE=pink713;24574352]Thanks.. But I have a question: When I uninstall the app Social Hub, I must also uninstall the 'SNS Account" or it is uninstall automatically?? I use the Titatium Backup to remove apps.[COLOR="Silver"]

Not sure but you can freeze them both with Ti and see how the phone responds.
8th April 2012, 01:28 AM   |  #733  

7 posts
More
Help Needed with Flash back to Stock
Please help. I rooted the phone and accidentally uninstalled a few too many system apps using titanium backup. I have found two options (clockworkmod and odin). unfortunately, my device will not download from the market so i cannot download clockworkmod. The only other option i have found to flash back to stock is using Odin. i found instructions here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki..._Exhibit_II_4G but the zip file but the link for the "Back to Stcok" zip file isn't working. Does anyone know where to get that file from?
8th April 2012, 01:30 AM   |  #734  
Flag Ocala
Thanks Meter: 2,112

2,398 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkarf

Please help. I rooted the phone and accidentally uninstalled a few too many system apps using titanium backup. I have found two options (clockworkmod and odin). unfortunately, my device will not download from the market so i cannot download clockworkmod. The only other option i have found to flash back to stock is using Odin. i found instructions here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki..._Exhibit_II_4G but the zip file but the link for the "Back to Stcok" zip file isn't working. Does anyone know where to get that file from?

You don't need the market for clockworkmod

The link below has both Odin and CWM.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...29&postcount=2
Last edited by jocala; 8th April 2012 at 01:35 AM.
8th April 2012, 01:47 AM   |  #735  

7 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocala

You don't need the market for clockworkmod

The link below has both Odin and CWM.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...29&postcount=2

Thanks jocala...i am very much a noob. i have downloaded the "Return to stock via CWM Download HERE" which you provided. How do i go about returning to stock?
8th April 2012, 02:48 AM   |  #736  

7 posts
More
how to flash to stock?
Quote:

Thanks jocala...i am very much a noob. i have downloaded the "Return to stock via CWM Download HERE" which you provided. How do i go about returning to stock?

Am still having trouble flashing back to stock. Tried the Odin method but the computer is not recognizing my phone when i hit start. Would love some detailed instructions on using jocala's CWM file found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1435286&page=8. Don't know how or where to transfer the zip to (when i connect to USB storage, there is no /mnt/sdcard when i am looking at the phone file system). ANy details would be appreciated.
8th April 2012, 04:50 AM   |  #737  
Flag Ocala

2,398 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Am still having trouble flashing back to stock. Tried the Odin method but the computer is not recognizing my phone when i hit start. Would love some detailed instructions on using jocala's CWM file found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1435286&page=8. Don't know how or where to transfer the zip to (when i connect to USB storage, there is no /mnt/sdcard when i am looking at the phone file system). ANy details would be appreciated.

Is cwm installed? If yes, copy the T679.flash2.stock.zip to /sdcard/ using adb. Boot into cwm recovery and flash T679.flash2.stock.zip. You'll be stock.

Is cwm not installed? If no, copy the T679.flash2.stock.zip to /sdcard/ using adb, then copy the cwm-t679.01.zip to /sdcard/ using adb. Boot into stock recovery and flash cwm-t679.01.zip. Reboot into cwm recovery. Flash T679.flash2.stock.zip. You'll now be stock.

Do not try to flash T679.flash2.stock.zip with Samsung's standard recovery. You must use cwm for this file.

Go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...29&postcount=2 to download files.
Last edited by jocala; 8th April 2012 at 06:09 PM.
9th April 2012, 02:44 PM   |  #738  
Queens NY
Thanks Meter: 3

41 posts
More
can anyone port CM7 ? seriously i'd donate and test, i cant be the only one who wants this
The Following User Says Thank You to asvpmike For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th April 2012, 08:17 PM   |  #739  
Flag Ocala

2,398 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've updated the "Back to Stock" portion of our wiki with a working link for Odin,tar & ops files. Click HERE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jocala For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2012, 08:50 PM   |  #740  
Flag Ocala

2,398 posts
Donate to Me
More
swap sd and external_sd
Eriks Pigoznis, on the W side, edited vold.fstab to swap sd & external_sd and it works great. Here is a flashable zip that should work on any stockish Exhibit II. It works with Peach Sunrise w/o problems. This will swap the mount points for /sdcard and /external_sd. It also adds a command /system/xbin/swapsd to your system.
Code:
swapsd
Usage: swapsd { default | external } swap mount point for sd
If you want to switch back and forth, execute "swapsd <parameter>" from a root console, then reboot.

YMMV,Not responsible,etc,etc

swapsd.01.zip
Last edited by jocala; 11th April 2012 at 05:28 AM.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jocala For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread