Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,426 Members 53,831 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Jun-13 MeanROM v4.5 | 2.17 | OC/UV | Beats | 50+ hr standby | 4000+ Quadrant

Tip us?

banccalif
Old
Thanks Meter 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2buckley View Post
4EXT Recovery FTW!
+1

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

LfnsR
Old
Thanks Meter 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by igotroot View Post
So tell me why take EXT4recovery vs TWRP... thanks
Just a great recovery. I have only used twro since I got my Evo 3D and had issues with the touch version. 4ext is touch and has a killr gui. Just try it out for yourself. You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my MeanROM 3D via Tapatalk!
Samsung Note 3

Asus Transformer Prime 32GB

ROM: Androwook Hairy Bean

Boss2212
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by igotroot View Post
So tell me why take EXT4recovery vs TWRP... thanks

You can flash kernels and what not without fast boot or flash image gui... Best thing if ur on hboot 1.5 with s-on!! Just Try it and it's featured pack like gives real battery percent while in recovery!

Sent in 3D

mlese92
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Might be a noob question. Ive been using this ROM for a while now and its great aside from a random reboot here and there but thats not my issue. I have the extended battery and still get crazy battery drain. i drop from 100 to 80 with minimal use right when i take it off the charger. the only thing i can think is calibrate battery or the battery is bad. I recently used the normal battery then right back to extended battery. Could that be the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated

TrofeoSC
Old
Thanks Meter 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyxda View Post
I don't know if this is the cause but a while back, I ran into a temporary market glitch where the market stopped seeing the apps that I own. It only showed one or two. Honesty, I don't remember the solution, but I think it was a temporary glitch in the market server. Going back to 3.5, did you restore a backup, or did you just install the 3.5 ROM? I'm thinking if it was a backup, it makes sense that the apps came back because a backup doesn't depend on market links like play store and my backup.

Mike

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
My concern is with the FCs on numerous apps like system tuner and antutu and quads.

How would you suggest I get the Apps back and If I get the apps back can I restore the data from My Backup Pro???

Any thoughts on the numerous FCs on the apps in the bare rom???

Thank you very much.

Spind426
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Just my two cents. To the person with the extended battery you should download a battery information app to see the actual Mah of the battery. I read a forum where a long list of people had ordered extended batteries that claimed to have 3500mah but were in fact only 1800mah (standard) that drained just as fast as a regular.

And to the people with force close and other random errors (i have never gotten one as far as i've flashed using the correct method) and i use my device HEAVILY. If you have HBOOT 1.5 (S-ON) and you are just booting into clockworkmod recovery without attatching your phone to a pc and using the fastboot cmd prompt recovery method. You are doing it incorrectly. For a long time i did it the wrong way and my phone seemed to work fine but it had many small little glitches and mishaps. Something about HBOOT 1.5(S-ON) doesnt work 100% if you just turn off your phone and boot into CWM-recovery. Sorry for wasting your time if you already knew that. It took me a while to figure it out however.

This is the correct method. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HclYpo0ZR3s
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spind426 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

d7racerx
Old
Thanks Meter 9
The random reboots are from the kernel. Flash the stock kernel and all is well!

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

Spind426
Old
Thanks Meter 12
If i wanted to run at 1.62ghz default... How should i go about doing so? If i use advanced tuner the timings never stick. I find the perfomance to have a big leap when running at 1.62ghz

HolloWX
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimebagdan65 View Post
Wait wait, am I reading that right? Our beloved 3DVO's will read and work with 64gb SDXC cards...? Please confirm! ^_^
Yes, confirmed, I am using the SanDisk 64gigs right now. So small yet so vast!!!

Sent from my 3VO using xda premium
"The best ideas often come from the worst minds."
The Following User Says Thank You to HolloWX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dragonpassion
Old
Thanks Meter 17
WOW! 3.6 with baked in Kernel is the fastest, most stable MeanRom I've ran yet!!!

I have been running/testing scence uploaded. Did a factory wipe, then super wipe with ext4 optimizer; a clean install finished with a titanium restore of apps. Not a single reboot, FC, and Zero lage as hard as I push. Battery life, so far, Exellent!

I have been running mean scence early "20's". It has never ran like this.... In all my testing!!!

This ROM paired with baked in Anthrax... For me, has finally made the EVO 3D, for lack of a better expretion, Puurrrrr!!!!

Thank you!!!!

Quadrents 3876. Never has come in less than 3800 in five separate runs.

1st EVO 3d, Hboot 1.4
2nd EVO 3d, Downgraded Hboot 1.4
MeanRom
Anthrax....

The Following User Says Thank You to dragonpassion For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]