Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 37,236 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia S Rom V10.0 GB 2.3.7 for Arc / Arc S [02-Nov-12] Development Closed

Tip us?

Riyal
Old
(Last edited by Riyal; 7th April 2012 at 07:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,672

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirkac View Post
been saying this since beta 1 and still no answers.. so i switched.
It's an issue with DRMUtil just in case zohaib doesn't know what's causing it. It's calling a method which isn't included in arc's drm libraries. When you attach a picture it initiates a method which checks for drm protection on media files. Problem is you are using Xperia S Conversation app and DRM libraries of Xperia Arc. Obviously the problem is the app and the library it calls doesn't match.

So... Solution? I'm too lazy too familiarize the android filesystem so either use arc's conversation app or use Xperia S ROM and move arc's API libraries into it just like I did on the Pro version I made.
The Following User Says Thank You to Riyal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stirkac
Old
Thanks Meter 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyal View Post
It's an issue with DRMUtil just in case zohaib doesn't know what's causing it. It's calling a method which isn't included in arc's drm libraries. When you attach a picture it initiates a method which checks for drm protection on media files. Problem is you are using Xperia S Conversation app and DRM libraries of Xperia Arc. Obviously the problem is the app and the library it calls doesn't match.

So... Solution? I'm too lazy too familiarize the android filesystem so either use arc's conversation app or use Xperia S ROM and move arc's API libraries into it just like I did on the Pro version I made.
kudos to you mate

cotangent05
Old
Thanks Meter 3
excuse me, can i use your rom to port to Xperia Ray? it's quite awsome, i love your work

DrearierJester1
Old
Thanks Meter 179
what's the file responsible for the lockscreen? was the system-UI.apk or framework-res.apk? or uxpgeneric.apk?

chiefy009
Old
Thanks Meter 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyal View Post

Can someone do this to this rom and realise a hot fix?

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium
Xperia T
Running: Stock

IF I HELP PLEASE USE THE THANKS BUTTON

Previous -- iPhone 4s, x10i, Nokia 3210, SL55, Nokia 7110, Motorola Rzor, Blackberry Torch, LG Shine, LG Chocolate, Blackberry Curve, Samsung Galaxy S, Sony Ray STi18, Google Nexus S, Sony Arc S, Sony Xperia S, Samsung S2, Xperia T, Windows HTC 8X

tiborprogmed
Old
Thanks Meter 50

DONATE TO ME
hi

is there any way to get the weather widgets (all) working from this rom to a ARC ?

thanxs

DrearierJester1
Old
Thanks Meter 179
ok so i was able to install this ROM on my xperia neo v, replaced build.prop and etc to match neo V signatures as well as camera libraries, however the only problem i have now is that the camera application cannot connect to the camera after i took a picture.. that means on the first run after a full reboot i can take pictures but it wont save obviously for some reason the camera application cannot start...

I think this has something to do with the camera application or the camera extensions permission? or perhaps with the camera drivers? Also whats the difference between SeMCCameraApplication.apk and SemCCamerUI.apk?

maliceomalice
Old
(Last edited by maliceomalice; 8th April 2012 at 11:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 236
Im having this problem where everytime i reboot the phone, it factory reset itself and i have to setting it again...any solution?

Using doomkernel v19

Sent from my shakira using xda premium
you can hit Thanks if i helped..

zohaib0001
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotangent05 View Post
excuse me, can i use your rom to port to Xperia Ray? it's quite awsome, i love your work
ok you can do this

chiefy009
Old
Thanks Meter 778
I really like this rom the picture messaging is major issue any plans to fix?

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium
Xperia T
Running: Stock

IF I HELP PLEASE USE THE THANKS BUTTON

Previous -- iPhone 4s, x10i, Nokia 3210, SL55, Nokia 7110, Motorola Rzor, Blackberry Torch, LG Shine, LG Chocolate, Blackberry Curve, Samsung Galaxy S, Sony Ray STi18, Google Nexus S, Sony Arc S, Sony Xperia S, Samsung S2, Xperia T, Windows HTC 8X