Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 52,982 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [ICS] Android Open Kang Project - captivatemtd - Milestone 6

Tip us?

Fear of Oneself
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel.canovas View Post
Just to compare with everyone else, under normal use (I.e. no large apps running in background) how much free ram do you have?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA
I just reflashed so I've got no special scripts.

I'm seeing 44 with Google Play, Browser (1 tab) and the launcher only.
Cell Phone: Unlocked GNex
Kernel: Franco Kernel, usually
ROM: Different one from last week
Interested in overclocking? Checkout my website, full of tutorials and tech news here

Wdustin1
Old
Thanks Meter 318
crazy my IMIE changed to lol. i guess this is what we keep copies of the EFS folder around for. excellent job six seriously dude you are insane!

Mechapanda
Old
(Last edited by Mechapanda; 8th April 2012 at 08:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 163
My dropbox and other apps lost their data, constantly fc

EDIT: after trying to flash build 29 again, it seems to be a problem on there too so looks like i get to build up more data for ALL my apps... at least i get to keep my stuff backed up with mybackup plus

Sent from Outer Space.

sinichi21
Old
Thanks Meter 301

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixstringsg View Post
Well that doesn't sound like a good idea. Replacing one file, especially an older file, from a different ROM on this ROM. If you run into issues, don't report them here.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
Hehe i know how you roll six so no worry on my side i wont be posting any problems i get on b29 but so far no problem just edited my post to clarify it on other poeple who want to try it
Current ROM: DynamicKat 2.0
Current Kernel: Stock
Current Theme: Dark Theme for Captivate

If I help you out give me a thanks button

shuyin1102
Old
(Last edited by shuyin1102; 8th April 2012 at 09:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 54
Thanks Six, this rom is really fast and smooth. One thing, the Fast Charge in Nstools was auto disable after reboot although i ticked "set on boot" option, is that normal? And the Call volumn hack script wasnt include in the rom zip, does this ability work if i copy this script to init.d folder?

drktigger
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I've been having some issues with the camera not always opening on three or four other ics roms. So far I'm not experiencing any of that on this, strangely enough. Everything else is running real smooth as well. I guess I'm staying on this now. Thanks six, this is some great work.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

SirBrettrick
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by anneoneamouse View Post
Can anyone help with a clarification please? In the OP, step 3, I am told to flash Team Hacksung's latest build. Searching this thread reveals just the one reference to Hacksung (in the OP). Searching the forum provides 29 possible threads. This step is not referenced in the AOKP FAQs.

Am I supposed to flash the latest ROM from this thread:
"[ROM][ICS][IML74K] teamhacksung's CM9 ALPHA for Captivate (BUILD 17)" ?

Thanks,

AoN
Yeah, that's the one.

Sent from my Captivate
The Following User Says Thank You to SirBrettrick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sixstringsg
Old
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 7,006

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuyin1102 View Post
Thanks Six, this rom is really fast and smooth. One thing, the Fast Charge in Nstools was auto disable after reboot although i ticked "set on boot" option, is that normal? And the Call volumn hack script wasnt include in the rom zip, does this ability work if i copy this script to init.d folder?
Fast charge isn't supposed to stay enabled through reboots. USB storage doesn't work when fast charge is on, so you have to manually turn it on. Or do it through the ROM Control performance menu.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
Don't like my answer? Whatch this or read this
Are you a dev still using mediafire or dropbox for hosting? PM me up and we'll get that fixed.
The Following User Says Thank You to sixstringsg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

donclary
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Flashed AOKP M4 & Glitch V14 B6, Lost USB ADB

First of all, thank you SixStrings for making such a fast & stable setup for the cappy and for all the time you are putting in to make this happen. I have tried searching this thread and the AOPK site FAQ, but I found nothing related to the issue that I am having.

I have been running AOKP M4 & Glitch V14 B6 for about two weeks now and it has been great. Lots of tweaks to explore. I connected my phone to my PC via USB the other day to open a ADB connection and it would not find the phone. USB Mass Storage worked fine. I tried a different USB hub port, no dice. USB Debugging is on, I updated the Android SDK to v14 and reloaded the cappy drivers from Kies Mini, but still cannot connect to ADB over USB. I downloaded WiFi ADB from the Play Store and can connect to ADB that way.

What do I need to do to fix USB connection to ADB?

Thank you!

pizz0wn3d
Old
Thanks Meter 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by donclary View Post
First of all, thank you SixStrings for making such a fast & stable setup for the cappy and for all the time you are putting in to make this happen. I have tried searching this thread and the AOPK site FAQ, but I found nothing related to the issue that I am having.

I have been running AOKP M4 & Glitch V14 B6 for about two weeks now and it has been great. Lots of tweaks to explore. I connected my phone to my PC via USB the other day to open a ADB connection and it would not find the phone. USB Mass Storage worked fine. I tried a different USB hub port, no dice. USB Debugging is on, I updated the Android SDK to v14 and reloaded the cappy drivers from Kies Mini, but still cannot connect to ADB over USB. I downloaded WiFi ADB from the Play Store and can connect to ADB that way.

What do I need to do to fix USB connection to ADB?

Thank you!
I know it sounds stupid, but have you rebooted your PC since reinstalling the drivers?

Herp derp Captivate XDA Premium

Disclamer: If I helped you, please let me know with a clicky on my Thanks button. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside