Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,773 Members 52,020 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Speaker (ear cup) defect

Tip us?

mgoth
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Speaker (ear cup) defect

Dear all,

my speaker (ear cup) is defect...when phoning it dont have a clear sound anymore. I guess it is damaged and needs to be replaced.
Does anyone have already exchanged this speaker??

Does anyone know were to get this exchange speaker in Germany/Europe ??

thanks for your help,

cheers!
Surface 2 - 64GB
Nokia Lumia 920

wvh123
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello,

I have the same problem. I just orderd this replacement part:
(www)ebay.com/itm/Louder-Speak-Speaker-Earpiece-Receiver-HTC-HD7-T9292-/180657772289?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a100a d701

(and some replacement tools: (www)ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170522145519&ssPa geName=STRK:MESE:IT

(PS I dont post very often (never) here, so I'm still not allowed to post links... You HAVE to put www in front of the links, otherwise they wont work !!)

In this video someone is disassembling his phone, you can see the speaker when he removes the back of the phone. It doesn't look that hard. You don't have to unplug everything like he does...... It seems like you only have to open the back and then you have acces to remove the speaker.....
youtube.com/watch?v=4UBCFsMDTGA

I guess it's gonna take a while before my parts arrive. If they do I will post a message wheter the replacements worked or not :P

Cheers !

Wouter

wvh123
Old
(Last edited by wvh123; 9th June 2012 at 10:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,

The replacement part and the replacement tools arrived this week and I just replaced my ear speaker. It was quiet easy actually. The hard part was to remove the bottom part of the back of the phone. Then you can easily remove the screws and the back. It was a bit difficult to remove the ear speaker. First I tried to unplug the speaker, but that didnt work. Then I removed the speaker (I just wiggeld a lot, it was really tight in a small frame) and when it came lose I could unplug it aswell. Then I installed the new ear speaker. The cord of the replacement speaker is a bit longer, so I crolled it on the speaker. Then I set everything back in place and the new speaker works as a charm. It cost me about 30 min (but I was also watching the football match....) and it cost only 4 euro something.

Good luck repairing your phone !

sdrv.ms/K6bvQN
A foto of the parts I orderd.