ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Composite RCA cable

OP jonyboy27

6th April 2012, 03:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Denver, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
More
Hi all.
I have been doing a bit of research and am finding split information as to whether or not the galaxy tab 8.9 is able to use a composite rca cable or not.
I see some selling the cable and advertising it as being compatible with all galaxy tabs including the 8.9, I am also seeing some selling the exact same cable and advertising it as only being compatible with the Samsung P1000 7 tab.
Here is an example of the cable I am talking about. I do have an hdmi cable which works great, but I would still like to have the rca cable if it is compatible.

I am wondering if anyone has tried this type of cable with a galaxy tab 8.9..
Thanks for the help!
6th April 2012, 01:00 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

61 posts
I have ordered one at dealextreme for a few euros, a few days ago. I'll let you know if it works. I am particularly interested in using it to connect my tab to a projector. I couldn't find any information on the internet so I'll just see what happens I guess.
6th April 2012, 08:01 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Denver, Colorado

18 posts
More
Thanks stevennekens for the reply. I as well would like to be able to use my tab with a projector.
Looks like the hyperlink in my above post did not stick, here is an example of the cable I am referring to :
http://www.accessorywiz.com/composit...y-tab-8-9.html
8th April 2012, 01:51 PM   |  #4  
Flag Almere

6 posts
doesn't work
I have my cable in from dealxtreme and it doesn't work with the galaxy tab 8.9 although otherwise advertised (not by samsung). I am still hoping to find a way to get it to work.
10th April 2012, 12:56 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Denver, Colorado

18 posts
More
Thanks lrbizar for the reply.
Sorry to hear that the cable does not work for our tab.. other than this minor issue, I have really enjoyed using it.
If you are ever able to get it working, please let me know.
-Jon
20th November 2012, 01:17 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

29 posts
Hi people,
It's unbelievable but it doesn't work. I actually exchanged the cable once thinking it was faulty. The Samsung say it's not compatible. And I have a Samsung H03 projector that I was looking forward to connecting to my GT 8.9. It's very frustrating that I can't connect two Samsung devices together. GT 10.1 and 7 should be fine they say. Where did you get the HDMI cable please?

Good luck.
Danny.
Last edited by d.lavaman; 20th November 2012 at 01:23 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread