Which phone should I get (and offer IC rom for it)?

• HTC ONE

Votes: 311 91.5%
  • Samsug Galaxy S IV

Votes: 29 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

baadnewz

Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2008
Bucharest
insertcoin-roms.org

Requirements

Code:
#include 
/*
* Unlocked Phone @ HTCDEV or S-OFF
* Custom Recovery
* Common Sense, Brains and logic
*/

License Agreement

By downloading and flashing InsertCoin Custom ROM for HTC ONE X you agree to the following:
  • Your warranty is now void.
  • I am NOT responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROMbefore flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
  • Support is limited. I do this as a hobby in my free time. I'll do my best to help you if you state your problem in clear English, with as much information as you can (what mods you selected, have you wiped, when exactly does the error occur, what type of phone you have (ul, l , ws etc.), what carrier, logcat and so on. The more information you offer, easier for me to help you. If you do not ask for support in clear English and with no information what-so-ever I will ignore your issue!
  • Leave the self entitled customer attitude at the door. I am under NO obligation what-so-ever to do anything for you. If I do it is because I like helping people. Using custom work published on XDA is not a right, it is a privilege. If you think otherwise please read here. Or watch this video.
  • NO Requests! When I work on InsertCoin I have in mind that I have to satisfy all users to a decent level. What works for me might not work for you and vice versa . I'm not your personal ROM developer and it is not my job nor my intention to make everybody happy.
  • Do not come here asking "Hey mate, X rom has that awesome feature and if you don't implement it in your rom, I'll <insert whatever here>!" You flashed this ROM because you liked it at some point, if that change please stop using it.
  • Suggestions for improvements are always welcomed. As long as they are well documented and as long as you understand that NOT everything is possible.
  • NO ETAs! While I do my best to constantly work on the ROM to improve, *fix and add new features, again this is a hobby! There are periods when due real-life issues I can't spend too much time for InsertCoin! If this becomes an obligation passion fades and I might stop cooking the ROM

Sharing Policy

• Sharing is caring!
  • You are free to use this ROM or parts of it to fit your needs as long as you provide proper credits and you ask permission!
  • Using my work and claiming it your own will lead to reporting to XDA Administrators.
  • You can PM / email me if you have any difficulties figuring what's changed and where! I'll do my best to help you.

Features

• rebased to 4.18.401.2 props HTC OTA
  • Sense 5
  • Android Jellybean 4.2.2
  • Quick settings
  • Blinkfeed
  • new lockscreen style – widget
  • show battery level in status bar
  • added sleep mode in power settings
  • 12 quick settings tiles
  • ae / af lock feature / Lock Exposure / Focus
  • video highlights, 30 seconds show in 12 different themes
  • music channel visualization with live lyrics
  • rooted / unsecured boot.img
  • init.d support
  • busybox
  • advanced power menu (reboot to bootloader, recovery, hot reboot, safe reboot)
  • Prism (HTC Sense Launcher) Menu key support
  • android 4.3 font
  • android 4.3 window transition animations
  • optimized and stripped debugging and logging
  • optional CRT OFF animation
  • optional 30 steps volume mod
  • optional to disable persistent power save notification
  • optional to wake device by vol keys
  • optional keep nfc on while screen off
  • optional to disable fast dormancy
  • optional for disable exchange security
  • optional for enhanced mms ( light up screen on sms / mms receive)
  • full wwe
  • many many more

Download & Changelog

InsertCoin ROMs WEBSITE
I could implement some script to detect adblockers and block access if detected, but I'll rely on your honesty to disable adblockers for insertcoin-roms.org domain.*Are only Google ADS so no viruses or shady java scripts. They are not offensive and won't bother you or force you to click on them, but those ads will help me a lot. Thank you!

Special thanks to

• show-p1984
  • j4n87
  • LeeDroid
  • hamdir
  • franciscofranco
  • omniw0lf
  • snq-
  • mudhi
  • Ace
  • deagleone
  • europn
  • septik
  • blubbers
  • NRGZ28
  • Meltus
  • schoolsux
  • Scabes
  • MarcoHD
  • football
  • lyapota
  • shnizlon
  • team venom
  • wysiwyn
  • Dunc001
  • torxx
  • he_stheone64
  • jotha
  • acer73
  • Basil3
  • And everyone who contributed somehow to the dev community.If i forgot anyone please let me know.
InsertCoin Donors Hall of Fame

Coffee Contributions keep me awake at nights so I can cook faster and better ROMS

Last edited:

baadnewz

Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2008
Bucharest
insertcoin-roms.org
InsertCoin ArtWork

Users Signatures

insertcoin_sign_1.png

insertcoin_sign_2.png

insertcoin_sign_3.png

insertcoin_sign_4.png

Last edited:

plun

Jan 12, 2010
Sweden
Nice "baad".... Up and running ! :D

Testing... no basic issues found !

And.... "automagic" download from Google Play worked... I am lazy..;)

Reactions: hierophantis

shirreer

Mar 5, 2006
@BaadNewz

What a delightful surprise, Mr. Wizard is in the house!!!

I maybe able to help with the "No One X" situation ;) . Expect a PM.

Cheers, mate...

matmar

Aug 15, 2008
Hi baad,
Did you add removed 3... menu bar ?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

baadnewz

Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2008
Bucharest
insertcoin-roms.org
Great to have you on board baad. This is the rom i will be using when s-off appears or when i can't wait any longer.
At the moment it appears that your one s sensation port is more bug free than our stock 1.26 so it will be great to have your magic! :D

it's v1.0.1 so no magic yet :)) i'm glad it didn't add other bugs than the stock one :))

casca

Oct 3, 2006
Lisboa
Nice to see you are going the "X" way. Your work is awesome.

Will definitely be the 1st rom to test on my phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Requirements

Code:
    #include 
    /*
    * Unlocked Phone @ HTCDEV or S-OFF
    * Custom Recovery
    * Common Sense, Brains and logic
    */

License Agreement

By downloading and flashing InsertCoin Custom ROM for HTC ONE X you agree to the following:
    • Your warranty is now void.
    • I am NOT responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROMbefore flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    • Support is limited. I do this as a hobby in my free time. I'll do my best to help you if you state your problem in clear English, with as much information as you can (what mods you selected, have you wiped, when exactly does the error occur, what type of phone you have (ul, l , ws etc.), what carrier, logcat and so on. The more information you offer, easier for me to help you. If you do not ask for support in clear English and with no information what-so-ever I will ignore your issue!
    • Leave the self entitled customer attitude at the door. I am under NO obligation what-so-ever to do anything for you. If I do it is because I like helping people. Using custom work published on XDA is not a right, it is a privilege. If you think otherwise please read here. Or watch this video.
    • NO Requests! When I work on InsertCoin I have in mind that I have to satisfy all users to a decent level. What works for me might not work for you and vice versa . I'm not your personal ROM developer and it is not my job nor my intention to make everybody happy.
    • Do not come here asking "Hey mate, X rom has that awesome feature and if you don't implement it in your rom, I'll <insert whatever here>!" You flashed this ROM because you liked it at some point, if that change please stop using it.
    • Suggestions for improvements are always welcomed. As long as they are well documented and as long as you understand that NOT everything is possible.
    • NO ETAs! While I do my best to constantly work on the ROM to improve, *fix and add new features, again this is a hobby! There are periods when due real-life issues I can't spend too much time for InsertCoin! If this becomes an obligation passion fades and I might stop cooking the ROM

Sharing Policy

• Sharing is caring!
    • You are free to use this ROM or parts of it to fit your needs as long as you provide proper credits and you ask permission!
    • Using my work and claiming it your own will lead to reporting to XDA Administrators.
    • You can PM / email me if you have any difficulties figuring what's changed and where! I'll do my best to help you.

Features

• rebased to 4.18.401.2 props HTC OTA
    • Sense 5
    • Android Jellybean 4.2.2
    • Quick settings
    • Blinkfeed
    • new lockscreen style – widget
    • show battery level in status bar
    • added sleep mode in power settings
    • 12 quick settings tiles
    • ae / af lock feature / Lock Exposure / Focus
    • video highlights, 30 seconds show in 12 different themes
    • music channel visualization with live lyrics
    • rooted / unsecured boot.img
    • init.d support
    • busybox
    • advanced power menu (reboot to bootloader, recovery, hot reboot, safe reboot)
    • Prism (HTC Sense Launcher) Menu key support
    • android 4.3 font
    • android 4.3 window transition animations
    • optimized and stripped debugging and logging
    • optional CRT OFF animation
    • optional 30 steps volume mod
    • optional to disable persistent power save notification
    • optional to wake device by vol keys
    • optional keep nfc on while screen off
    • optional to disable fast dormancy
    • optional for disable exchange security
    • optional for enhanced mms ( light up screen on sms / mms receive)
    • full wwe
    • many many more

Download & Changelog

InsertCoin ROMs WEBSITE
    I could implement some script to detect adblockers and block access if detected, but I'll rely on your honesty to disable adblockers for insertcoin-roms.org domain.*Are only Google ADS so no viruses or shady java scripts. They are not offensive and won't bother you or force you to click on them, but those ads will help me a lot. Thank you!

Special thanks to

• show-p1984
    • j4n87
    • LeeDroid
    • hamdir
    • franciscofranco
    • omniw0lf
    • snq-
    • mudhi
    • Ace
    • deagleone
    • europn
    • septik
    • blubbers
    • NRGZ28
    • Meltus
    • schoolsux
    • Scabes
    • MarcoHD
    • football
    • lyapota
    • shnizlon
    • team venom
    • wysiwyn
    • Dunc001
    • torxx
    • he_stheone64
    • jotha
    • acer73
    • Basil3
    • And everyone who contributed somehow to the dev community.If i forgot anyone please let me know.
    InsertCoin Donors Hall of Fame

Coffee Contributions keep me awake at nights so I can cook faster and better ROMS
    InsertCoin Extras

reserved
    InsertCoin ArtWork

Users Signatures

insertcoin_sign_1.png

insertcoin_sign_2.png

insertcoin_sign_3.png

insertcoin_sign_4.png

I really hope that it's just a joke.
    But maybe it has something to do with his illness?

Best wishes

nop. i'm not ill - yes i had some small issues but don't think i'm unable to work

i decided to step back for a while. maybe doing this and not being pressured to update / release / fix / offer support /port/ adapt , i'll find some inspiration and time to cook / develop something better / different / new.

at this point i brought nothing new, is a stock rom, improved and tweaked, optimized with mods/ hacks made by others. on every base update i port / adapt others works to work on new base but just that.

the improvements in terms of speed and battery i make to roms are the ones i developed over time since Desire , so nothing really new on that front either.

I hope by stepping back i'll find the time to make something new or different something with the "wow" effect. if i manage to do that rest assure, i will share with you my friends and fans. but is a big "IF"
    JellyBean ROM

Firmware:

http://d-h.st/F6R

ROM:

http://d-h.st/xQ0

WARNING

To boot the ROM needs the new firmware

The new firmware can be flashed with the following method

1. relock you device.
    2. start you phone
    3. adb reboot oem-78 for cmd
    4. fastboot flash zip firmware.zip

Firmware will only flash on the phones with the following CID
    cidnum: HTC__001
    cidnum: HTC__E11
    cidnum: HTC__203
    cidnum: HTC__102
    cidnum: HTC__405
    cidnum: HTC__Y13
    cidnum: HTC__A07
    cidnum: HTC__304
    cidnum: HTC__M27
    cidnum: HTC__032
    cidnum: HTC__016
    cidnum: HTC__J15

4.a. after you run 1st time you'll see " FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)" . DO NOT PANIC

4.b run again fastboot flash zip firmware.zip. now it should say successful

5. after you see successfully in cmd prompt - unlock your phone again
    6. reboot to bootloader.
    7. flash custom recovery
    8. flash boot.img from rom zip
    9. boot in recovery
    10. flash the rom
    11. boot the rom and install supersu from market coz i forgot to add it
    12. profit

AGAIN PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO CIDs, if cid is no match, no firmware, no jellybean.

ALSO THE HBOOT ONCE UPDATED CANT BE DOWNGRADED! so you wont be able to flash any RUUs (you will be able to flash the JB Final ruu when it comes out

ONE MORE: I dont know if ICS roms will still work with the new hboot (according to football they don't), if they don't your busted. you stay with JB :)

BOTTOM LINE, flashing the firmware is a one way trip. once updated your updated you cant downgrade so make sure this is what you want!.

I'm no responsible for bricked phones. You do it on your own RISK