Ask a question

No registration required

OtterBox Commuter Case Warranty?

OP Visi0nofExcellence2

23rd March 2012, 03:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26

475 posts
Ive had my Otterbox Commuter case for about 1 year and a couple of months; ever since I got my G2. Well today I was removing the case to clean my G2 and the top part of the case near the power button just broke off.

So is the case still in warranty? Ive been hearing mixed views that Otterbox has a lifetime warranty and others saying its only 1 year now. So whats the deal?
24th March 2012, 04:53 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 236

1,070 posts
More
Shoot them an email and ask, their customer service is pretty good. All I had to do was say it broke, send them a picture of the case, and my return address. Got the replacement in about a week.
24th March 2012, 12:31 PM   |  #3  
Flag The Borders
Thanks Meter: 1,935

2,282 posts
Donate to Me
More
Good customer service, only problem is that they no longer make the case so getting a replacement may be a problem
8th April 2012, 05:43 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26

475 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombadier

Good customer service, only problem is that they no longer make the case so getting a replacement may be a problem

You were right. They were willing to replace the case under warranty but they didn't have any in stock since it was discontinued. So Im out of luck.
10th April 2012, 08:25 PM   |  #5  
Flag The Borders
Thanks Meter: 1,935

2,282 posts
Donate to Me
More
Well at very least they will give you a voucher up to the value of the commuter,either hold onto it until you get a new phone or score some points by getting a quality case for that special person in your life
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread