5,595,196 Members 45,670 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OtterBox Commuter Case Warranty?

Tip us?

Visi0nofExcellence2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default OtterBox Commuter Case Warranty?

Ive had my Otterbox Commuter case for about 1 year and a couple of months; ever since I got my G2. Well today I was removing the case to clean my G2 and the top part of the case near the power button just broke off.

So is the case still in warranty? Ive been hearing mixed views that Otterbox has a lifetime warranty and others saying its only 1 year now. So whats the deal?

Nospin
Old
Thanks Meter 236
Shoot them an email and ask, their customer service is pretty good. All I had to do was say it broke, send them a picture of the case, and my return address. Got the replacement in about a week.

bombadier
Old
Thanks Meter 1636

DONATE TO ME
Good customer service, only problem is that they no longer make the case so getting a replacement may be a problem

Visi0nofExcellence2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombadier View Post
Good customer service, only problem is that they no longer make the case so getting a replacement may be a problem
You were right. They were willing to replace the case under warranty but they didn't have any in stock since it was discontinued. So Im out of luck.

bombadier
Old
Thanks Meter 1636

DONATE TO ME
Well at very least they will give you a voucher up to the value of the commuter,either hold onto it until you get a new phone or score some points by getting a quality case for that special person in your life