Ask a question

No registration required

MicroSDHC not recognized...

OP ic3blitz

8th April 2012, 03:37 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
When i got this tablet, it came with a 16 GB Lexar Micro SDHC card. The only problem is that my TF-101 doesn't recognize it even though it says preparing External Storage. I have a SD card adapter, but idk if it will work with a SDHC, so idk if I can format it to Fat32. Any ways to solve this?
8th April 2012, 06:02 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 409

941 posts
Plug it into a PC if you can, and check what filesystem its formatted as. Then try reformat it to fat32.

And just to clarify, the "HC" part in SDHC simply stands for "High Capacity", which generally means SD cards larger than 2GB.

Some devices can have issues with certain SDHC cards (like my Wii and my N7B), but to my knowledge TF101 is not one of those devices.

Of course, that said, that doesnt mean some weird china-knockoff brand will work, but Lexar isnt that bad and shouldnt pose any issues imo.

So uh, yea, try reformatting it to fat32.
8th April 2012, 09:59 PM   |  #3  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 42

150 posts
More
I've several MicroSD cards. One of them, a 16GB one, is unable to work with TF using internal slot. The card works in my PC under Linux and/or Win7, but NOT in TF using internal slot. If I plug an external SD reader in the dock USB port, card is read without any problem.
Of course my other cards work like a charm with internal slot. Why? I don't know.
My solution: use this 'special' SD microUSB card in other device and buy a new one with my TF.
9th April 2012, 05:41 PM   |  #4  
Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 50

168 posts
My Lexar 32gb class 10 quit working suddenly as well...the past couple of days it has not been recognized when in the micro SD slot BUT when I put it in an adapter and insert it in my dock it will work just fine. The only thing I have changed was update to the latest OC ICS kernels...wonder if that's the issue?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread