Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,471 Members 40,748 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MicroSDHC not recognized...

Tip us?

ic3blitz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default MicroSDHC not recognized...

When i got this tablet, it came with a 16 GB Lexar Micro SDHC card. The only problem is that my TF-101 doesn't recognize it even though it says preparing External Storage. I have a SD card adapter, but idk if it will work with a SDHC, so idk if I can format it to Fat32. Any ways to solve this?

Goatshocker
Old
Thanks Meter 408
Plug it into a PC if you can, and check what filesystem its formatted as. Then try reformat it to fat32.

And just to clarify, the "HC" part in SDHC simply stands for "High Capacity", which generally means SD cards larger than 2GB.

Some devices can have issues with certain SDHC cards (like my Wii and my N7B), but to my knowledge TF101 is not one of those devices.

Of course, that said, that doesnt mean some weird china-knockoff brand will work, but Lexar isnt that bad and shouldnt pose any issues imo.

So uh, yea, try reformatting it to fat32.
Quick ADB Pusher v0.5 (discontinued)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone(ancient junk): ZTE Blade some CM11 build
Tablet 7": Novo 7 Basic running stock HC 3.2.1
Tablet 10": ASUS Transformer TF101 16GB running Team EOS nightly (build 26)

Phone(new): HTC One S S4 running Dark Jelly S CM10 build23
Phone(junk): Xperia P running resurrection remix or Honami MW
Phone(Newest): Galaxy S4 Mini running slimKat
-----
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U NO THANK ME? ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

inigoml
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I've several MicroSD cards. One of them, a 16GB one, is unable to work with TF using internal slot. The card works in my PC under Linux and/or Win7, but NOT in TF using internal slot. If I plug an external SD reader in the dock USB port, card is read without any problem.
Of course my other cards work like a charm with internal slot. Why? I don't know.
My solution: use this 'special' SD microUSB card in other device and buy a new one with my TF.

Koserman
Old
Thanks Meter 49
My Lexar 32gb class 10 quit working suddenly as well...the past couple of days it has not been recognized when in the micro SD slot BUT when I put it in an adapter and insert it in my dock it will work just fine. The only thing I have changed was update to the latest OC ICS kernels...wonder if that's the issue?