Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 44,033 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[I815/P6800/P6810] CyanogenMod 9 (08/12/2012)

Tip us?
 
emprize
Old
#111  
emprize's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 122
Posts: 1,237
Join Date: Jan 2007

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanamlappi View Post
Ok thanks. I understand but without Internet conection i have no Chance To get a file Manager on it. So i cant installed any apps

Sent from my GT-P6800 using XDA Premium HD app
grab the apk and copy the file to /data/app, reboot and u will like installed in the device
 
stefanamlappi
Old
#112  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 92
Join Date: May 2006
Cool thanks for the Information:) but i have to wait for any Internet conection to see some apps running

Sent from my GT-P6800 using XDA Premium HD app
 
questionmark
Old
#113  
questionmark's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 92
Posts: 138
Join Date: May 2005
Location: leiden
Quote:
Originally Posted by locerra View Post
Instructions to build (all blocks of code start from the root of the cm directory).
  1. setup build system (plenty of guides on how to do this)
  2. clone the ics branch of the cyanogenmod repository (plenty of guides for this as well)
  3. clone device trees:
    Code:
    $ cd device/samsung
    $ git clone git@github.com:ohanar/android_device_samsung_c210-common.git c210-common
    $ git clone git@github.com:ohanar/android_device_samsung_p6800.git p6800    # if building for the p6800
    $ git clone git@github.com:ohanar/android_device_samsung_p6810.git p6810    # if building for the p6810
  4. patch cm:
    Code:
    $ cd frameworks/base
    $ git fetch http://review.cyanogenmod.com/p/CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base refs/changes/44/14544/1 && git checkout FETCH_HEAD
    $ cd ../../hardware/samsung
    $ git fetch http://review.cyanogenmod.com/p/CyanogenMod/android_hardware_samsung refs/changes/27/14427/1 && git checkout FETCH_HEAD
  5. extract proprietary files:
    Code:
    $ . build/envsetup.sh
    $ cd device/samsung/p6800    # if building for the p6800
    $ cd device/samsung/p6810    # if building for the p6810
    $ ./extract-files.sh
  6. build (will take a long time):
    Code:
    $ . build/envsetup.sh
    $ brunch p6800    # if building for the p6800
    $ brunch p6810    # if building for the p6810
Many thanks for this locerra. About to give it a try. Sorry if this is RTFG (reading google) but I'm at the point of extracting proprietary files. I just have adb working on my VirtualBox. The possibly stupid question being: must I have your CM9 ROM installed to get them right? I read this is the case of other CM9 custom ROM build. The question being
-can I use the one of the stock HC 3.2?
-If not just by curiosity what did the people creating the first build actually used?

I'd like to get wifi going or help test here, I read you are busy testing some suggestion. If you want me to test thing or any other people once I successfully generate the ROM, please let me know

Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisike View Post

Building from source is a pain with VirtualBox (believe me i know). Building ICS for GT8.9 takes more then 4 hours for me. I have a dual core AMD with 4GB memory. Thats why i don't really want to build for GT7.7, it takes so long to change something, build and then test.

About building for GT7.7. First you need to somehow get the proprietary files. I can't get adb to work with VirtualBox,
Yes seems to be long, for me it took about more than 1h30 but less than 2 hours on Kindlefire testing build.

I got adb working on VirtualBox 4.1.12 on WIN7 64 bit host with Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-4.1.12-77245 installed. I attach the Android[400] USB device right at the setting of the VM and enabled USB2
 
locerra
Old
#114  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,017
Posts: 335
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Seattle

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by questionmark View Post
-can I use the one of the stock HC 3.2?
you can (although, there may be one file that it complains about -- I think I need to remove that one)
Quote:
I'd like to get wifi going or help test here, I read you are busy testing some suggestion.
Testing won't really help that much -- there is too much broken to worry about the smaller details. The main issue right now with wifi is that the kernel refuses to load modules (of any sort). I haven't really been working on that very much since I would rather use the smdk4210 kernel (the kernel that is used for the galaxys2 cm port), since there are a lot of optimizations and fixes already there -- unfortunately, that kernel doesn't yet work on the tab.
The Following User Says Thank You to locerra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
questionmark
Old
(Last edited by questionmark; 8th April 2012 at 02:59 PM.)
#115  
questionmark's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 92
Posts: 138
Join Date: May 2005
Location: leiden
Quote:
Originally Posted by locerra View Post
Testing won't really help that much
Ok many thanks locerra. At the point when it makes sense testing stuff let me know and be happy to help.
I finally got to compile it and it took 2h30 on a VirtualBox machine and could install and boot fine the resulting
update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-p6800-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip with of course same things working and not working as your build.

Cheers
 
maconsultant
Old
#116  
maconsultant's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 75
Posts: 432
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York
Default Git hub ssh key error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locerra View Post
Instructions to build (all blocks of code start from the root of the cm directory).
  1. setup build system (plenty of guides on how to do this)
  2. clone the ics branch of the cyanogenmod repository (plenty of guides for this as well)
  3. clone device trees:
    Code:
    $ cd device/samsung
    $ git clone git@github.com:ohanar/android_device_samsung_c210-common.git c210-common
    $ git clone git@github.com:ohanar/android_device_samsung_p6800.git p6800    # if building for the p6800
    $ git clone git@github.com:ohanar/android_device_samsung_p6810.git p6810    # if building for the p6810
  4. patch cm:
    Code:
    $ cd frameworks/base
    $ git fetch http://review.cyanogenmod.com/p/CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base refs/changes/44/14544/1 && git checkout FETCH_HEAD
    $ cd ../../hardware/samsung
    $ git fetch http://review.cyanogenmod.com/p/CyanogenMod/android_hardware_samsung refs/changes/27/14427/1 && git checkout FETCH_HEAD
  5. extract proprietary files:
    Code:
    $ . build/envsetup.sh
    $ cd device/samsung/p6800    # if building for the p6800
    $ cd device/samsung/p6810    # if building for the p6810
    $ ./extract-files.sh
  6. build (will take a long time):
    Code:
    $ . build/envsetup.sh
    $ brunch p6800    # if building for the p6800
    $ brunch p6810    # if building for the p6810
locerra, when i follow your instructions on getting the files needed from the github portal i get a ssh key verification failure.. i have removed the ssh key from the known hosts file and tried a second time and still get the same error.. How can i access the files..? Please advise.. Thanks
 
questionmark
Old
(Last edited by questionmark; 8th April 2012 at 06:41 PM.)
#117  
questionmark's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 92
Posts: 138
Join Date: May 2005
Location: leiden
Quote:
Originally Posted by maconsultant View Post
locerra, when i follow your instructions on getting the files needed from the github portal i get a ssh key verification failure.. i have removed the ssh key from the known hosts file and tried a second time and still get the same error.. How can i access the files..? Please advise.. Thanks

got the same issue, doing this from poisike did it for me it seems

as I use 3g:

git clone git://github.com/ohanar/android_device_samsung_p6800.git p6800

git clone git://github.com/ohanar/android_device_samsung_c210-common.git c210-common

also before actual building

execute
/CM9/vendor/cm/get-prebuilts

if not then this error

*** No rule to make target `vendor/cm/proprietary/RomManager.apk', needed


HTH
 
locerra
Old
#118  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,017
Posts: 335
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Seattle

 
DONATE TO ME
yup, the address I gave you there is what I use (since I'm also pushing stuff back up), and yes, I forgot about the prebuilts. I've updated the build instructions accordingly
 
maconsultant
Old
#119  
maconsultant's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 75
Posts: 432
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York
So it seems to be building now.. If it boots like the original DP1 (Alpha) I will see what I can do on any out standing issues. Many thanks to the OP.
CURRENT DEVICES

Nexus 5 | HAMMERHEAD | 32GB | Stock 4.4
Nexus 7 LTE | DEB | 32GB | Stock 4.4

OTHER DEVICES

HP TouchPad 4G | 32GB | WiFi+3G (Unlocked) | Stock WebOS - SELLING
 
poisike
Old
#120  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 240
Posts: 1,141
Join Date: Jun 2009
Locerra: I extracted your P6800 zImage and its initramfs seem to be missing radio related things, so that's probably why it doesn't see the radio.
LG Nexus 5 (Stock Android 4.4.2) x2
Asus Nexus 7 (Stock Android 4.4)
Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Android 4.4.2)
Asus Nexus 7 4G 2013 (Stock Android 4.4.2)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 3G (Stock Android 4.1.2)
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 3G (Stock Android 4.1.2)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes