5,603,646 Members 36,961 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Free Samsung Keyboard Dock with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 tablet $349 @ BestBuy.com

Tip us?

coughee
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Picked mine up at Best Buy today along with the keyboard dock. They said it was an online only deal, so I tried to have it sent to store for pick up and for some reason that wasn't working.

I asked to speak to a manager, as the young lady behind the desk didn't have the authority to approve the transaction. Ended up walking out of the store with my tablet and dock for the price of the online deal. They are very friendly at Best Buy. Just talked to them like human beings and be rational. I've seen some idiots speaking to managers saying "This is ridiculous!!!!" That never works.

triften
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I took advantage of this offer from Best Buy. Made the purchase online and picked it up at my local retailer the next day.

Interestingly, when I left the store and got back into my car I noticed the salesperson had given me the 8.9 keyboard dock with the 10.1 tablet! I took it back in for the 8.9 tablet, though. The slightly smaller 8.9 is way better IMO, as I can actually palm it in portrait mode.

superstargoddess
Old
Thanks Meter 96

DONATE TO ME
Got my Tab today, I was a day late for this offer, I was pissssssed!

Bateluer
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by coughee View Post
Picked mine up at Best Buy today along with the keyboard dock. They said it was an online only deal, so I tried to have it sent to store for pick up and for some reason that wasn't working.

I asked to speak to a manager, as the young lady behind the desk didn't have the authority to approve the transaction. Ended up walking out of the store with my tablet and dock for the price of the online deal. They are very friendly at Best Buy. Just talked to them like human beings and be rational. I've seen some idiots speaking to managers saying "This is ridiculous!!!!" That never works.
I spoke with a manager myself when I saw they had the docks on the shelf. They denied me, but I didn't push very hard and my dock was slated to arrive in two days anyway.

Edit - The dock is nice, but I think Samsung could have put an sd card slot and some ports on the damn thing, considering it has an 80 dollar price tag. :P

Priv1776
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks OP for letting me know about the deal. I bought my wife the 8.9, which gives us two. I didn't fully explain how I got a keyboard, LOL. Just that her tablet was $50 less than mine,

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk

calanthe42
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I bought this on Best Buy web site last week and the keyboard automatically added to order for free. But I just got an email that the keyboard is back ordered with no date to expect it. Still, a good deal on the Tab and they will eventually get the keyboard (I hope.) Love the Tab...better than the 7 Plus I had for 2 weeks. (except for lack of sd slot.)

Bateluer
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by calanthe42 View Post
I bought this on Best Buy web site last week and the keyboard automatically added to order for free. But I just got an email that the keyboard is back ordered with no date to expect it. Still, a good deal on the Tab and they will eventually get the keyboard (I hope.) Love the Tab...better than the 7 Plus I had for 2 weeks. (except for lack of sd slot.)
If you got an email that the dock was back ordered, it might be worth the effort to press a manager at your local BB for a dock if they have them on shelves.

triften
Old
Thanks Meter 2
For what it's worth, not all of the keyboard functions are compatible with custom ROMs, and you won't want to stay on stock GB for long.

Sent from my GT-P7310