Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,798 Members 48,964 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KITCHEN+ROMS][WWE][Jun.28.2010] WM6.5.1 23504 - WM6.5.5 23569 M2D Blue Re-Visit

Tip us?

Nube84
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to change the URL for htc accuweather?

Hi,
since a few days the weather app in the rom is unable to retrieve any data. I have read that htc may have changed the url and that you should change it in the registry. But i can not find any url values for the weather app in my registry. Can you help me fix the problem? Sorry for my bad english!!

SuperSport
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 429

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nube84 View Post
Hi,
since a few days the weather app in the rom is unable to retrieve any data. I have read that htc may have changed the url and that you should change it in the registry. But i can not find any url values for the weather app in my registry. Can you help me fix the problem? Sorry for my bad english!!
Do you know what the new URL is? I'll see what I can find to change it.
Tablet: Lenovo IdeaPad Lynx w Win Blue
Current: Nokia Lumia 1020
MediaFire Share - Mostly Windows Mobile
MEGA Share - Mostly Android
Disclaimer: By using any Files, Packages, Cabs, ROMs, Knowledge, etc, that I share, you are doing so at your own risk. Go Ahead, Live on the Edge!

53 75 70 65 72 53 70 6f 72 74 HEX

karmangul
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi Nube,

I had the same problem. The URL had been changed. In another forum I found a solution that solved it.
You need to add the following key to your registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila\Weather.Serv erURLOverride=h.t. t.p.://htc.accuweather.com/widget/htc/forecast-data_v3.asp?ac=TR2cra9U&locCode=%25ls

Of course without the dots in h.t.t.p. (the website does not allow me to post outside links.
The Following User Says Thank You to karmangul For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nube84
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport View Post
Do you know what the new URL is? I'll see what I can find to change it.
The URL is : h.t.t.p://htc.accuweather.com/widget/htc/forecast-data_v3.asp?ac=TR2cra9U&locCode=%25ls

same as above: without the points between h.t.t.p!

I already tried to write the key in the registry in HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila but it still doesnt work.

THX for your help!

karmangul
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi Nube

I had added the key with Mobile Registry Editor (freeware). In the registry this looks as in the attached screenshot. You will have to reboot the device before it can download data from Accuweather.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Key.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	938062  

SuperSport
Old
Thanks Meter 429

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmangul View Post
Hi Nube,

I had the same problem. The URL had been changed. In another forum I found a solution that solved it.
You need to add the following key to your registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila\Weather.Serv erURLOverride=h.t. t.p.://htc.accuweather.com/widget/htc/forecast-data_v3.asp?ac=TR2cra9U&locCode=%25ls

Of course without the dots in h.t.t.p. (the website does not allow me to post outside links.
Thank you for your help! I'm planning on creating a CAB file to install the changes, but I cannot find my WinCE Cabmanager installer anywhere. When I find it, I'll get something posted.
Disclaimer: By using any Files, Packages, Cabs, ROMs, Knowledge, etc, that I share, you are doing so at your own risk. Go Ahead, Live on the Edge!

leon1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks Thanks

SuperSport
Old
Thanks Meter 429

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thank you for your help! I'm planning on creating a CAB file to install the changes, but I cannot find my WinCE Cabmanager installer anywhere. When I find it, I'll get something posted.
I've attempted making the changes listed above, but they don't seem to work on this ROM. If I run into something else that works, I'll try to create a CAB for it.

Nube84
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I've attempted making the changes listed above, but they don't seem to work on this ROM. If I run into something else that works, I'll try to create a CAB for it.
That would be nice. I still havenīt found a solution.

disaster2009
Old
Thanks Meter 17
HI long time i dont post in this topic
i dont have now my trinity
good updates Super sports
HTC HD2 & HTC WILDFIRE S

The Following User Says Thank You to disaster2009 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
23504, 23569, kitchen, m2d, rom