Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,847 Members 52,996 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

new TF201 keyboard dock

Tip us?

neo1738
Old
Thanks Meter 50
almost wonder if storing tab and dock separately for things like travel and transport would be a better (safer) idea.

stanglifemike
Old
Thanks Meter 423
My local Best Buy and surrounding locations all have them in stock. I bought one a week ago just to try out when though I didn't think I would care for it. I tried it a couple times an then returned it to Best Buy. It is very very nice!! If I was in college or didn't have a new laptop that I love them I am sure I would have kept it. If any one is around the Atlanta Georgia area them check local Best Buy stores, plenty of docks in this area, no tablets though....

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
Main Phone: White Samsung Note 3 + 64GB card
Other Phone: White HTC Evo 4G LTE
Main Tablet: Asus Infinity 32GB Internal + 64GB card
Main Tablet: 2013 Nexus 7 32GB

98 GT: Lots of bolt-ons, suspension, exhaust.
06 GT: Vortech supercharger 10 lbs boost, full suspension, exhaust, too much to list here
Both purchased new and all mods done by me

chefdave12118
Old
Thanks Meter 1,347

DONATE TO ME
OP, how much?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Felixpau86
Old
Thanks Meter 39
None in Toronto been trying to find one for a week

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

wokka00
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Wow. No one read the OP.

If you add rubber bumpers, it's probably safer to transport docked. If not, there's some suspicion that docked transport could potentially cause the glass to crack, although I don't think that's been confirmed as the actual cause just yet. Transporting separately, I'm not sure that you'd necessarily benefit - the bulk is at least the same, if not greater, and you'll have to pack them separately to avoid having the hinge scratch the glass.
VZW LG G2 (stock) // EDC
2013 Nexus 7 32GB (stock) // EDC
VZW Galaxy Nexus (AOKP) // retired -- alarm clock radio
2012 Nexus 7 (AOKP) [sold]
Asus TF201 Transformer Prime [sold]
Motorola Droid X (VxL) [retired & boxed]

almightywhacko
Old
(Last edited by almightywhacko; 13th April 2012 at 11:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 111

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wokka00 View Post
Wow. No one read the OP.

If you add rubber bumpers, it's probably safer to transport docked. If not, there's some suspicion that docked transport could potentially cause the glass to crack, although I don't think that's been confirmed as the actual cause just yet. Transporting separately, I'm not sure that you'd necessarily benefit - the bulk is at least the same, if not greater, and you'll have to pack them separately to avoid having the hinge scratch the glass.
I have been using my Prime with the dock since early last December and my Prime is fine. I carry this thing everywhere, work, home when I travel on vacation, etc.

After reading all the anecdotal reports of Prime screens cracking, I think the real issue with the people whose screens cracked is that the Prime's backplate is slightly warped, which puts stress on the screen. If the glass is stressed long enough any bump could lead to a crack. Probably closing the lid, or pressing the slightly warped Prime against the keyboard dock was enough to stress the glass and cause a break.

As for the real intent of the thread:

Officedepot still has them in stock. As far as I can see they have had the most consistent stock of both Prime's Docks & other accessories. I don't know if they ship to Canada though.

http://www.officedepot.com/catalog/s...key=&Ntt=tf201

richboi3592
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default tf201 dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixpau86 View Post
None in Toronto been trying to find one for a week

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
I would try provantage
They have them on special order though so its hard to judge how long it will take but they're at a good price

wokka00
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywhacko View Post
I have been using my Prime with the dock since early last December and my Prime is fine. I carry this thing everywhere, work, home when I travel on vacation, etc.

After reading all the anecdotal reports of Prime screens cracking, I think the real issue with the people whose screens cracked is that the Prime's backplate is slightly warped, which puts stress on the screen. If the glass is stressed long enough any bump could lead to a crack. Probably closing the lid, or pressing the slightly warped Prime against the keyboard dock was enough to stress the glass and cause a break.

As for the real intent of the thread:

Officedepot still has them in stock. As far as I can see they have had the most consistent stock of both Prime's Docks & other accessories. I don't know if they ship to Canada though.

http://www.officedepot.com/catalog/s...key=&Ntt=tf201
Hah, whoops. Started reading on the second page, not the first.
VZW LG G2 (stock) // EDC
2013 Nexus 7 32GB (stock) // EDC
VZW Galaxy Nexus (AOKP) // retired -- alarm clock radio
2012 Nexus 7 (AOKP) [sold]
Asus TF201 Transformer Prime [sold]
Motorola Droid X (VxL) [retired & boxed]

Keion
Old
Thanks Meter 350

DONATE TO ME
>>>/marketplace/

Tags