Ask a question

No registration required

new TF201 keyboard dock

OP WhateverGetsTheJobDone

8th April 2012, 03:09 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 50

367 posts
More
almost wonder if storing tab and dock separately for things like travel and transport would be a better (safer) idea.
9th April 2012, 06:25 AM   |  #12  
Flag outside of ATL, GA
Thanks Meter: 441

2,993 posts
More
My local Best Buy and surrounding locations all have them in stock. I bought one a week ago just to try out when though I didn't think I would care for it. I tried it a couple times an then returned it to Best Buy. It is very very nice!! If I was in college or didn't have a new laptop that I love them I am sure I would have kept it. If any one is around the Atlanta Georgia area them check local Best Buy stores, plenty of docks in this area, no tablets though....

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
9th April 2012, 04:04 PM   |  #13  
Flag Mechanicville
Thanks Meter: 1,356

5,656 posts
Donate to Me
More
OP, how much?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
12th April 2012, 08:33 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 40

256 posts
None in Toronto been trying to find one for a week

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
13th April 2012, 11:01 PM   |  #15  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 7

109 posts
More
Wow. No one read the OP.

If you add rubber bumpers, it's probably safer to transport docked. If not, there's some suspicion that docked transport could potentially cause the glass to crack, although I don't think that's been confirmed as the actual cause just yet. Transporting separately, I'm not sure that you'd necessarily benefit - the bulk is at least the same, if not greater, and you'll have to pack them separately to avoid having the hinge scratch the glass.
13th April 2012, 11:57 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 111

492 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wokka00

Wow. No one read the OP.

If you add rubber bumpers, it's probably safer to transport docked. If not, there's some suspicion that docked transport could potentially cause the glass to crack, although I don't think that's been confirmed as the actual cause just yet. Transporting separately, I'm not sure that you'd necessarily benefit - the bulk is at least the same, if not greater, and you'll have to pack them separately to avoid having the hinge scratch the glass.

I have been using my Prime with the dock since early last December and my Prime is fine. I carry this thing everywhere, work, home when I travel on vacation, etc.

After reading all the anecdotal reports of Prime screens cracking, I think the real issue with the people whose screens cracked is that the Prime's backplate is slightly warped, which puts stress on the screen. If the glass is stressed long enough any bump could lead to a crack. Probably closing the lid, or pressing the slightly warped Prime against the keyboard dock was enough to stress the glass and cause a break.

As for the real intent of the thread:

Officedepot still has them in stock. As far as I can see they have had the most consistent stock of both Prime's Docks & other accessories. I don't know if they ship to Canada though.

http://www.officedepot.com/catalog/s...key=&Ntt=tf201
Last edited by almightywhacko; 14th April 2012 at 12:01 AM.
14th April 2012, 12:30 AM   |  #17  
Flag Washington, DC
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
tf201 dock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixpau86

None in Toronto been trying to find one for a week

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

I would try provantage
They have them on special order though so its hard to judge how long it will take but they're at a good price
14th April 2012, 04:09 AM   |  #18  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 7

109 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywhacko

I have been using my Prime with the dock since early last December and my Prime is fine. I carry this thing everywhere, work, home when I travel on vacation, etc.

After reading all the anecdotal reports of Prime screens cracking, I think the real issue with the people whose screens cracked is that the Prime's backplate is slightly warped, which puts stress on the screen. If the glass is stressed long enough any bump could lead to a crack. Probably closing the lid, or pressing the slightly warped Prime against the keyboard dock was enough to stress the glass and cause a break.

As for the real intent of the thread:

Officedepot still has them in stock. As far as I can see they have had the most consistent stock of both Prime's Docks & other accessories. I don't know if they ship to Canada though.

http://www.officedepot.com/catalog/s...key=&Ntt=tf201

Hah, whoops. Started reading on the second page, not the first.
16th April 2012, 08:54 AM   |  #19  
Flag Danville, California
Thanks Meter: 350

1,312 posts
Donate to Me
More
>>>/marketplace/

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
for sale, marketplace, transformer prime keyboard
Previous Thread Next Thread