[APP]Klaxon 2.0 - OPEN SOURCE - G-Sensor and Light Sensor Enabled Alarm Clock (11/17)

Search This thread

Koush

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 21, 2007
counter.png.php
AppToDate users

Klaxon Home Page

If anyone experiences a bug with Klaxon, please post a description of the bug, steps to reproduce the problem, and attach the \Program Files\Klaxon\Klaxon.txt file to the post.

If any developer wants to take over this project, please contact me via a PM!

TO DO:
  • Support for multiple languages.
  • Looking for more ideas to help improve this application!

Version 2.0.0.29
  • Updated Klaxon to support Samsung Light Sensor
  • Fixed issue with device not waking up from sleep to sound alarm.

Version 2.0.0.24
  • Re-enabled the code that forcibly removes the Windows alarm (May cause issues with some phones).
Please use the regular download link or AppToDate (did not make a blog entry about this minor change).

Version 2.0.0.23
  • Removed the upper right default "ok" button from the OpenFileDialog. This prevents users from hitting Ok and closing the dialog when no file has been selected.
  • Reverted previous change to "dismiss" Windows alarms. This was causing issues on mine and other devices in that the Klaxon Alarm would never show up. In its place, Klaxon now prevents Windows Alarms from flashing, playing sound, or vibrating. The notification will still show up, but at least not it is completely benign.
  • You can no longer hit the Off or Snooze buttons while the phone's screen is powered off.
  • Klaxon will no longer start the OpenFileDialog in the Windows directory to prevent the device from hanging while all the files are listed.
  • Fixed Daylight Savings Bug!
I'm also looking for someone to design a skin or two for Klaxon, as well as a new icon! Please contact me if you are interested!

Version 2.0.0.21
  • Fixed crash bug that would happen when browsing a directory filled with many sound files.
  • Changed the Klaxon icon to something nicer looking. (Requires restart, Windows Mobile caches icons)
  • The OpenFileDialog now shows the appropriate size folder icon for your resolution.

Version 2.0.0.20
  • Added Volume control option for alarm under Settings.
  • Fixed intermittent bug where Samsung G-Sensor exception went uncaught, causing an exception.

Version 2.0.0.19
  • When integrating with Home Screen, Klaxon now cancels all Windows alarms upon firing an alarm.
  • Turning off the screen when snoozing is now an option in settings.
  • Klaxon will now ask for confirmation if you try to create or edit an alarm that is set as disabled. Some users were accidentally disabling the alarm and pressing OK, and the alarm would obviously not go off.

Version 2.0.0.17
  • Skinning support implemented, sample skins will be released soon.
  • Completely stripped out the old Klaxon UI design and added QVGA support for the new skinnable UI.
  • Fixed bugs related to the new feature that allows you to disable sensors while snoozed.

Download and extract the new TestSkin into \Program Files\Klaxon\TestSkin to use as a base to create your own skins. TestSkin looks exactly like the default Klaxon skin.
If you want to install the TestSkin, your directory structure should look like this image:
http://koushikdutta.blurryfox.com/KlaxonDirectoryStructure.jpg

Version 2.0.0.11
  • Added options to disable each sensor action while snoozed. For example, if your Flip action snoozes your phone, and you don't want to let it resnooze while snoozing (by just picking up your phone in some cases), check this box!
  • Added the ability to select a Windows Media Player playlist. You can find playlists in your \Playlists or \Internal Storage\Playlists folders. You can use Windows Media Player on your desktop to create and sync playlists.
  • When you snooze your device, the screen is automatically turned off to save power.
  • The default sound file is now \Windows\Alarm5.wav. It is not configurable in the UI yet, but you can configure it manually setting the \HKCU\Software\Klaxon\DefaultSoundFile value in the registry. (It does not exist by default, but Klaxon will use it if it is there.)

Version 2.0.0.9
  • Implemented About Box
  • Implemented the Snooze countdown on the alarm form.
  • On the Alarm List form, days that are not scheduled to start the alarm are now a darker color than they were before.
  • Fixed bug where deleting all the alarms would not remove the alarm from the TouchFlo Home Screen.
  • Fixed the sound looping bug once and for all! Found a not so well documented "loop" API hidden off the WindowsMediaPlayer.settings.setMode method.
  • Fixed bug where seconds showed up on the alarms in the list form and the alarm itself.

Version 2.0.0.6
  • Implemented new skin for the actual Alarm form.
  • Implemented 24 hour mode (on the reskinned version only)
  • Possibly fixed bug where wav files were not looping.
  • Fixed bug where editing alarms that took place on the noon or midnight hours were bugged.
  • Vibrations are now 150 and 300 ms instead of 500ms.
  • Windows Alarms are now schedule with no sound, so all the user may see is a notification (if Home Screen integration is enabled)
  • Fixed bug where One Time alarms did not show up on the Home Screen.

Version 2.0.0.5
  • If you have a 480x640+ screen, you will see the new UI. It's pretty. Still have to skin the alarm form, but besides that, it is done.
  • Possibly fixed bug where Klaxon would stay resident in memory.
  • The number controls are now gesture based: you can flick them and they will scroll through their range quite rapidly!
  • You can now preview the alarm using the play button. (Only available in the new UI)

Using Klaxon is pretty straightforward; it's more or less like the standard Clocks and Alarms application.

You can download Klaxon from my website.

Last edited:

surur

Nov 29, 2003
Can you make the time the light goes on configurable (15 seconds seems too short).

Surur

Jorlin

Jun 5, 2008
Great work :D

Is this a replacement for the WM alarm/clock or just something on top of it?

What I would like to see:
- a TouchFlo 3D Clock layout when the alarm goes of with the current time and the alarm and snooze time posted, and a symbol that indicates if an alarm is set up or not
- allow it to have multiple alarms to set up

I have attached an image how it could look like :)
(the settings remain as yours... or Touch Diamond Style like in the com manager :D)

Attachments

• klaxon.jpg
    klaxon.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 4,458

Royael

Jul 21, 2008
Testing

Ok, so ive been testing it a bit this morning and discovered some bugs.
1. Cant delete alarm, nothing happens when you press the delete option.
2. If you go in to chose a alarmsignal and end up pressing Done before you find a signal, you end up back where you started without the option to change the signal, so you have to start all over making a new alarm.
3. If your screen is turned off, the alarm doesnt go off. But as soon as you press the powerkey the alarm starts..I would call this the main issue that should be fixed first.

Question: What is required to make it go to snooze? If you have the phone in your pocket while walking will it turn to snooze just by a little nudge?

Would be good if it would require a good shake ;)

Ill keep testing! Great work mate

Last edited:

NisseDILLIGAF

Jul 12, 2008
Xiaomi Mi 2
Xiaomi Poco F3
Great alarm clock!
But it would be nice with a working one ;)
I have it on the table facing up and it sounds for like a 10th of a sec, then it goes to snoozing...

Little buggy right now ... but I really like the idéa!
Great work!!

Trem

Jul 13, 2008
Wow!!!

This will be perfect when it's finished! I had a similar app on my N95 and was thinking it would be a perfect addition to my Diamond.

I will test it but until I know it works while I am awake I don't think i'll risk as an alarm to get me up in the morning. I don't think work will be sympathetic to me being late due to testing new software for my phone :)

Kisja

Aug 22, 2005
Wow! Very nice App! Wanna have!

But following improvements would be nice:
- Finger friendliy configuration. I hate the original alarm settings.
- Possibility to select the predefined sounds with a combo box. It needs much time to select a file in de windows directory by browsing. And additional possibility to browse for an mp3 file.
- Possibility to configure or enable/disable the tilt behaviour

Bugs:
- The phone wakes up and goes back to standby after 2 seconds, the sound stops too. Pretty like NisseDILLIGAF described it. Perhaps its because of S2U2 (I've 1.10b)?

dejant_9

Nov 4, 2006
besancon
good idea! but bug for me (with rom bepe 0.96) it seems that the program don't work if i turn off the sreen with the power button...

Trem

Jul 13, 2008
good idea! but bug for me (with rom bepe 0.96) it seems that the program don't work if i turn off the sreen with the power button...

I had the same issue. I set the alarm and waited for it to go off and it did nothing until I pressed the power button to turn the screen back on.

Also once it did finally go off I turned the phone over and nothing happened.

As for editing alarms - as someone menioned once you create an alarm you can't delete it at the moment.

I look forward to an update. :)

mrjay

Aug 2, 2006
Bucharest
www.twitter.com
first off all thanks for a great application.
installed it and got some bugs also:
if display is turned off the alarm doesn't go on until i press power button and turn display on, the alarm goes for 1 sec and then is put on snooze. the delete function works ok and +1 for me for a finger friendly config. it's very hard to select the days :)

SkizZO

Nov 23, 2005
.:NeaPoliS:.
VERY GOOD!... i have another idea relating this app....

you can make a screen with something (like tewwter) who disable the alarm.

I think the 80% of the people will do an automatic gesture while sleeping to deactivate the alarm: If a guy is obliged to follow, for example, a combo (random) of unidirectional shake, it is awake enough, ant the alarm can be sutdown ;)

So, my pda ring, i flip it face down and it snooze the alarm; if i want to DEACTIVATE IT, some arrows in a random way, tell you where shake the phone and the alarm si deactivated.

Obiouvsly the arrows are an example, can be made something of different.

SkizZO

Nov 23, 2005
.:NeaPoliS:.
Yes but, if we have an accelerometer... we have to use it!

Ok, shaking is "too dangerous" but i think tilting the diamond 3 times (in a random combination) is not too dangerous, and it makes MORE EFFECT (or the app, with 1-2-3 button tap, is a common PDA application)

....however see Here :D

kultus

Jul 7, 2007
interesting not installed yet but what IF Ill have more apps with G-sensor support for example turn on/off silent mode...one shaking and I turn on silent mode and also alarm...so think about it...

Top Liked Posts