Hello, I purchased a galaxy tab 7 plus in Hong Kong. All work great until 2 days ago,

Search This thread

richardfv

Mar 21, 2007
oslo
www.i-profiler.com
Hello, I purchased a galaxy tab 7 plus in Hong Kong. All work great until 2 days ago, I inserted another Sim card then it now says no Sim card. I tried with several other Sim cards but no luck, I did a factory reset, flashed with firmware from Sam mobile but still no luck, I don't know what else to do before I send it to Samsung for repair that gonna be expensive, help is greatly wanted, thank you.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

richardfv

Mar 21, 2007
oslo
www.i-profiler.com
Hello, thanks for the answer, I tried all that already, anyway the Sim only fit in one position so you cannot take wrong.
The tab restarts when inserting card yes.
I tried also taking the battery out for 10 mins... Clean the head of the Sim compartment but no luck.

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
does the original SIM still work in it?

perhaps try flashing original & latest frimware updates for new/different modem.

I know one chinese version of tab plus has locked bootloaded dud to China's restrictions, I would not be surprised if they have locked down modem as well.

And for the heck of it you could always try Galaxy S Unlock app, to be certain you're unlocked.

Strongly suggest backing up /EFS folder (twice) just in case.

richardfv

Mar 21, 2007
oslo
www.i-profiler.com
Thanks for the suggestion, I flashed the device twice already but there is only one file. Could you direct me to the files you are referring to please I'll take a look when I'm back home, thanks again.

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I would try EVERYTHING else before flashing a new modem. Toggle airplane mode. disable/enable packet data, etc.

First, does the original SIM still work?

If so I would give the Galaxy S Unlock a shot for the heck of it.

These other SIMs have you tried them in other devices to either make sure they work or activate them?

did you purchase device on a SIM contract??

richardfv

Mar 21, 2007
oslo
www.i-profiler.com
sim issue

The original sim does work, i have put it in other phones and it works fine, i have also tried other sim but still same issue, message still say "please insert sim card"

I have purchased the tab sim free in hk so no, no contract, it did work fine since december until 2 days ago where i input a data only sim card, when i insert sim card it does reboot, meaning it detects the card in the socket but thats it.

Concerning Galaxy S Unlock my tab is not rooted i have used only legit firmware until now so im not sure about that.

PS: looking at my phone servie status it says:

Service State: Out of service

Last edited:

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Are you sure you havent been sold a bad or expired sim card?

Id try to give samsung customer support a call at least, they will probably tell you to send it to them anyway.

Can you try exchanging this for another one where you puchased it?

richardfv

Mar 21, 2007
oslo
www.i-profiler.com
:) Well, i bought it during my holidays in hk but i live in norway, so... bit difficult to chage it, the sim card works just fine in other devices so it should work in tab.

I tried the galaxy s unlock and during step 1 it says error for efs backup, so either because im not rooted or because my efs is corrupted.

chrisrotolo

Nov 3, 2010
Corona, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Probably because youre not rooted.
Im wondering if the SIM could be from a small provider which isnt recognized by the device?
It should at least dected then say something like network provider unrecognized, etc.

I really dont what to say.

I would keep trying other sims, try to get a 5$ pre pay from a major carrier like O2, 3, tmobile, etc. not sure what carriers you have over there.

dannyyung

Oct 29, 2010
Well i use Telenor which is the biggest and also quite big in europe, i will call customer service tomorrow and hear what they say, but i fear its gonna rip my pockets...

did you push the simcard all the way to the bottom of the slot?
I need a pen to push it....so I wonder if you insert your sim card properly.

richardfv

Mar 21, 2007
oslo
www.i-profiler.com
Solved

After dismantling the tab completely (hard work guys...) i confirm that the sim card reader is defect, the cushions that reads the card did not press completely on it so i applied a temporary fix by adding an extra layer to thicken the card so it can press correctly on the cushions. I did try this fix before with the tablet in one piece, however i could not get it to work correctly.

Anyway thanks for your help and i'm happy that i can use it again :)