Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 52,436 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Viewpad 10e

Tip us?

willierwil
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default viewpad 10e change viewscene 3d defaults

the simple way is
setting>application>manage application>tab "all">scroll down to launcher and tap on it> bottom righ pres clear defaults

lckis
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Thank you Willierwil, you are a genius!
Now I have my Viewpad 10e rooted!!
I didn't follow all your steps: Factory reset is not required, and I haven't root shell either. - i.e. only step 2 to step 7 is good enough.
For the market, I followed the instructions from a Taiwan forum before this, working all along with no problem.
Viewscene3d is ram-eating. I've deleted it from \system\app
My problem now is to disable the softkey backlight for good. I've tried keyboard backlight controller, leds hack and some others but failed. Can you help?
The Following User Says Thank You to lckis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gstar32
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Many Thanks Willierwill, Rooting method worked a treat.....

I can confirm it works on Windows 7, I used my little Asus netbook and as the poster above, only followed steps 2 - 7. You don't have to reset the pad, which is good, as I had loads of stuff on it...

Now the pad is rooted, can someone please post a list of the Junk files/apps that can be deleted using root explorer. I have deleted Viewscene 3d and the Ask Search App. Thinking of deleting Brief me and Wild Tangent Android Games and other stuff, but want to be completed sure of what I can delete before deleting them.

Thanks..
The Following User Says Thank You to Gstar32 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lckis
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default viewpad 10e rooted and trimmed

I've deleted the following system bloatwares:

1mobile market
Amazon kindle
AndroidGamesApp (wild tangent)
Ask search
Briefme
Czcupdate (apk & odex)
Dropbox
Tuneinfree
Twitter
UG
Userguide
Viewscene

No need to worry at all. Just keep a copy of the apk, and you can put it back any time.

Also made some tweaks to the Build.prop

Running smooth and fast now, more free RAM, no problem so far.
It's so beautiful and value for money!
Others had given up too early. What a pity!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lckis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

salpap
Old
(Last edited by salpap; 15th April 2012 at 06:18 PM.) Reason: forgot to write to thank someone
Thanks Meter 0
Default Rooted!!!

Many many thanks to willierwil at last rooted now we can enjoy this machine to the full.

and many thanks to zen200 for get the market working too all we need now is ICS

zen200
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Few things that I am really having trouble with.

Iplayer not working smoothly at all and you tube app not installing and wont play from main site.

I did have it working once, but that was before changing flash version and installing iplayer.

Has anyone got both working ?

Maybe this device would have a ics rom made and intergrate iplayer, youtube, ebay, Facebook as standard ??

Anyone got the knowhow ?

I just dont get alot of time at the moment to learn new tricks.

Gstar32
Old
(Last edited by Gstar32; 17th April 2012 at 02:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lckis View Post
I've deleted the following system bloatwares:

1mobile market
Amazon kindle
AndroidGamesApp (wild tangent)
Ask search
Briefme
Czcupdate (apk & odex)
Dropbox
Tuneinfree
Twitter
UG
Userguide
Viewscene

No need to worry at all. Just keep a copy of the apk, and you can put it back any time.

Also made some tweaks to the Build.prop

Running smooth and fast now, more free RAM, no problem so far.
It's so beautiful and value for money!
Others had given up too early. What a pity!
Thanks for this, very useful. Don't know how to tweak the build prop though.. lol.

I agree with you, too many people giving up to soon on this. The first one I bought I had to take back due the screen popping up, got it replaced, tbh, it is the best 200 I've spent. It is well worth the money and well worth the time for a custom rom to be built, either that or wait (forever) for viewsonic to release ICS.

I have installed Netflix and plays the films no problem, however, the pic quality looks like a 16 bit snes game, don't know if it is to do with the pad or Netflix though. I have downloaded the YouTube app, a modded version and it works fantastic, video quality is better than Netflix. I haven't tried iplayer yet but will try it.

Edit: I have tried different versions of iplayer, can't get any of them working for recorded programmes, but live tv works. I only tried live tv on iplayer version 1.0.4, but I presume it works on the latest version, if not, download 1.0.4. BTW, I haven't updated my flash player so it was flash player 10 that was pre installed on pad that worked.

Sent from my ViewPad 10e using XDA Premium App

zen200
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hi gstar,

Can you let me have the link that you got the modified youtube from that works in this 10e tablet.

Thanks

Gstar32
Old
(Last edited by Gstar32; 18th April 2012 at 01:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by zen200 View Post
Hi gstar,

Can you let me have the link that you got the modified youtube from that works in this 10e tablet.

Thanks
Hi Zen, not sure if I'm allowed to post the link so won't just in case.

Google mobilism market or if you have the application even better, on there, search for 'YouTube v2.4.4 mod with 720p HD playback', dated 3/10/12, It works brilliantly.

Hopefully the links from there are still working, if not, let me know and I will upload to rapidshare for you.

GSTAR

Sent from my ViewPad 10e using XDA Premium App

rustyfishhook
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Folks, figured it might be of interest to some, noticed the viewsonic Europe site has made the kernel source code available for download.

Tags
viewppad 10e uk root and mods