XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

**Bootlooping Network Problem *FIX INSIDE*

Tip us?

Sax1031
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by txkorm View Post
I think that your paranoia is ruining your experience of your phone. I'm not saying it's not justified but I hope you take my advice so you can build up more confidence in the phone and enjoy it for the reasons you purchased it. If you read my post, then you know not only how to resolve the problem but how to prevent it.

I personally don't use the LTE on/off switch anymore because I felt it was causing network issues, again maybe a coincidence, but after uninstall a lot less signal drops and 1X connections. Unlike the TBOLT, the Rezound has a setting in the network settings that will enable you to switch off LTE if you need to. Don't let your phone die, or turn off your phone if the LTE network is not checked.

So, turn your phone off and not worry about it as long as you abide by the above guidelines. If it turns out I'm wrong, then it's easy to get it back up and running. Since you're worried, go through a dry run of where to switch the LTE on and off so you'll be able to do it without frustration. Once I read the OP I knew what to do and it took me two restarts. One with the back off and then with the back on. Done!

Enjoy your phone dude! Worry about other things..... like when ICS will come to us.

KORM via the beast known as the Rezound.
I like the phone a lot.

I just hate worrying about the boot loop. I have no plans on getting a different phone anytime soon. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

merlin66676
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Default Latest response from HTC that I got yesterday.

Thank you for your response Mike.

HTC is aware of the issue with power cycling and our developers are currently assessing this important matter. At this time I do not yet have the ETA to provide you for an update, however it is an issue of critical importance and the development team is working diligently to correct this for all users of the Rezound.

In preparation for a possible maintenance release, make sure that your phone has the most up to date software available. This will ensure that when updates are available that your phone will be able to install them immediately.

To check your ROM version and see the details of the last update please visit the official HTC web portal at http://www.htc.com/us/support/rezoun...zon/downloads/ .

I deeply regret any inconvenience this may cause Mike, and hope that an update is available for you soon to correct this troubling issue. Thank you for your patience and cooperation while we help you to restore your phone to a fully functional state.
HTC Droid DNA
ROM: Whatever's cooking that looks tasty
Kernel: Like KFC the best but Popeyes is Ok also
Radio: Sirius or FM, no AM talk radio here.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to merlin66676 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sax1031
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Thanks for the update.

I do love this phone

Insidious
Old
Thanks Meter 255
Thanks dude! This hasn't happened to me yet but I'll keep it in mind.

merlin66676
Old
Thanks Meter 55
YMMV. When I reboot now I switch to LTE before rebooting and then switch back to CDMA after. Haven't had a bootloop since.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA
HTC Droid DNA
ROM: Whatever's cooking that looks tasty
Kernel: Like KFC the best but Popeyes is Ok also
Radio: Sirius or FM, no AM talk radio here.

txkorm
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin66676 View Post
YMMV. When I reboot now I switch to LTE before rebooting and then switch back to CDMA after. Haven't had a bootloop since.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA
That seems to be the issue. Just don't let the phone die on you

KORM via the beast known as the Rezound.

quitoxic
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This post helped a lot thanks

joblabbo
Old
(Last edited by joblabbo; 11th April 2012 at 02:28 AM.) Reason: update
Thanks Meter 14
Got my rez back from PCD warranty repair it has been almost exactly a month since I sent it out. The tech supposedly soldered a port, I am guessing the charging port. It didn't even make it through the night and started bootlooping to the white HTC screen.

This phone is cursed, I'm selling it once I get it back again.

*update
all is well! PCD replaced both mainboards and runs like a champ!

detroit123
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It is incredible how DUMB these sales clowns are that work at Verizon and all Cellular Stores
I call in today and tell him I have had a Rezound since end of Dec and was he aware of the boot looping issues and he never heard of it. This is Mindboggling since people have been complaining about this for at least 4 months !
all he could say is the phone is under warranty and they could give me a new one; which doesn't solve the problem considering it is a phone issue with HTC
the only way to get any relevant info is to read the forums
the sales idiots are worthless; I had the same issue with Sprint
I called just to see if they had any more info

also, yesterday my phone just suddenly restarted on me while I was holding it; it came back on but this is also troubling

jayochs
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2645
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit123 View Post
It is incredible how DUMB these sales clowns are that work at Verizon and all Cellular Stores
I call in today and tell him I have had a Rezound since end of Dec and was he aware of the boot looping issues and he never heard of it. This is Mindboggling since people have been complaining about this for at least 4 months !
all he could say is the phone is under warranty and they could give me a new one; which doesn't solve the problem considering it is a phone issue with HTC
the only way to get any relevant info is to read the forums
the sales idiots are worthless; I had the same issue with Sprint
I called just to see if they had any more info

also, yesterday my phone just suddenly restarted on me while I was holding it; it came back on but this is also troubling
lol in their defense, i've sold a **** ton of rezounds, and i haven't had ONE person come back in asking about the bootloop problem. despite the fact i know about it, and know how to fix it, nobody else has ever bothered to come in to complain to me about it.
LG G2
HTC Droid DNA
Google Nexus 7 (2013)

Previous Devices:

Samsung Galaxy S5 (returned)
Samsung Galaxy SIII 16gb Blue

Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Sold)
Samsung Galaxy S4 (Sold)
Samsung Galaxy SIII 16gb White (Sold)
HTC Incredible (AMOLED)
HTC Eris

HTC Rezound