5,604,859 Members 33,860 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

keep the amaze or go htc one S?

Tip us?

andy55
Old
Thanks Meter 130
actually the tegra has 5 cores, the 5th being the 9.9 kicker motor to the four 2oo hp outboards good luck optimizing that setup

stratax
Old
(Last edited by stratax; 10th April 2012 at 01:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy55 View Post
actually the tegra has 5 cores, the 5th being the 9.9 kicker motor to the four 2oo hp outboards good luck optimizing that setup
Google isnt who has to optimize it, its NVidia. with their drivers. and people who keep on track with them know they have great driver support; much better than AMD (qualcomm).

edit: the fith core has nothing to do with power, its optimized to save battery. Nvidia wouldn't have made it if it was too hard to optimize anyways. and companys wouldnt use it, im sure it will be great once more drivers come out and such

porkchopexpress
Old
Thanks Meter 7
The lack of an external SD card slot on the One S is really odd to me, just like the same omission on the Galaxy Nexus was. That for me is a no-go, which is funny now considering when I had an iPhone I didn't even care about not having it. Now that I have it, they can pry it from my dead cold hands!

juwls305
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Default Keeping the Amaze for now

Amaze finally got the S-Off, hopefully that'll bring in some good roms, if so I'm sure sense 4 will come. The only upside to the One S is (to me) the super Amoled display and how thin it is.. other then that, No NFC, No removable Battery, No SD upgrade. It does however get free drop box storage, forgot how many gigs extra you get when you buy the One S.

aj_2423
Old
Thanks Meter 1016
Well you better decide quick, april 25th release date confirmed today

Sent from my NRGized Amaze...
via xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to aj_2423 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bangsters
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
ok some interesting development.....

i left work early. So I went home, got off my car, and i had to bend down to pick up my laptop bag....and whalla the phone fell off my breast pocket to the asphalt... nasty scratches in front since the unibody doesnt protect the lense's sides. my ghost armor screen protector saved the screen but not the edges... and luckily I have a spare new unibody case.

but now the front is messed up.... i guess it is a signal to go get another phone....

especially i'm picky with my toys/gadgets.
Toqen | Budget Friendly Shared Cloud Hosting, Dedicated Servers and Server Colocation
XDA-Developers members get 50% off any Shared Cloud Hosting package, just enter coupon code "XDA" at checkout.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

bangsters
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_2423 View Post
Well you better decide quick, april 25th release date confirmed today

via xda premium
Hey bud, how's the rom you're using? I'm using the same, any issues? Did you switch to golauncher ex? I feel my battery drains very quick, less than a day.
Toqen | Budget Friendly Shared Cloud Hosting, Dedicated Servers and Server Colocation
XDA-Developers members get 50% off any Shared Cloud Hosting package, just enter coupon code "XDA" at checkout.

aj_2423
Old
Thanks Meter 1016
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangsters View Post
Hey bud, how's the rom you're using? I'm using the same, any issues? Did you switch to golauncher ex? I feel my battery drains very quick, less than a day.
I love it no issues here. I never change my launcher, i like stock. What kernel are u using..?

via xda premium

bangsters
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_2423 View Post
I love it no issues here. I never change my launcher, i like stock. What kernel are u using..?

via xda premium
i'm using the faux kernel i believe. i downloaded it with the nrg rom since without it wifi wasn't working.....

aj_2423
Old
Thanks Meter 1016
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangsters View Post
i'm using the faux kernel i believe. i downloaded it with the nrg rom since without it wifi wasn't working.....
Try the stock kernel in the fourth post of nrgz thread. I was on faux kernel too but i had to go to stock bcuz of bad battery life. Have you flashed ext4 recovery yet? If you have, in the op of the ext4 recovery thread, there is a link for nrgz stock kernel that you can flash straight through recovery

via xda premium

The Following User Says Thank You to aj_2423 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]