Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 53,813 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOL] Framework Flasher 1.1.4 (1/14/12) - Easily modify and flash framework-res.apk

Tip us?

_Sparks
Old
Thanks Meter 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesf90 View Post
Will it work for files other than framework-res.apk?
Currently, no. However it would be easy to implement that functionality if I saw that people would benefit from it.
Are you sure its easy to implement. You still haven't included this feature. I mean no offence.

wesf90
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 302

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sparks View Post
Are you sure its easy to implement. You still haven't included this feature. I mean no offence.
Fairly easy. I had began working on v2 of the software and it was coming along great. Working for many .apk files, doing everything automatically. However, interest seems to have dropped quickly. That demotivated me. So, I'm probably 2-3 hours from finishing Framework Flasher v2, I just couldn't find the motivation to finish it.

Once I get priorities out of the way, I'll certainly finish v2. v2 will blow your mind
Framework Flasher - Easily edit and flash your ROM's framework-res.apk! (Droid X2)

Follow me on Twitter @therealwesf

_Sparks
Old
Thanks Meter 828
Quote:
Fairly easy. I had began working on v2 of the software and it was coming along great. Working for many .apk files, doing everything automatically. However, interest seems to have dropped quickly. That demotivated me. So, I'm probably 2-3 hours from finishing Framework Flasher v2, I just couldn't find the motivation to finish it.

Once I get priorities out of the way, I'll certainly finish v2. v2 will blow your mind
Thanks, I cant wait for it!

troy00
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Default It works!

I have been trying to edit my framework-res.apk and every time I did (no matter the method) I would get a black screen upon reboot after the boot animation.

But...using this wonderful tool...it worked brilliantly! Granted I was only editing the .pngs.

I can confirm that this tool will work on a Samsung Galaxy S2 T989.

Thank you very much for this useful tool!

PRincess Luna
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Errors while recompiling

Let me start by saying i have been trying (unsuccessfully) for weeks to decompile, edit, and recompile this .apk file off of my phone. I'm trying to run the ICS build for the international SGS2 on my AT&T version, and i want the on screen buttons to work because the capacitive ones don't (at least not correctly). However, Nothing, i repeat, NOTHING, can successfully recompile the .apk file i have. This program has gotten the furthest out of any of them (i've tried 4 or 5), and you seem like a nice guy (Everyone else i asked just kinda told me to &%$# off).

All i need to do is edit 2 or 3 .xml files, changing a single value in each. However, even if i don't edit the files, i just decompile it then hit recompile, i get a ton of errors. It would be really awesome of you could take a tiny bit of time to help me. I'm attaching both the log from your program and the .apk file i'm trying to modify below.

If it helps, these are the mods i'm attempting: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1364757

Framework file - http://www.mediafire.com/?8caxndfii1d81nm
Log - http://www.mediafire.com/?kyaxum4qs91qi1v (i put a few tries in there, the errors are consistent)

Thanks!

pokimoon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

It extracts your framework-res.apk file and allows you to edit the files. After editing, the script will compile, sign the apk, create your update.zip with the correct structure for flashing, and then sign the .zip. Everything you need to modify and flash your framework-res.apk file.

[
First of all i would like to tell you appreciate about this pretty good news

If you got any free time please could you tell me how can i do this steps because i got trouble with it for afew days i can't flash my update.zip to my deviece -.- i tried to sign update.zip "i would like to give the link of the page which i used but i cant.. It contain the autosign.bat"please let me know the steps for the correct strucute
Also i can't use the system.img aswell with out sign protocol (correct structure)
also tried dsixda kitchen too

have a good days

skippycentraal
Old
Thanks Meter 45
awesome tool but i have tryed to add values-nl into framework-res.apk and my wfs boot jehhhh but when its boot to the beginning i'll get many errors.
Hoop you can help my out
[SkippyCentraal]

[Touch Diamond] dead