FORUMS

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more

Device Review: No.1 X1 Rugged Smartphone

We are almost at the end of Q2 for 2015, and we have seen most of the flagship phones for the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Droid 4 fastboot files?

24th March 2012, 03:45 AM |#1  
twizzles's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Where do these fastboot files come from? Im new and trying to figure out how all this works. Thanks

Sent from my DROID4 using xda premium
 
 
26th March 2012, 08:27 PM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twizzles

Where do these fastboot files come from? Im new and trying to figure out how all this works. Thanks

Sent from my DROID4 using xda premium

They come from Motorola. However, they are not files that would normally be released to the public, so we have to wait and see if someone is nice enough to leak them for us.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Lister For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th March 2012, 11:17 PM |#3  
twizzles's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
If? Oh my that just sux

Sent from my DROID4 using xda premium
30th March 2012, 12:42 AM |#4  
gnoitall's Avatar
Member
Flag Omaha, NE
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Question How long?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lister

They come from Motorola. However, they are not files that would normally be released to the public, so we have to wait and see if someone is nice enough to leak them for us.

I've heard the equivalent experience with the Droid Razr fastboot restore file used around here and other fora as support for the idea that the D4 restore should be leaking soon. What I've never heard was how long it took from release of the phone to a leaked usable restore. I'm deferring taking my bricked Droid 4 back to the store and playing dumb to try to get a warranty exchange in hopes I can just unbrick my phone sometime in the coming days or maybe weeks.
30th March 2012, 03:00 PM |#5  
Member
Summerville, GA
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnoitall

I've heard the equivalent experience with the Droid Razr fastboot restore file used around here and other fora as support for the idea that the D4 restore should be leaking soon. What I've never heard was how long it took from release of the phone to a leaked usable restore. I'm deferring taking my bricked Droid 4 back to the store and playing dumb to try to get a warranty exchange in hopes I can just unbrick my phone sometime in the coming days or maybe weeks.

I'll in the same boat. I soft-bricked my D4 earlier this week and I feel like trying to swap it would be wrong. I messed it up, so I should fix it. I just have to play the waiting game.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
9th April 2012, 10:42 PM |#6  
gnoitall's Avatar
Member
Flag Omaha, NE
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
I did a little google-fu and calendar math and came up with an answer to my earlier question about how long it took for the Droid Razr to have a leaked fastboot file.

That phone was released on 11 November 2011. Its fastboot recovery appeared here on 29 December the same year. That's 48 days.

48 days after the release of the Droid 4 (February 10th) was March 29th. That was 11 days ago.

So, the example of the Droid Razr leaked fastboot is interesting, but not necessarily insightful. It's already taken longer than it did for the Razr.

Sigh.
10th April 2012, 01:29 AM |#7  
Member
Summerville, GA
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Here's a scarier thought. The Droid Bionic was released in September, and fastboot files didn't leak until February. Hopefully it won't take much longer! I'm very close to just using my spare upgrade to get a RAZR MAXX, or maybe the Droid Fighter that is supposed to come out soon.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
10th April 2012, 09:10 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 900
 
More
Not true, we had Bionic fastboot files for the stock release within a couple weeks.

This is actually very unusual that we have not seen them yet for this phone.
11th April 2012, 01:46 AM |#9  
Member
Summerville, GA
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Ah, my bad. I should have looked into that further. The article I read about it made it seem like the ones that leaked in February were the first.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
26th April 2012, 11:38 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
I could really use this right about now. Can't seem to figure out why my OTA update is failing and I'd love to be able to revert to stock and then apply it, if only I had the fastboot file =(
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes