Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 51,411 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Droid 4 fastboot files?

Tip us?

twizzles
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default Droid 4 fastboot files?

Where do these fastboot files come from? Im new and trying to figure out how all this works. Thanks

Sent from my DROID4 using xda premium

Dave Lister
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by twizzles View Post
Where do these fastboot files come from? Im new and trying to figure out how all this works. Thanks

They come from Motorola. However, they are not files that would normally be released to the public, so we have to wait and see if someone is nice enough to leak them for us.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Lister For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

twizzles
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
If? Oh my that just sux

gnoitall
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Question How long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lister View Post
They come from Motorola. However, they are not files that would normally be released to the public, so we have to wait and see if someone is nice enough to leak them for us.
I've heard the equivalent experience with the Droid Razr fastboot restore file used around here and other fora as support for the idea that the D4 restore should be leaking soon. What I've never heard was how long it took from release of the phone to a leaked usable restore. I'm deferring taking my bricked Droid 4 back to the store and playing dumb to try to get a warranty exchange in hopes I can just unbrick my phone sometime in the coming days or maybe weeks.

Sparkimus
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnoitall View Post
I've heard the equivalent experience with the Droid Razr fastboot restore file used around here and other fora as support for the idea that the D4 restore should be leaking soon. What I've never heard was how long it took from release of the phone to a leaked usable restore. I'm deferring taking my bricked Droid 4 back to the store and playing dumb to try to get a warranty exchange in hopes I can just unbrick my phone sometime in the coming days or maybe weeks.
I'll in the same boat. I soft-bricked my D4 earlier this week and I feel like trying to swap it would be wrong. I messed it up, so I should fix it. I just have to play the waiting game.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

gnoitall
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I did a little google-fu and calendar math and came up with an answer to my earlier question about how long it took for the Droid Razr to have a leaked fastboot file.

That phone was released on 11 November 2011. Its fastboot recovery appeared here on 29 December the same year. That's 48 days.

48 days after the release of the Droid 4 (February 10th) was March 29th. That was 11 days ago.

So, the example of the Droid Razr leaked fastboot is interesting, but not necessarily insightful. It's already taken longer than it did for the Razr.

Sigh.

Sparkimus
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Here's a scarier thought. The Droid Bionic was released in September, and fastboot files didn't leak until February. Hopefully it won't take much longer! I'm very close to just using my spare upgrade to get a RAZR MAXX, or maybe the Droid Fighter that is supposed to come out soon.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

cellzealot
Old
Thanks Meter 848
Not true, we had Bionic fastboot files for the stock release within a couple weeks.

This is actually very unusual that we have not seen them yet for this phone.
CellZealot

TeamBlackHat

Digital alchemy for the Droid and beyond.

Sparkimus
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Ah, my bad. I should have looked into that further. The article I read about it made it seem like the ones that leaked in February were the first.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

jy3ng4
Old
Thanks Meter 46
I could really use this right about now. Can't seem to figure out why my OTA update is failing and I'd love to be able to revert to stock and then apply it, if only I had the fastboot file =(