Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,537 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] dell streak stuck at dell logo

Tip us?

rans4all
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] dell streak stuck at dell logo

I've already read a billion posts here and on other web pages but of no use.
I ws running android froyo on my dell streak which I later upgraded to a custom ROM (gingerstreak) with base 2.3.3
Now I ws trying to change from the custom ROM to the official gingerbread ROM by ohlle. I used fastboot mode to do so. The entire process went fine however when my device booted after the update.pkg was installed, it got stuck at the dell logo.

It does not go into fastboot or recovery mode. QDL tools don't detect my device. It doesn't even switches off from the dell logo screen. I have to pull out the battery to reboot it only to get stuck at the dell logo screen again.

Please help me

Rocker19943
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Did you try to do a system restore?

nitin1978
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by rans4all View Post
I ws running android froyo on my dell streak which I later upgraded to a custom ROM (gingerstreak) with base 2.3.3
Now I ws trying to change from the custom ROM to the official gingerbread ROM by ohlle. I used fastboot mode to do so. The entire process went fine however when my device booted after the update.pkg was installed, it got stuck at the dell logo.

It does not go into fastboot or recovery mode. QDL tools don't detect my device. It doesn't even switches off from the dell logo screen. I have to pull out the battery to reboot it only to get stuck at the dell logo screen again.

Please help me
i get the same problem whenever i try to install .pkg. you just download the update.zip file from the below link provided by the manni. install the recovery of update 406 then flash the update.zip you downloaded, it should work.

http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/manii/407/update.zip

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to nitin1978 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rsfinsrq
Old
Thanks Meter 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin1978 View Post
i get the same problem whenever i try to install .pkg. you just download the update.zip file from the below link provided by the manni. install the recovery of update 406 then flash the update.zip you downloaded, it should work.

http://mirror2.streakdroid.com/manii/407/update.zip

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA
I think you need StreakMod Recovery to flash .zip files. Stock recovery to flash .pkg files.
Galaxy Note 3 N900A - Stock CUCNC2
Gear 2 - Stock OBNE5
Galaxy Tab S 10.5 - Stock U1ANFB
Nexus 7 2013 32GB - LPV79/Root
Galaxy Note 1 - Liquid Smooth 4.4.4/TWRP
Dell Streak 5 - DSC TR/Root/CWR

nitin1978
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsfinsrq View Post
I think you need StreakMod Recovery to flash .zip files. Stock recovery to flash .pkg files.
yes streakmod recovery is definitly needed, but still you'll get same problem if you try to install update.pkg, but if you flash update.zip it'll surely work... telling this as per my experience with same type of problem....

most important I think.... we cannot flash .pkg file using streakmod recovery if i am not wrong ?

fyrogenesis
Old
Thanks Meter 2
i am sure OP means he CANNOT access recovery/fastboot with the usual buttons combination and just stuck at DELL logo.

i know because i also have the problem at this moment. dunno what to do..

QDL tool failed, Streakflash failed,

so help plss

iFilae
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Same case here...
-posible charge
-streakflash success but cannot entering fastboot
-QDL fail .. ERROR[D2]: wait ADB fastboot mode timeout! don't know how to intall ADB driver while Streak cannot entering fastboot with power+camera button

Duarte_map
Old
Thanks Meter 0
same problem

Strephon Alkhalikoi
Old
Thanks Meter 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by rans4all View Post

Please help me
When you say "I used fastboot mode to do so" did you perhaps type in "fastboot -w" or "fastboot -erase" at some point? If you didn't then something became corrupted within the Streak. In any case, try to recall exactly what you did and post it.

The symptoms you describe point to one of two things that I can think of:

1. The Streak is bricked and will require someone with a JTAG device to resurrect.
2. The internal MicroSD has become unreadable and needs to be replaced.
Noob FAQ
Q: Can someone suggest a link I can follow that will walk me through the root process for this phone?
A: Simple answer is no. Do your homework. No spoonfeeding here. Check the stickies and the search engine. You'll find it soon enough.

My Stuff: Stargate Boot Animation | ICS-style Theme for DSC | MultiFlasher | Traveller DSC ROM | PseudoCream