[Challenge] BEST headset / earphone / headphone up to 50 MAX.

OP betoNL

6th April 2012, 02:30 AM   |  #101  
Thanks Meter: 53

263 posts
the best in ear headphones are sennheiser cx300-ii. they are SO FKN clear and the bass is excellent, no distortion whatsoever. comine this with voodoo sound and the right poweramp eq, it is the best sound quality i have heard through headphones. they also fit in ear perfectly and never fall out.
7th April 2012, 01:11 PM   |  #102  
Flag >>>>Ansbach<<<<
Thanks Meter: 2,174

1,853 posts
Donate to Me
More
Buy Samsung Mdr, I have they,too, and I must say they are amazing
in Germany you can buy them for ~35 Euro
7th April 2012, 09:17 PM   |  #103  
Thanks Meter: 62

837 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackpig

Earphones:
The best sound for the dollar, I've found, are Yuin PK3 earphones. Cheap. Buy 2 or 3 pairs and you'll never be stuck for reasonable sound. The sound is direct and detailed. They dont sound like cheap earphones. Earphones are easy to put in and take out - great for quickly checking sound, on location, when we're shooting video...

I now have a set of Yuin PK3's...actually got them to use while trying to get pieces to mod the portapros so I can wear them longer than 15 mminutes.

The Yuins are downright good. My only negative comment is that the plug strain relief is plainly inadequate. It is thin and short. I have a tablet with a jack that really holds onto the inserted plug, and it requires EXTREME care to remove the Yuin plug. There is just not enough there to hold on to, and it is very easy for your grip to slide down onto the wire while pulling it out.
10th April 2012, 02:45 AM   |  #104  
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 33

283 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by milpan

JVC HA-FX1 Extreme Explosive Bass

Frequency Response 5-23,000Hz!
10mm large diaphragm neodymium driver units and Extreme Deep Basse Ports deliver ultimate bass sound
Rubber protectors for body durability
Superior sound isolation
Comfortable fit with ergonomic contoured form and three sizes of silicone ear-pieces
2.6mm-thick and robust 1.2m pure copper cable (Y-type)
Special hard carrying case included
S/M/L silicone ear-pieces included
Gold-plated 3.5mm stereo straight plug
iPod, iphone and iPad compatible

Just ordered myself a pair for $28 delivered off eBay. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
10th April 2012, 09:15 AM   |  #105  
Flag Nijmegen
Thanks Meter: 6

93 posts
More
I will vote for the Sennheiser CX400-II Precision. They are pretty cheep. 29,95 in sale and sound decent. Comes with 6 rubber eartips, a clothingclip, pouch and cablewinder.

Specs:
Frequency response (headphones):17 - 22000 Hz
Impedance: 16 Ω
Sound pressure level (SPL):114 dB
Jack plug: 3.5 mm (angled)
Cable length:1.2 m
Transducer principle: Dynamic
10th April 2012, 04:27 PM   |  #106  
Thanks Meter: 6

136 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshy919

Just ordered myself a pair for $28 delivered off eBay. Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

I have a pair of these and all that I can say is.... holly s.....so good job you did

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
13th April 2012, 10:14 PM   |  #107  

837 posts
Just received replacement earpads from ebay vendor to put onto my Koss Portapro's. They are made for Sennheiser PX200, but are exactly correct size.

Suggestion was from someone on here. Thanks--they are MUCH more comfortable and were only $6.95 US shipping included (from Hong Kong though) --still only took 12 days to arrive.

If you have Koss Portapto's and want to improve the comfort without having to do the manual work of some of the mods, this is an easy direct replacement.
14th April 2012, 10:04 AM   |  #108  
Flag Pori
Thanks Meter: 3

37 posts
More
I own a pair of Koss portapros. They are excellent, the sound quality is very nice and they are great while running.

I also own a pair of skullcandy earbuds, and I wouldn't recommend them to anybody. Very bad audio quality overall.
16th April 2012, 03:06 PM   |  #109  
Flag Phnom Penh
Thanks Meter: 105

368 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by movrshakr

Just received replacement earpads from ebay vendor to put onto my Koss Portapro's. They are made for Sennheiser PX200, but are exactly correct size.

Suggestion was from someone on here. Thanks--they are MUCH more comfortable and were only $6.95 US shipping included (from Hong Kong though) --still only took 12 days to arrive.

If you have Koss Portapto's and want to improve the comfort without having to do the manual work of some of the mods, this is an easy direct replacement.

Good to hear (ba-dum-bump) that you got a fix working for you. I had a pair of PX200s -- if you play around with how you place them over your ears, you'll find a sweet spot that seals and maximizes blocking outside noise. This might work on KPPs with those pads.

Question: what differences do you hear in the sound with that combo?
16th April 2012, 03:24 PM   |  #110  

837 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by groksteady

...Question: what differences do you hear in the sound with that combo?

Interesting question. I am not an audiophile, but definitely "hear" when the sound is "not good enough."

Your question makes me think. Here's my subjective answer: I have not noticed a significant difference in the sound quality (remember--not an expert). It is still excellent. But I am quite sure there is noticeably less intrusion of ambient noise. It does not filter as well as tight-fitting in-ears, but I don't like those--for my use, hearing my name called is better...wife doesn't slap me when I don't answer.

These, as you know, are not big, soft, puffy rings. They are small, soft, slightly puffy rings--as they must be being on-ear diameter rather than over-ear diameter.

Comfort is MUCH improved over the stock foam though. That was my objective, and it is achieved. I would encourage anyone owning Koss Portapros to order some.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
earphone, galaxy s, headphone, headset, voodoo sound
Previous Thread Next Thread