Thanks Meter 1
CM9 Reloaded with Apex Launcher

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

veeman
Old
Thanks Meter 1506
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
Yeah... I don't mind rooting normally, but the Hubby just feels better leaving the girls' kindle fires stock and no root.

I got a launcher rolling for them, but those god awful lockscreen images are a pain. I found a video for a no root solution, but the guy has his app to where you can't download it until you do a survey...but even then it won't download.
I don't have my Fire rooted and I use the application "Rotating Wallpaper"

CodenameDeadpool
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Angry New wallpaper and setup

Fuckin' Bacon Strips
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by collinsac24 View Post
some screens are a little blank but its looking good, did this after learning of "hubs" from the guy a few post up.
What all do you have installed for this look?

collinsac24
Old
(Last edited by collinsac24; 9th April 2012 at 09:48 AM.)
Thanks Meter 90
dont have the kindle here next to me so off top of my head i believe its simple text icon creater, adw launcher ex, minimalistic text, multi picture live wallpaper, elegant icons theme pack thingy lol for adw...and...hmm i think thats it not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRules777 View Post
Adw ex,minimalistic text,simple text,glass widgets,apw widgets, multi live wallpaper all put together in a style called "hubs". There are some pretty good tutorials on you tube from other xda members on how to set up your tablet to look like this. Took me forever to set it up but I love the way it turned out

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using XDA
this is where i learned, i didnt use all he did though.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to collinsac24 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TexasRules777
Old
Thanks Meter 109

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ****in' Bacon Strips View Post
What all do you have installed for this look?
Yea you can use pretty much and kind of icon creators or widgets. The best launcher i've found though is adw ex because you can add launcher actions to screens. That seems to be the most important part of "hubs". Just check you tube for videos on how to set it up. There are some really good ones from some of the members on xda.

SJUnion
Old
(Last edited by SJUnion; 10th April 2012 at 05:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 19
Default Illustrated

After rootin I wanted my home screen to be about what I primarily use my tablet for. I borrowed a couple of the graphics from the old google image search and modified them to fit the illustrated look I wanted.

Im running CM7...
with
-Beautiful Widgets
-Desktop Visualizer for the jumbo icons.
-ADW Launcher

I used Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to make the icons.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snap20120410_124146.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	994892  

meturne2
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessical View Post
Went back to a stock ROM (MoDaCo) so I can begin working on Mahogany again. Have a bunch of rotating wallpapers that are all kinda the same concept.

What app are you using for the Folders on the Home screen? I went back to stock ROM also to get the Mahogany look but I am unable to use shortcuts or folders on GO Launcher, any ideas? Also I haven't been able to use PicSpeed or Quickpic for wallpapers, is this restricted by Stock ROM? What are you using for wallpapers? BTW can't wait for Mahogany, good luck and God's speed. I will try to post my screen shot of a Kindle-esque home screen.

Thanks

meturne2
Old
(Last edited by meturne2; 11th April 2012 at 03:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Sent from my Kindle Fire using XDA

Jessical
Old
Thanks Meter 146

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by meturne2 View Post
What app are you using for the Folders on the Home screen? I went back to stock ROM also to get the Mahogany look but I am unable to use shortcuts or folders on GO Launcher, any ideas? Also I haven't been able to use PicSpeed or Quickpic for wallpapers, is this restricted by Stock ROM? What are you using for wallpapers? BTW can't wait for Mahogany, good luck and God's speed. I will try to post my screen shot of a Kindle-esque home screen.

Thanks
Those are just the basic Go Launcher EX folders. Probably the nicest detail of Go Launcher actually because everything else is pretty naff.

I used the zip provided here to change the wallpapers: http://droidpirate.com/2011/11/20/am...ge-wallpapers/

You don't need any additional apps, it just works. I would still use the apps and SAVE the wallpaper, but then unload them, copy and paste them into the files and resave them in Photoshop or something. It's a limitation of the stock ROM yeah.

And thank you for your kind words!
iPad Mini - iOS 7 Beta / Huawei Fusion 2 U8665 - CyanogenMod 10.1

The Following User Says Thank You to Jessical For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]