4th April 2012, 02:54 AM   |  #1871  
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,645

11,402 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodaHighland

Whatever happened to needing 10 posts to even post in this section?

He joined before that requirement was laid down. Users who joined before that date are grandfathered.
9th April 2012, 09:58 PM   |  #1872  
Thanks Meter: 4

76 posts
Since the Bing app no longer does navigation, I've decided to try and use my phone solely as Android so I can use Google Navigation. Everything seems to be working fine, except I am getting issues with the phone not ringing when people call me.

Data switches from 3G to 1X when the phone should be ringing.

I have found that if I first call out, then my phone is much more likely to ring when someone calls me.

I am using the Sprint CDMA version.

I searched the thread, and there was mention that this was caused by a bug in RIL, and there was a fix to get the phone to mount an older version of RIL.

But I didn't see any follow up. Is that still the only fix, or is there a newer kernel somewhere they I should install that solves this? I used the "full bundle" download dated Sept 1 for my install.
Last edited by shawndoc; 9th April 2012 at 10:05 PM.
10th April 2012, 12:00 AM   |  #1873  
Thanks Meter: 24

137 posts
AFAIK problems with incoming calls tends to just be your phone being busy. Try running fewer background apps.
10th April 2012, 12:37 AM   |  #1874  

76 posts
Quote:

AFAIK problems with incoming calls tends to just be your phone being busy. Try running fewer background apps.

I have none running besides the default. At its pretty flawless, you can watch the phone switch from 3G to 1X, which shows the phone is noticing the call, but it never rings. Make an outbound call, and then inbound calls ring like normal. The phone is not laggy or non-responsive when it is failing to ring.

Earlier in the thread (from Sep 21st) there were several people with this problem, and the work around mentioned above was used to solve the problem.

I'm just looking to see if this is solved in one of the newer kernels or if there's a better solution.
Last edited by shawndoc; 10th April 2012 at 01:16 AM.
10th April 2012, 01:45 AM   |  #1875  

76 posts
Ok, after upgrading the kernel and it not solving things, I dug back through the thread and found the solution here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1269

Now that I've set my WinMo side to airplane mode, it seems to have solved the issue, and it explains why it would start working after I would make an outbound call.
10th April 2012, 02:25 AM   |  #1876  

11,402 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoc

Ok, after upgrading the kernel and it not solving things, I dug back through the thread and found the solution here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1269

Now that I've set my WinMo side to airplane mode, it seems to have solved the issue, and it explains why it would start working after I would make an outbound call.

I was going to suggest this . Always, always, always boot Android with WinMo in Airplane Mode!
10th April 2012, 03:03 AM   |  #1877  
Thanks Meter: 24

137 posts
I... have never had problems with that and my WinMo isn't in airplane mode. >.> Am I just getting lucky? Or is this something fixed in GBX?
10th April 2012, 03:40 AM   |  #1878  

11,402 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I... have never had problems with that and my WinMo isn't in airplane mode. >.> Am I just getting lucky? Or is this something fixed in GBX?

Depends on the radio firmware it seems. Never a bad idea to boot with WinMo in Airplane Mode - that ensures that the radio is completely shut down before booting Android.
10th April 2012, 03:44 AM   |  #1879  

76 posts
Hey Arrrghhh, is there a major reason to upgrade my rootfs or initrd beyond what is in the 7.1 complete package?
10th April 2012, 04:03 AM   |  #1880  

11,402 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoc

Hey Arrrghhh, is there a major reason to upgrade my rootfs or initrd beyond what is in the 7.1 complete package?

Not that I can think of. If you're playing with newer kernels, there's a slight reason to upgrade the rootfs. Hasn't been an initrd update in ages .

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc touch pro2, xdandroid
Previous Thread Next Thread