Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 40,070 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Market question

Tip us?

Jason Roach
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Default Market question

Would anyone know why a d3 would have issues d/l stuff from market? It says that my device is not compatible but some of these apps I already have on my phone and some of them my girlfriend can d/l on her d3 but I can't? Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA

redsox985
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Roach View Post
Would anyone know why a d3 would have issues d/l stuff from market? It says that my device is not compatible but some of these apps I already have on my phone and some of them my girlfriend can d/l on her d3 but I can't? Any ideas?

Market version I'd assume? Are you using Google Play yet?

Jason Roach
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Yep on play

digitalsynner85
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Roach View Post

because it's not classifying your phone as a "droid 3" its classifying it as something different, i believe if you modify the build.prop file, theres a line in there that says "device ID" and you can change it to the correct device ID and it should recognize it as a D3, but then this is all for custom roms, if you're using a stock rom, then i'm completely in the dark lol

redsox985
Old
(Last edited by redsox985; 14th April 2012 at 01:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalsynner85 View Post
because it's not classifying your phone as a "droid 3" its classifying it as something different, i believe if you modify the build.prop file, theres a line in there that says "device ID" and you can change it to the correct device ID and it should recognize it as a D3, but then this is all for custom roms, if you're using a stock rom, then i'm completely in the dark lol
It definitely can be seen as many phones. The XT862 is the American model of the Droid 3, but the Droid 3 is a Verizon specific branding. If I go to the Play Store on my computer and DL an app to my phone, I have multiple models to pick from, all are my D3, but some are labeled D3 and some are XT862, and I attribute this to running custom ROMs, both modified Blur and AOSP (I believe AOSP broke the Droid 3 branding).

Check my screen capture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	different devices.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	1002035