Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Best Text Messaging App?

OP Mrktmind

8th April 2012, 09:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Dayton, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 17

98 posts
Using Google Voice for text messaging. Have noticed that there are several others available and wondering which is better? Whatsapp, Voxer, Viber, etc.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by Mrktmind; 8th April 2012 at 10:09 PM.
9th April 2012, 05:17 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 23

128 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrktmind

Using Google Voice for text messaging. Have noticed that there are several others available and wondering which is better? Whatsapp, Voxer, Viber, etc.

Any thoughts?

Honestly, the best one would probably just be Google Voice (as your probably used too, considering you use it). I've had absolutely no problems with it, and the texting online from your computer feature is also a huge plus! It seems to be the best of all the other ones I've tried.
9th April 2012, 09:08 AM   |  #3  
Flag Connecticut, United States
Thanks Meter: 44

206 posts
I've been using textplus but have been really disappointed with it. It works but it's slow and clunky.
9th April 2012, 06:51 PM   |  #4  
Flag houston
Thanks Meter: 13

261 posts
More
Im using textfree its better than the others go to 4shared.com and look for the apk and install it it actually gives you a number based on your zip code

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA
10th April 2012, 12:43 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 23

128 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j21098

Im using textfree its better than the others go to 4shared.com and look for the apk and install it it actually gives you a number based on your zip code

Google Voice gives you a number based on your area code as well. I find TextFree only good on iOS, the Android version is quite slow.
10th April 2012, 05:36 AM   |  #6  
Flag houston
Thanks Meter: 13

261 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaIINN

Google Voice gives you a number based on your area code as well. I find TextFree only good on iOS, the Android version is quite slow.

Ive used it on both i think they are the same but ios has voice thats the only difference i noticed

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread