T-Mobile Expands Its LTE Network

T-Mobile US has announced moreLTE network expansion. The carrierwill provide asignal for the700 MHz band, … more

Kernel Source Available for HTC One M8

HTC pushed the Lollipop-based Sense update to the developer edition of the HTC One M8 just a couple … more

Asus Hints at Upcoming Week-long Battery Smartwatch

Asus hinted that their next smartwatch, succesor to the elegant ZenWatch, could feature … more

Note 4 Full Caller ID Mod

Flash this mod to get a clean full-screen caller ID on your Note 4, which also comes with a Call Recording button … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Best Text Messaging App?

OP Mrktmind

8th April 2012, 09:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Dayton, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 17
 
99 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
Using Google Voice for text messaging. Have noticed that there are several others available and wondering which is better? Whatsapp, Voxer, Viber, etc.

Any thoughts?
Last edited by Mrktmind; 8th April 2012 at 10:09 PM.
9th April 2012, 05:17 AM   |  #2  
ZaIINN's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
129 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrktmind

Using Google Voice for text messaging. Have noticed that there are several others available and wondering which is better? Whatsapp, Voxer, Viber, etc.

Any thoughts?

Honestly, the best one would probably just be Google Voice (as your probably used too, considering you use it). I've had absolutely no problems with it, and the texting online from your computer feature is also a huge plus! It seems to be the best of all the other ones I've tried.
9th April 2012, 09:08 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag Connecticut, United States
Thanks Meter: 44
 
206 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
I've been using textplus but have been really disappointed with it. It works but it's slow and clunky.
9th April 2012, 06:51 PM   |  #4  
j21098's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag houston
Thanks Meter: 13
 
263 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Im using textfree its better than the others go to 4shared.com and look for the apk and install it it actually gives you a number based on your zip code

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA
10th April 2012, 12:43 AM   |  #5  
ZaIINN's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
129 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j21098

Im using textfree its better than the others go to 4shared.com and look for the apk and install it it actually gives you a number based on your zip code

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

Google Voice gives you a number based on your area code as well. I find TextFree only good on iOS, the Android version is quite slow.
10th April 2012, 05:36 AM   |  #6  
j21098's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag houston
Thanks Meter: 13
 
263 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaIINN

Google Voice gives you a number based on your area code as well. I find TextFree only good on iOS, the Android version is quite slow.

Ive used it on both i think they are the same but ios has voice thats the only difference i noticed


Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes